• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
I've been thinking about all day and I'm actually convinced myself that for holiday 2020 Nintendo will release either

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Super Mario Oddssey 2
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Remake

or

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Super Mario 3D Port
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Remake

Mario in October, Pokemon in November & Zelda in December. Sounds reasonable to me and boy do I want them also.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Nintendo's really concerned with what Sony and Microsoft are doing.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
NSwitch_TheSequelToTheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild_01_image500w.jpg

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They have their own thing going on. They don't need to do anything special. Although BOTW 2 will probably be next fall unless it gets delayed.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
They´ll drop the price to 250 on the regular one and 179 on the lite.
Release BOTW2 or Odyssey 2 during the holiday, either of which will sell like 10 million copies in 2 months.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Nintendo is in their own lane right now and honestly, that's probably the best thing for them for now and long term. Let Microsoft and Sony duke it out and just cruise right to the finish line.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Short answer: Breath of the Wild 2.

Long answer: Nintendo will be the only manufacturer who still offers a console with a completely unique selling point which none of the competition looks to replicate, along with what's easily going to be the lowest barrier of entry price-wise given it could very likely get a price cut some time next year, while the next-gen twins have a high chance launching at $499. Nintendo is running their own race right now, and what Sony and Microsoft are doing will likely not have that much of an impact on them.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I expect BOTW2 to release in holiday 2020 unless if they will end up delaying the game

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe Zelda or just shit out a Kirby game and keep Zelda for the Switch 2 with full backwards compatibility in 2021/22.

Kamagii

Oct 27, 2017
South of Heaven
Good games from classic franchises we all love I doubt it will be anything bigger than possibly new BOTW .. I just don't see another Pokémon game within a year of sword and shield . I do foresee DLC for it though giving us new/old pokemon

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
They´ll drop the price to 250 on the regular one and 179 on the lite.
Release BOTW2 or Odyssey 2 during the holiday, either of which will sell like 10 million copies in 2 months.
Whynotboth.gif

Actually for me Mario Odyssey 2 isn't a given sale. I was so hungry for a sandbox Mario but Odyssey is actually a minigame collection not a focused Mario platformer. Also too many moons were simple/watered down so it made the whole game feel kinda pointless. The world wasn't cohesive with jarring art differences from one area to the next, bouncing between realistic cartoony, abstract, 2D, etc. It was a shmorgasboard of small detached ideas cobbled together with Mario as the tour guide driving you from one attraction to the next. I don't want to play a sequel to that mess. But a focused Mario sandbox title where you are actually Mario most the game I would love to play.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Rock solid games. I don't think we need another Nintendo console just yet. Might get a price drop soon though.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've always been of the opinion that they push for BOTW 2 as their major holiday 2020 game to counter next gen consoles. There a reason why they revealed BOTW 2 last E3 if you ask me

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely the Switch Pro but it will be Early 2021 with BOTW2 because Nintendo.
So im thinking Nintendo will just shrug and take the L for the next holiday. Maybe we'll get Bayonetta 3 and Prime Trilogy

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Switch sales isn't threatened by next gen launch, Switch's third party support is. There's a big possibility that third parties could treat Switch as "old news" like they would do to PS4 and Xbox One and completely abandon the system. Nintendo should focus on finding new ways to keep the third parties at bay.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They will have their games, of course.
Whether they will be fine in terms of hardware sales we will see. I guess marketing for both next gen consoles will overshadow almost everything.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still have such a hard time believing that BotW2 is coming next year. We haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that's the case.

To the topic, maybe a $30 price cut to switch or a better game bundle. They'll be fine regardless. The general maturation of the Switch library at this point will work to their favor.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

This.

And for those that are worried about 3rd party support, the Switch can cruise by on the inevitable cross-gen titles we'll get for like a year or so. By then they will have announced the Switch 2/Pro and they'll be right back into a good position.