• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SteveWD40

Oct 29, 2017
Day One.

I played it to death on PC years back, but I now have twins and the Switch is perfect for me due to being able to play it while they watch Cbeebies and instantly suspend it when one of them tries to do something lethal to themselves.

Price is steep, but I don't buy any other games (don't even have other systems) so fuck it. Got Mario, only Doom (and some indies) for the rest of the year, then I need to actually finish BoTW.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
I've only played about 8 hours of Skyrim for some reason (my old graphics card had an issue with this game but for some reason I never got the drive to pick it back up), so i'd be up for buying it again if it means I can play it on a portable.

I think Zelda showed that open world games can work really well as portable games that you play for short bits at a time. I guess beucase quests tend to be structed as short bite size chunks of gameplay.

Manggei

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm in. Preordered yesterday. I already own the big CE on PC and started playing twice. Unfortunately, I burnt myself a little out with modding it. It looked and played great, but I had no real fun after this tedious modding trip which took me almost over a week until I was satisfied.
On a certain point, ten or fifteen hours in, it crashed. Lost my interest then, since I spent much more time to fucking preparing modding and modding itself than playing.

But now is the time. Just plug and play, no seductive modding or anything else to distract me. And on the go! This is the main thing, a decent looking version of Skyrim with portable playing option! Glorious! The price tag doesn't bother me.

onkelsander

Oct 29, 2017
Is it confirmed that it won't have mod support?
I have both the PS3 and the PS4 version.... If it had mods I'd probably get it day one, if not then I don't know.... Suppose I'll end up getting it day one either way heh...

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Got it for PC on release and play like 10 hours - no idea why it just didn't click long term. The benefit of being able to play it during commutes has pushed me to give it another go. I really hope the performance is decent..

stray_moogle

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Never owned Skyrim, so never played it. The series died for me after Morrowind, but this version kind of rekindled my interest. Playing on the go, without trophies, is super appealing to me.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I've played about 150 hours of skyrim on PC and i'm actually excited to get it on the go.

I'm assuming this version won't have any mod support?

Is it confirmed that it won't have mod support?
I have both the PS3 and the PS4 version.... If it had mods I'd probably get it day one, if not then I don't know.... Suppose I'll end up getting it day one either way heh...

USGamer asked Pete Hinesand he said 'not at this time'.

InkyVulture

Oct 26, 2017
I can't see myself doing it soon unless they made multiple character management easy. I always go in with a clear character concept who all do different quests, rather than having an ultimate chosen one who will do it all.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Played the majority on 360 last gen and a little with mods on PC. I don't really like fantasy that much so though I enjoyed my time in the past I wasn't crazy for it.

Having said that it was an enjoyable game and being able to play it anywhere is very compelling, I can see me very easily picking it up for a third time on switch if it reviews well.

Ferrasvansen

Oct 25, 2017
Azeroth(Scotland)
Nope, having finished skyrim on pc and Xbox 360 I'm pretty much done. I might pick it up when it's cheap just for the portability aspect but I won't pay more than £15 or so.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Not with that price! Ask again if its 20.
The price debate is moot when Bethesda sold it for the same price last year on PS4 and Xbox One and they're doing it again with PS VR and Switch. You may personally not be willing to pay it but it clearly isn't overvalued considering just how well it sold last year.

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
Absolutely! Loved it on the 360 the first time around, putting in close to 300 hrs before I lost the save. Put another 60 or so hrs into the PC version last summer. So excited to do the same for the Switch version. I do believe that the portability is a strong factor in my excitement for it. There's something about being able to slay dragons on the go which is really attractive.

Krypton115

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Nope. I'm completely burnt out on Skyrim. I played it too much when it came out and have no interest in buying the game 3 times for different consoles. I'd rather just play Zelda again instead of putting down full price for a six year old game that, in my opinion, hasn't aged well.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd pick it up for like $20 maybe. I've already bought it twice.

PhilouFelin

Account closed at user request.
Oct 25, 2017
Not this time ! Bought the 360 version and played quite a bit with it. Bought digitally the PS4 version and barely played it, so I can't see myself playing much more on the Switch.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I'm in no way interested to play this again. Maybe for 10-15€ for the physical release one day, just to have it in my collection.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I've only ever owned it on PC before so it'll be my second time buying it. I actually had the annual itch to play it late last year but decided I'd wait until it released on Switch, which, admittedly took a bit longer than I was hoping, but I'm very excited to dive back in. I think I've only completed the DLC once so it'll be fun to go through those again.

