• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Still feel a Koei Tecmo character is needed to round things out, Nintendo's closest partner without a rep, Ryu or Kasumi would be cool.

Also a second Bandai rep like Nightmare or KOSMOS would be cool

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Still feel a Koei Tecmo character is needed to round things out, Nintendo's closest partner without a rep, Ryu or Kasumi would be cool.

Also a second Bandai rep like Nightmare or KOSMOS would be cool
I didn't even think about it, but Ryu Hayabusa would be a great and reasonable inclusion. Not only is he one of Koei Tecmo's most famous original characters, but he got his start in a classic NES game series. He could even have a NES Ryu alt costume/color where he wears some basic ninja robes with a muted color palette.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I'm not placing my hopes up high, I'd personally like to see Travis Touchdown as a Grasshopper/Marvelous rep. It's pretty much my last real holdout request, Smash has given me pretty much almost everything I could've asked for, but he's always been one of my favorite characters in video gaming and No More Heroes is one of my favorite series. The character has always been associated with Nintendo as a notably adjacent cult favorite, and especially now he seems poised for a pretty big return with the big hyped up 3.

He's by no means as big of a star as other third party inclusions Smash goes for (closest proximity is Bayonetta but even then his games haven't visibly sold as strongly as that), but that's kind of the appeal with his character; him being the small time punk who gets in way over his head and fights actual legends to make a name for himself, or find his own identity rather, was basically the point of his games and it's the perfect underdog story to bring into Smash. I like it when Smash can afford to take the more niche route sometimes rather than merely celebrating legends. Like Sakurai says, as long as the character is fun, that's more important than being recognizable, and he oozes fun.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I think you would be very surprised at the small and insignificant group of people who campaign for ports of old games, especially if we're not talking about PC
I'm gonna be completely honest with you, my dude. I could not care less about the complaints of people who sell their system and games at the first announcement of a new one, then complain when they can't play the games from that system on newer hardware, because it is *entirely* their own fault.

"I want to play X game!"
"It's on Y system. Don't you own it?"
"No I got rid of it when the new system was announced."
"..."

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be completely honest with you, my dude. I could not care less about the complaints of people who sell their system and games at the first announcement of a new one, then complain when they can't play the games from that system on newer hardware, because it is *entirely* their own fault.

"I want to play X game!"
"..."
sir this is a denny's

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My wish? Sora. 100%. My expectation? I dunno, probably a Monster Hunter.

Sep 10, 2020

"I want to play X game!"
"..."
I don't either. Those complaints, as I alluded to, are pretty much only going to pop up on enthusiast forums, lol. The way you said those "weirdos" who *gasp* are interested in new generations of systems, most of whom won't even get one for 2-3 years later, was a little elitist. Like it's that baffling for you to realize that for most people video games are a light hobby and that they'll sell the old console once they get a newer one? I just don't think the majority are that interested in old games.
That said, I don't want to derail the thread, and I do feel we're talking past each other a bit.

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - Square-Enix

My wish? Sora. 100%.

If there's a 3rd Square-Enix character, it's going to be someone else like 2B as a Non-Final Fantasy & Non-Dragon Quest rep. Sora would be much of a hurdle to get in because of Disney & their licensing.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
After Steve got in I'm now fully down with Master Chief getting a slot.

...and if Chief gets in...why not also Kratos?

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Ryu for KT
Rayman for Ubisoft
Crash for Activision
And Geno because I want him. Lol

Edit: but realistically my fourth choice is Monster Hunter.

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
After Steve got in I'm now fully down with Master Chief getting a slot.

...and if Chief gets in...why not also Kratos?

Both have zero chances of getting in. Master Chief isn't exactly known or popular within the Japanese base like characters such as Banjo & Kazooie & Steve are. And we have Samus & Dark Samus filling in that role.

Plus Sony's not going to allow a character like Kratos on there.

Last edited:

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
My greatest desire that will never happen-
latest
He would be the best Assist trophy ever

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
My wish for the next 4 would be Sora, Doom Slayer, Crash, and Master Chief.

That would be insane hype.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I just want a Sony first party representative.

Ape Escape, Specter, please come to the castle and have Peach's cake.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Which is awesome! I hope Nintendo keeps doing this kind of colab, and I would even love for them to expand it to the likes of Mario Kart and Party.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Steve looks fun, but I hope the most of the remaining DLC characters are Nintendo characters. Fifteen is a hell of a lot of third party characters, and while I love most of them, Smash was always about the Nintendo characters to me, and there are still more I'd love to see.

I wouldn't be, like, upset if we get more third party characters, as long as they're cool, but Nintendo characters are where my preference lies.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad that Sony isn't involved in this party. Pretty much every company that released a home videogame console is represented in Smash except Playstation.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
When Snake and Sonic got announced for Brawl, I wanted to go back in time and show kid me who obsessed over the thought of them both being in Melee (and honestly it's kinda wild thinking about how the second game in the series almost had two third party characters). Now we're this far in and I can only imagine what it'd be like going back in time that far to show Ultimate's current roster. "Whose the edgy mask boy? What's the blocky man, is he from a future Nintendo game?"

The future is so exciting. The game is already so overloaded that adding four more characters whether they're first party, third parties of already established series (so many kids would go nuts over another Sonic character), or more new series not yet in the game, it'll be so hype. I really hope they manage to find a way to somehow work Sora in still, used to be against him prior to playing KH3 but seeing how popular of a request he is now doubled with the fact Disney's copyright in Smash would be absolutely massive I definitely want him now. I hope the next four characters are a toss up of long requested wish fulfillment for long time players as well as more completely wild stuff like Steve that makes out of context screenshots look even more unreal.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This game is never going to be ported to a future generation because of all the licensing agreements.
Keep your Switches in good condition folks.

Lol I never thought about this but yeah.

The cool thing is Melee has become sort of a big party industry mascot celebration game. Lots of cool chars. But licensing in the future, whew..

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
I'd really like Squall from Final Fantasy VIII and Crono from Chrono Trigger.

I know, more sword dudes, but it'd be awesome!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Please no reaction threads, this can be discussed in the main announcement thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.