• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
This an interesting situation and I am somehow way more invested than I anticipated.

On one hand, I do think platonic intimacy is a good and healthy thing, especially for people "going through it." As someone who grew up with a lot of close female friends and confidants, I realized that they definitely offered a certain sense of comfort my male friends (for the most) part could not. It was never anything sexual or romantic in nature at all - it just felt comforting to have those people to talk to or be close to when I was feeling rough. (idk, Freud probably has something to say about this or something)

On the other hand, I do think it's worth bringing up (even just casually) with Brad. Hell, even if you just mentioned it in a "it was really nice of her to be there for Jack when he was having a hard time." Nothing wrong with highlighting something that could be seen as mature and understanding and, if by chance it was "unsavory" in any way, he'd be aware and could tackle it with her directly.

Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
That's Tammy, Trey's ex-girlfriend. This is classic Tammy. Trey broke up with Tammy because Maureen Kanallen said that she saw Tammy flirting with Walt Timny at a party, but she was only doing it to make Trey jealous because you know, she thought that Trey secretly liked Erin Henebry, but he doesn't like Erin Henebry, it was all a bunch of bull.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's very affectionate, loves being cuddly & just generally very close with friends & family themself I personally don't think her cuddling him is in any way weird since he's probably very emotionally vulnerable right now & I sure as fuck would do the same for my best friend or any other good friend if it'd help them sleep better.

But I'm also not a weird cishettie - obviously not directed at you since you're not cishet, but some of the people itt lmao - who thinks two (usually straight) friends can't enjoy being physically close to each other without wanting to fuck. Intimacy & affection aren't inherently sexual & especially when one is in need of comfort that's the last thing on anyone's mind. I'm a super nurturing person & whenever I'm comforting a friend or family member I always feel more like a parent or sibling comforting a loved one than anything else anyway.

But I guess with the amount of cheek & forehead kisses, hugs & cuddles I give both friends & family some boring people would think I'm being a weirdo who's into each & every one of them lmfao. I'm a lesbian, but I guess by their logic a bi or pan person is just not allowed to be affectionate with any of their friends since naturally they'd want to fuck every single one? Jesus Christ, the straights are out of control. Especially the men who think a firm hug or pat on the shoulder is all the affection you should give a friend who needs comfort. I've spent whole days cuddling & caring for loved ones after someone close to them died or their relationship ended. No wonder so many men are so fucking emotionally unavailable & stunted.

Amen

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's very affectionate, loves being cuddly & just generally very close with friends & family themself I personally don't think her cuddling him is in any way weird since he's probably very emotionally vulnerable right now & I sure as fuck would do the same for my best friend or any other good friend if it'd help them sleep better.

But I'm also not a weird cishettie - obviously not directed at you since you're not cishet, but some of the people itt lmao - who thinks two (usually straight) friends can't enjoy being physically close to each other without wanting to fuck. Intimacy & affection aren't inherently sexual & especially when one is in need of comfort that's the last thing on anyone's mind. I'm a super nurturing person & whenever I'm comforting a friend or family member I always feel more like a parent or sibling comforting a loved one than anything else anyway.

But I guess with the amount of cheek & forehead kisses, hugs & cuddles I give both friends & family some boring people would think I'm being a weirdo who's into each & every one of them lmfao. I'm a lesbian, but I guess by their logic a bi or pan person is just not allowed to be affectionate with any of their friends since naturally they'd want to fuck every single one? Jesus Christ, the straights are out of control. Especially the men who think a firm hug or pat on the shoulder is all the affection you should give a friend who needs comfort. I've spent whole days cuddling & caring for loved ones after someone close to them died or their relationship ended. No wonder so many men are so fucking emotionally unavailable & stunted.

this post is healing me

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
On the other hand, I do think it's worth bringing up (even just casually) with Brad. Hell, even if you just mentioned it in a "it was really nice of her to be there for Jack when he was having a hard time." Nothing wrong with highlighting something that could be seen as mature and understanding and, if by chance it was "unsavory" in any way, he'd be aware and could tackle it with her directly.
Yep, this is the play.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, this is pretty antagonizing. The dude is having a normal reaction and thoughts that most people outside ERA would have....

