• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
As latest consoles are all over the news my wife was interested in knowing which console I will buy. I told her since we don't have a 4k TV at the moment I am leaning towards Xbox series s. It has a subscription service which is great for us in tough financial times.

So today I came home from work and there was a present waiting for me. When I opened it it was Xbox one s. She even boasted that it was better value as it had 1tb storage. Then I told her what has happened and we both laughed.

Has anything like this happened to anyone here?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Boy that's a thread title huh

thanks MS

Glad you could both laugh about it

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I mean...

Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One X
Xbox Series S
Xbox Series X

I can see why someone would be confused.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people here keep saying this wouldn't be an issue when it clearly is.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
One X sales skyrocketed on Amazon after the Series X went up for pre-order. Microsoft really botched their naming schemes for these consoles.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Where'd she even get a One S? I thought they stopped making it before the new ones came out.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bullshit!

Loads of people here have said this wouldn't happen and anyone bringing it up is concern trolling so it can't be true.

/S

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood the insistence that MS's Xbox naming convention won't be at all confusing to people.

Hell, it's confusing to me.

They're dumb names, man.

Oct 27, 2017
That definitely is a bummer but if you can laugh about it good. Just return it and make sure to get her something nice too, regardless of what she ends up actually getting you

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can replace it or something.

MS really messed up with their name scheme.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I thought a soy wife was some kind of insult like soy boy.

MS naming scheme is extremely confusing, even worse than the wii and wiiu. I come to this site and sorta follow gaming news overall and even I don't really know which is which half the time.

Oct 28, 2017
This kind of thing is my Achilles heel.

When someone does something nice for you, but it's...really not the right thing. Turns my insides to jello.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this has ever happened to me before.

Even my grandparents, then in their 80s, picked me up a gift for my 13th birthday and it was a Mario game.

Dec 15, 2017
I'm not surprised and it will happen a lot until the Series S is gone altogether. It's already happened to two mom's I know that were buying them for their kids.

Luckily, they brought it up with me and they were able to return them (albeit not find the actual Series S to buy), so they didn't disappoint their kids at least.

Unlike the OP, some people may not have it in them to say something and have it returned/exchanged, so some will just suck it up for the benefit of the gift giver.

The confusion will eventually go away as the old models sell out, but there is nothing that can convince me Xbox uses a ridiculous naming scheme for their products. It's so dumb that it's allmost like the confusing naming is purposely intended, and I picture a bunch of exec's acknowledging it and laughing about it.

OP
OP
Fezan

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Made the end of title more clear, but was "soy wife" supposed to mean something else? Lol

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The closer we get to Christmas the more we are going to be hearing about this. Xbox screwed this up big time with the naming conventions.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
More than anything, this thread highlights how awesome your wife is. Not only did she surprise you, but she laughed it off when she got you the wrong thing.