• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
discriminating against women is nothing, folks. you heard it here, from this guy.

i for one am glad we've solved sexism.
I'll give you a second to count the number of people in this thread outraged about his discrimination against women compared to hair color, suit buttoning, etc.

I don't like the guy either, but the responses in this thread are pathetic at best, salty and petty at worst.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this earlier, good video.

Not sure why you posted it on ResetEra though, people here already have their minds made up that he's a terrible sexist who hates women, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Evidence? Last time I checked he wouldn't stream with any woman. I'm not saying he hates women, just working with them...because he is a terrible sexist. Would be genuinely curious to see what evidence you have though.

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
User Banned (1 Weeks): Excusing sexism
I like Ninja, but I don't really like Jimmy Fallon that much. I'll go ahead and check out this interview later, though.

Also, Ninja isn't really sexist. His wife's the reason why he won't stream with women. If he weren't married, he'd be streaming with a lot of ladies. It's not sexism, it's what seems to be an insecure marriage. I blame his wife for being afraid of the hypothetical rumors that'll come from Ninja streaming with a girl!

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
I remember stumbling across Ninja on Twitch back at the MCC launch. His channel wasn't exactly a big deal back then, but the guy was a crazy good and had such a love for Halo. Crazy to see where he is at now.

OP
OP
Parenegade

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I like Ninja, but I don't really like Jimmy Fallon that much. I'll go ahead and check out this interview later, though.

Also, Ninja isn't really sexist. His wife's the reason why he won't stream with women. If he weren't married, he'd be streaming with a lot of ladies. It's not sexism, it's what seems to be an insecure marriage. I blame his wife for being afraid of the hypothetical rumors that'll come from Ninja streaming with a girl!

Phew. Sure am glad we found the woman that's actually responsible for this man's bad decisions.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This thread:
1324596542030_7713053.png

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017

well, he's actively discriminated against women throughout his career - thereby actively and passively contributing to the garbage that women have to put up with both within the gaming community and outside of it - so, y'know, still not a fan!

but, hey, credit where it's due: he's now a former sexist shitbird, apparently.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
That explanation for why people watch others play video games is nonsense. People watch them because they find it entertaining. DSP wouldn't have had a career if his explanation was the case.

OP
OP
Parenegade

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, he's actively discriminated against women throughout his career so, y'know, still not a fan! but, hey, credit where it's due: he's now a former sexist shitbird, apparently.

And to really drive it home, he hosted her after playing with her and gave her stream the biggest growth it's ever had.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's totally right. While it's nerdier than lifting weights and getting brain damage, it's still exhibiting a high level of skill in a game people are interested in. Why are people acting so hostile to him in this thread? Seems ridiculously petty.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Seeing this guy everywhere lately is getting annoying, it's like you can't avoid him.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All this talk about his douchey hair and nobody mentions how lame and bland his handle is.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
The solution to you being annoyed by Ninja isn't to bring him down, but help someone else rise up. Whatever you want to think about him, he's done more for gaming this year than most people here.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, why is this guy hated so much here? I don't follow him at all.

Edit: I see some more comments about how he's discriminating against women, how so?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And to really drive it home, he hosted her after playing with her and gave her stream the biggest growth it's ever had.
So he is finally reacting to the negative press that he got, good. Hope it actually continues, because ignoring female players is fucking terrible.
Don't listen to this person. Evidence was posted earlier in this thread showing he isn't.
He didn't play with women in the past, he has stated as such. The evidence is recent and it is good that he is righting that wrong.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Some of you are acting like he has committed murder before. He has said some silly things but it's pretty obvious that he's not sexist. Or at least not in a horrible way...just some things he was probably pretty ignorant about which now looks like he is heading in a better direction.

Some of.the stuff you lot call him is strange. There is no middle ground with you guys...someone is either ok or a complete shitbag.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally any other industry if you made the comments he made about working with women you would be blasted. The people here talking about his appearance are not being smart. He has far bigger issues.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
This clip on why people watch other people play video games is pretty succinct.

Reminds me of Jimmy Kimmel not understanding people watching people play videogames, and why it's so darn popular. His team picked a lot of silly comments of course. The "why watch sports" question was on it but he just brushed it off saying he thought people who watch sports are stupid as well. Why watch people talk on tv when you can talk to people in real life? Why watch tv and be entertained by a lot of things like books at all? What is life?