It's a shame about mods, since I usually rely on at the very least a mod that alleviates inventory capacity issues but I'm sure I'll be fine without it. Very excited to play this in bed :)

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
No, although i should do - i've recently made the decision that i won't replay a game again, it 's just time wasted that could be spent playing something i've not played before.
Skyrim is probably the game i've put more hours into than anything else (on console) so i think this point proves true out of all games really.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Didn't like it that much on PC. Tried it out again when it upgraded to the enhanced version. Still didn't care for it that much compared to Morrow/Obliv.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When I get one, yeah why not. Skyrim on the Gough.

Link costume without breaking cheevos!!!! An embarrassment of riches.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but not for $60. I cannot justify $60 for a game that I've bought four different times and is 6 years old.

thebullfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I *want* to buy it, if for no reason other than supporting Bethesda's, and third parties as a whole, support of the Switch. The idea of portable Skyrim sounds like a dream come true in a lot of ways.

Problem is I know I'll never play it and it'll be a waste of money. When the special edition came out I was hyped to start playing it again. Didn't even make it to Whiterun before I kinda went "oh, right, it's still the same game I've dumped hundreds of hours into and got burned out on years ago". I just can't bring myself to spend the money on a game I know I'll probably play for an hour for the novelty of it, then never touch again.

That being said, if you're one of the people who hasn't played it to death yet, please for the love of the Nine Divines buy it.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Nah, can't justify playing it w/o the extensive mods on PC, mobility doesn't really play a factor for me, switch been sitting in the dock pretty much since day one

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it does really well and we get Fallout 4. I never finished that game but I did spend a significant time playing it.

I miss Skyrim so bad and am so pumped for this. Does anyone know when we can expect reviews? Will they be before or on launch date? I hope this won't be a bad port but rather a smooth experience. Previews do seem good so hopefully it should be the latter.

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I think I might pick it up if/when it comes down to a budget price, but if I have 60 bucks and it can either go to skyrim or mario odyssey, I think I'll get the title that I don't already own multiple times.

Oct 30, 2017
Portable Elder Scrolls!
I was sad that the PSP version of Oblivion was cancelled way back when. It took several years to go portable since then but it will be worth the wait.
Day 1 for me.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, put well over 200 hours into the 360 version and another 120+ into the SE on Pro since last year, so nah. Besides, Skyrim is the last game I'd want to play on a tiny screen on the go -- that there are no mods is just icing on the nope-cake.

Deleted member 11002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. I'm a bit flabbergasted that there are as many people looking forward to it as there seem to be for a game that came out six years ago. Unless you've never played it, of course

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've only played Skyrim a few times on PC and didn't get very far. I'm going to pick Skyrim up on a sale only because I just don't know why I can't get into what everyone says is a fantastic game. Maybe it needs to be portable for me.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have never played Skyrim, only really knowing about it in passing from all those memes from years back, so I'm kinda curious. I don't even really know how big the game is but, by the sounds of it, it's enormous.

nowhoney

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no real desire to play it again (for a third time).

I got the platinum trophy when it released on PlayStation 3, and again when it re-released for PlayStation 4.

The VR offering does look interesting though...

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No. I can't convince myself to reinvest in Skyrim. It's too much of a time sink. And my backlog is too big already (yes, on the Switch).

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
I will most likely go with the PSVR version. That Gamespot preview stream cleared most of my doubts away. Hoping for a proper resolution. But the switch version is very tempting too.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
If they had limited mod support similar to the PS4, I would probably double dip again. I still might if I can find a big enough discount, but I doubt Black Friday deals will apply to a game just released.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
I can't see myself doing it soon unless they made multiple character management easy. I always go in with a clear character concept who all do different quests, rather than having an ultimate chosen one who will do it all.

They did it indeed. This screenshot is from the PC version, but since this is based on the Special Edition it's probably going to be there too.

20161031125007_1p1se6.jpg

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It's the only way I can play the vanilla game again. By that I mean if I play on PC, I'm going to spend a lot more time modding it than playing. It's just inevitable. Plus, being able to play it on the go is an added bonus.