• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
mgid:arc:content:nickelodeon.com.au:26462316-d01b-4fb1-9a05-c8a81df0092d

Okay fair.

My Cow Phelps

Oct 25, 2017
1 - IIRC Zuko was by far the most popular character of the show, and Katara the most popular female character, so it kind of makes sense to ship them together.
2 - I suppose it must be hard even for those super hardcore fans to ship Aang with anyone since he looks/acts too much like a child. Both Zuko and Katara seem more mature.
3 - Ending of season 2.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Varrick + Zhu Li showed me they had it in them to do a good ship.

They just didn't care to do do one for Korra

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I remember being a thing when the show was airing, but it always seemed like Aang and Katara were going to end up together in the end.
Katara= the character shippers most identify with
Zuko= the character shippers find attractive

It's simple. The modern day equivalent would be Bakugo/Uraraka from My Hero Academia.
The Bakugo/Uraraka thing I just don't understand. They have had like one meaningful interaction the entire series and she clearly likes Deku. It's not even ambiguous
is this a fucking thing too???
Unfortunately

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aang and Katara had no chemistry whatsoever.

Katara and Zuko had that kinda love-hate thing I could see happening, especially when they went on their side quest together.
I'm not gonna listen to someone with an Arrow avatar about proper shipping

Zutara fans are on that "I can fix him" binge

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I remember being a thing when the show was airing, but it always seemed like Aang and Katara were going to end up together in the end.

The Bakugo/Uraraka thing I just don't understand. They have had like one meaningful interaction the entire series and she clearly likes Deku. It's not even ambiguous

Unfortunately
www.youtube.com

shipping characters

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/prozdMy Let's Play channel, Press Buttons n Talk:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSHsNH4FZXFeSQMJ56AdrBAMy Merch/T-Shirt Sto...

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Remember that time they stood slightly closer together in a cave in season 2!?

ZUTARA FOREVER!

I mean, they were bonding over their dead mothers and Katara was literally about to use her one-shot, ultra-magic healing water that can kinda raise the dead (and she will never get any more of it ever) on his dumb scar just because it made him feel bad.

Zuko-and-Katara.png

It's not nothin, y'know?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And an utmost foolish decision, for Zuko belongs to no one else but Mai. These are the known facts.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Even the creators were shipping them:

It breaks my heart that we only got 3 of these chibi episodes.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first season as it aired and it really blew up online when Zuko first kidnaps Katara in... The Waterbending Scroll episode? That other girls my age (14 at the time) saw that interaction as romantic chemistry was pretty disturbing.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That ship is the reason why we had the Korra and Mako trainwreck.
Lmao yep. I remember from day one thinking this is the creators telling the shippers "look look here's a big reason to watch the show! The spiritual zuko character bad boy with a heart of gold is now the romantic interest of the water bender lead!".

Then a whole new shipping faction rose within the community that got their wish.

I watched the first season as it aired and it really blew up online when Zuko first kidnaps Katara in... The Waterbending Scroll episode? That other girls my age (14 at the time) saw that interaction as romantic chemistry was pretty disturbing.

Kids and young teens having to learn that a boy and a girl interacting does not mean they will immediately want to hook up is an important step in life. I had to learn, alongside many Digimon fans, that just because you're childhood friends with a girl who you get along with very well it doesn't mean when you grow up that she'll become romantically interested in you.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll sit here on my Suki and Sokka shipping mountain where no one can get me, not even the Sokka Toph shippers.

Yeah that's when I've heard it started too. It hit critical mass at the cave

They also considered a century old vampire stalking a girl and watching her sleep as he fought to distinguish between dateability and food as romance so it's not completely out of nowhere

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's when I've heard it started too. It hit critical mass at the cave

They also considered a century old vampire stalking a girl and watching her sleep as he fought to distinguish between dateability and food as romance so it's not completely out of nowhere
Oh for sure. Even at that age we had already internalized fucked up messages about what was romantic.

Aug 7, 2019
Aang is short so he's unworthy of Katara seems to be the main thinking there, height discrimination

Ty Lokka is the true Sokka ship don't @ me (It even would have fulfilled that protagonist/antagonist ship thing people wanted with Zutara)

KKBB

Banned
Oct 12, 2019

I was nauseated when I found out how many women have rape fantasies.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
I honestly don't know how fans could just gloss over the fact that zuko tried to kill Aang multiple times, attack Katara And the gang constantly, betray her trust multiple times, but yea let's forget all that and have a loving relationship, like what ?? lol I could understand being some what friends, but you can't just forget that stuff

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know how fans could just gloss over the fact that zuko tried to kill Aang multiple times, attack Katara And the gang constantly, betray her trust multiple times, but yea let's forget all that and have a loving relationship, like what ?? lol I could understand being some what friends, but you can't just forget that stuff

The power of a good redemption arc

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
People often tend to "ship" based on whether they think two characters look good side by side in Deviantart fan pictures.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Aang and Katara's romance just forced and rushed.
"Rushed" in that it started in the first half of the first episode and didn't conclude with a relationship until the series finale.
This is using the Earth Kingdom definition of "rushed", which is the opposite of what it means everywhere else.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Look, I'm a shipper, I get the appeal.

But Kataang>Zutara by any margin.

Also Uraraka/Bakugo is vomit inducing.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It would have been if it hadn't been so clumsily shoehorned.
Never got how Korrasami came out of nowhere for people, I started picking up on it really early on in season 4. They just held hands so I never felt like it was a "omg they're a couple!!!" moment so much as a very early sign that there could be a romantic relationship there.

Reminds me of people who ship Malfoy and Hermonie
Malfoy is literally the worst character in the series and has no redeeming qualities. Why does anyone ship him with any character?