• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
They got a lot of ideas out of GRRM, specifically the one where things never get released

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring and Tales of Arise being no shows for so long is worrying. I get it, COVID, but still. At least Tales of Arise has gameplay footage in its debut trailer.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it is at early development, you could at least give the fans a small teaser. You have Sekiro winning GOTY last year and ER winning most anticipated game this year and you not use that for your advantage?

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong in thinking this is going to be a souls-esque game, in a more sprawling/true open world? If so, I would assume the dev time is going to be notably longer than a standard souls title.

According to Phil Spencer it is their most ambitious game. But who even knows what that means.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Look, George needs to take his time with the story. Readers of A Song of Ice and Fire already know this.

JoJokomoko

May 31, 2019
Thailand
What's the possibility that From would just drop a new trailer on their Youtube channel without waiting for the next gaming event next year?

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Even if it is at early development, you could at least give the fans a small teaser. You have Sekiro winning GOTY last year and ER winning most anticipated game this year and you not use that for your advantage?
Do they even need that added advantage?

I feel like From's games have grown beyond the need of 10-second teasers to build up more hype.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This game was announced in 2019 correct? And it was just a CG teaser correct? If yes, I would estimate that they probably started work just months before that teaser. Given a 4-5 year development cycle, I wouldn't expect to see anything for at least another year, maybe even 2.

JoJokomoko

May 31, 2019
Thailand
What if the game is not fully optimize yet and the trailer came out like the leak project beast terailer with 10fps? I would rather they fully ready with the game before showing it to be honest.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Oh... didn't know that. Then yeah, it's likely in development he'll. If we don't see live person controller driven gameplay by summer then it's likely canceled.

What? Mid-2017 would put it at roughly 2.5-3 years, which is pretty standard dev time, and this is apparently a much bigger and ambitious than previous titles plus COVID put them back no doubt. Kind of jumping the gun there lol

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Something is happening with this game:

- It might be completely redone for Next Gen.
- It might have serious development and engine problems.
- They maybe announced too soon, and the trailer was only a target Render, no development started (Square Enix style).
- Some Exclusivity deal is being done right now that is keeping the game from being shown until some conference.

Pick your poison.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017

- They maybe announced too soon, and the trailer was only a target Render, no development started (Square Enix style).
- Some Exclusivity deal is being done right now that is keeping the game from being shown until some conference.

Pick your poison.

I'll take poison no. 3 thanks.

I just find it weird that they would have announced it too early. Especially because I don't think there was even a need to announce a game that soon after Sekiro was released.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Pick your poison.
Or none of the above and covid and the new gen arriving just delayed things

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
3644625-6913_600.jpg

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
fromsoftware, between 2011 and 2019, release 5 games. 5 games in 8 years and people can't give them a bit of time off? to work at a slower rate? calm yourselves

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

Pick your poison.

lol Woke up, opened this thread and the tin foil hats club is popping I see.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Goddamn guys, Sekiro came out last year, how thirsty do you guys need to be? These games take some time.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Knowing that the most influent game designer of the last decade is working on the most influential setup of the same period is making you too nervous and impatient guys and gals. And me too xD

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
What did y'all expect? From is collaborating with the guy who hasn't been able to release the 6th GoT book since 2011. It'll release eventually, maybe like 2022/2023. Also, CGI trailer was released like 1.5yrs ago.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Take it with a grain of salt if you must, coming from the man himself, but he insists his biggest problem is that he has too many ideas and it hinders his focus. There's a lot more going on in the world and lore of ASOIAF than either of what you described.
I'm familiar

I know that scene with Wun Wun killing that one nights watch guy at the end 9f dance is a refrence to the giants winning some football game

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Game development take time, news at 11.

Seriously, it was very obvious this game was announced way early when all we got was a CG trailer. Its kinda funny when I see people so upset when they don't have a gameplay trailer a year later. This shit takes time, especially when its their first real open world game.

You guys are seriously impatient and are grasping at straws to find reasons you do not have what you want.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What did y'all expect? From is collaborating with the guy who hasn't been able to release the 6th GoT book since 2011. It'll release eventually, maybe like 2022/2023. Also, CGI trailer was released like 1.5yrs ago.

GRRM's contributions to the game were done ages ago. He wrote the backstory/lore of the universe and then handed it off to From Soft. He isn't actively working on the game with them so he wouldn't have anything to do with how long it'd take them to release the game.

With it being From Soft's most ambitious game and open world, it's not exactly a surprise it's probably going to take longer than the gap between their past games.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
if people are so impatient, go play the Demons Souls remake, it's literally *chef's kiss*