• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What game should From Software make next?

• Bloodborne 2

Votes: 922 41.0%
  • Dark Souls IV

Votes: 142 6.3%
  • Sekiro 2

Votes: 61 2.7%
  • Demon Souls 2

Votes: 105 4.7%
  • Another King's Field

Votes: 80 3.6%
  • Another Armored Core

Votes: 300 13.3%
  • A New IP

Votes: 640 28.4%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
It's actually very conflicting wanting Bloodborne 2 because the original game + DLC is soooo amazingly perfect as it is (my favorite game of all time, and I've been playing since the Atari days).

My heart wants it but my head tells me that any sequel couldn't possibly live up to what it has achieved for video gaming.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
An engine without frame pacing problems.

Then again they're already using Unreal Engine 4 on their post-Sekiro projects so we're ok.

Let them have a vacation lol

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
All I want from them is a new Armored Core. A good one, like For Answer. I replayed it a bit the other day, it's still fantastic. No other game has nailed that feeling of controlling such agile machines while making you feel their weight and inertia.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
They partnered with Activision so its probably for several games.

So its gonna be a new ip most likely. A dark SyFy Doom like souls game would be for the best.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Threads like these always frustrate me a bit, let them breathe a second, at least give them a month or two lol.

Generally, even if they aren't posting, devs will look and see what people are saying in forums like these. Stuff like this can be a bit demoralising to be honest.

I don't think this thread is meant as a "get back to work you lazy devs", but as a "what will they be doing next when they go back to the office".

I'm gonna be lame and say I'd like a new Souls or Bloodborne. I just can't get enough of those games (and the Souls-clones never do it for me).

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
They're already working on a new Armored Core IIRC.

So I'd be down for a new Souls or Bloodborne title.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New stuff please. We've had enough Souls games. This guys are CRAZY talented and I can't wait to see where they'll go.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
A game like Resident Evil 1 or 2 but with melee destruct-able weapons. A horror game where enemies take advantage of your mistakes. Less focus on boss battles and typical Souls style gameplay. After playing RE2Remake, I think it could work.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
I put "a new IP", but only because that's the closest thing to "whatever the hell they want".

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Anything other than Bloodborne 2. Also, whatever it is should be on all platforms.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Armored Core. VD was 2013, I can't believe it has been six years already.

A cyberpunk Soulborne game would be the next best thing.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne 2 would have to be a prequel.
It's an incredible and near perfect narrative as is.

This. Or something in parallel to the timeline of events of the first, either also taking place in Yarhnam or maybe like a someone else from the church took blood healing to another city/region.

Prequel with Gehrman and Lady Maria heavily involved sounds good too.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Armored Core is the correct answer.

Edit: Also a bloodborne prequel that takes place in Pthumeria would be fucking amazing. OR OR like during the heighth of Cainhurst? ... uhg... Or Old Yarhnam... so many options.

OR OR .. it's a game AFTERWARDS where we as a newly born Old God attempt to consolidate power!!

I would play all of these games.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro released today
Yeah the game where I sit at a campfire and refill my healing item and respawns enemies I use while playing from a third person view that heavily involves parrying emphasizing difficulty in combat

BjCkl.jpg

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kuon or a true horror IP like how they rumored Sekiro earlier

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
Personally Bloodborne 2

But if a new IP I'd love to see them try out a dynamic day and night cycle and how that would change enemies/environments

Slayer97

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne 2 got my vote. But I'd be cool with another new IP refining the soulsborne style even more