• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
No because the game was shown last year, with Tom Clancy's other characters, including Sam

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's obvious at this point the Splinter Cell franchise is done and is not coming back. At least they are using the character I guess

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Think they announced this a while ago. They are never making a new Splinter Cell, let's all accept this.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
you're going to get him in this game and his suit in Breakpoint and you're going to like it!

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It was already announced, op. This was just to remind you of the insult in case you forgot.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
A little part of my gaming soul died when they showed those toon R6 operators.

220px-Rainbowsix3.jpg

Good night, sweet prince, we'll never see your like again.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
With MGS dead this is the best time for a new Splinter Cell. Dunno wth Ubi is doing.

Probably hard to use the Ubisoft Every Open World Game Is The Same formula for Splinter Cell. I mean, I can only imagine a new Splinter Cell just being what Ghost Recon's become, but with no AI allies.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
This is not new game. And btw, i need a real Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia. (Not Assassin's Creed. :( )

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Probably hard to use the Ubisoft Every Open World Game Is The Same formula for Splinter Cell. I mean, I can only imagine a new Splinter Cell just being what Ghost Recon's become, but with no AI allies.

Funny you mention that. Cause Sam has been making cameos in the Ghost Recon games for special missions.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Ironside is just straight up in Breakpoint. That game's entire scenario would make so much more sense as a Splinter Cell game...

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft wants me to hate them, holding Sam back like this. Dirtbags.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Welp...bout time for another year of replaying the previous Splinter Cell games while crying in the dark.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I mean, it makes sense I guess. Ubi probably can't crack the code. Trying to make money with a stealth game? And it doesn't fit into their open world style of games.

At this point I wouldn't be mad if they made the game episodic or something. I just want it. As long as the levels had awesome replayability. Like Hitman 2016.

Jun 15, 2020
I mean, it makes sense I guess. Ubi probably can't crack the code. Trying to make money with a stealth game? And it doesn't fit into their open world style of games.

At this point I wouldn't be mad if they made the game episodic or something. I just want it. As long as the levels had awesome replayability. Like Hitman 2016.

Make a traditional Splinter Cell campaign. And get your recurring money from the Spies vs. Marcs mode. You can GaaS that mode all up. Release new gadgets, weapons, and characters every few months. That's fine, especially if the campaign is Splinter Cell.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

I think everyone doesn't understand that those splinter cell games don't sell well. Keep hoping for them. I'm sure they'd rather just take the 20 million they are guaranted from AC. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/s...derperforms-with-2-million-sold/1100-6416144/

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I don't see what's so difficult about making a modern Splinter Cell game. If they are concerned about making it a GaaS title, just make each locale semi-open world and have the missions take place in multiple locales (similar to Hitman). This would allow the player to complete the objectives in many different ways, while allowing Ubisoft to add new content at a later date.

It doesn't have to be a linear stealth game to be good, but it doesn't need to be fully open world either.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Thinking about it more they could totally make decent money on the franchise if they also went hard on Spies Vs Mercs mode along with an awesome single player/co-op campaign. Hell, give spies v mercs seasons and operators like R6 Seige. Maybe even have some R6 crossovers for the Mercs.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
You aren't getting splinter cell back, that would require a AAA dev to do something interesting. At best you get a monkey's paw scenario of a new splinter cell but it's a bland open world with a shit story and microtransactions.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
I keep imagining a splinter cell game in he style of Hitman.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah looks like they'll drag him out for one of their other games every now and then. I did enjoy his mission in Wildlands a few years back.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
A company with over 18k employees and they can't greenlight a new Splinter Cell title