It's not meant to be antagonizing. I've just never found reason not to trust friends unless they give you one. She said she was comforting, so accept that until there's reason not to. Other than that it doesn't really have anything to do with OP.

Deleted member 9207

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No wonder so many men are so fucking emotionally unavailable & stunted.
ODUR0bu.png

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but I'm a very huggy gay man, and there is a world of difference between physical affection and lying in a bed under the covers hugging someone for several hours whilst awake. That's not normal physical affection. They're going to fuck.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I would usually mind my own business, but if they're doing it next to you they're making it very much your business, and if you have any friendly relationship with Brad I would also be very much not okay with it. Probably turn on the lights and stare at them until one of them gets out of the bed.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
One time I stayed over at my friends house after a night of drinking, slept on his couch.

Early in the morning I woke up to his naked girlfriend standing over me, smiling.

She was hot but I wasn't about to fuck with my friends girl, so I rubbed my eyes turned over and went back to sleep.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Maybe brad's gf asked brad if she can cuddle with Jack. In that case, if you ask brad, he will say so.

If you asked earlier you could have cleared this up and cuddled with Brad.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Great post, thanks for that.

Plus if they wanted to cheat why they would do that in front of everyone lol

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
If any of this is even a real life thing that happened, they're in a room with you and in the same house with her boyfriend. If there is anything going on, they don't give half a shit wether you or Brad know.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Yes this is weird (for me at least).
This has not only the potential to destroy the relationship, but also the friendship.

If that would happen, I really hope they will not play with you the "pick a side" game, OP.

But it might be that your two friends and B.'s girlfriend have a strong bond together and trust each other and don't really care about that

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly if a sleepover or house party doesn't end up with everyone cuddling each other in the living room & people telling each other good night & that they love each other a million times before everyone falls asleep I don't want it lmao.

DqXfZc-WsAAOh9l.jpg
Wait. There are parties where everyone just passes out at the end in a big pile? I need photos. Something. This sound too impossible to be true. Or we just talking people finding a spot on the floor to sleep?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I've never had a party where that didn't happen lol.
Where they all slowly concregate in one room and become a mass of people? Like, when you say pile I assume in my head a bunch of people laying on top of each other or like 20 people cramped in a corner asleep.

You sure this wasn't one of those Kickstarter Mass Cuddle sessions?

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I mean I guess I was party to a couple cuddle puddles in my drunk and early 20s. But this one on one stuff, under the covers... Idk maybe I'm just a horny lonely cishet.

Oct 27, 2017
Where they all slowly concregate in one room and become a mass of people? Like, when you say pile I assume in my head a bunch of people laying on top of each other or like 20 people cramped in a corner asleep.

To be fair, usually no one knows what really happened because someone comes in with special Kool'aid to bless and rise to their Lord Zorb The Conqueror.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but I'm a very huggy gay man, and there is a world of difference between physical affection and lying in a bed under the covers hugging someone for several hours whilst awake. That's not normal physical affection. They're going to fuck.
Yeah. Boundaries are not exclusive to hetero relationships. I'm not sure why other posters keep implying that.

OP supposedly knows these people well, so if s/he thinks it's unusual, it probably is.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say most men aren't very good at separating close intimacy like cuddling with sexual arousal. I'm not a woman so I don't know how they're wired.

Even at my lowest point in life, if a random girl got into bed with me and started spooning me or doing the side cuddle thing, there'd be movement downstairs.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017

It's not a planned thing, it just kinda happens.

I have a big U shaped sectional. Last party there were about 10 people sleeping on that, with a bunch others on a pile of blankets in the crook of the U.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Eh the only parties I've been to where friends are sleeping in the same bed were my white friend's parties. But even they stopped that after marriage. Idk.

I'm not risking anything w my wife by cuddling with another woman to make them feel better. I guess I'm boring.

Any updates Meelow ?

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Great post, thanks for that.

Plus if they wanted to cheat why they would do that in front of everyone lol

Aww no, thank you! ; v;

But lmao exactly, you'd think they'd go in a separate room for that? Wouldn't be surprised if they talked about it earlier & the boyfriend simply didn't mind. I dunno, I definitely have trust issues due to some relationships, but even then I wouldn't think twice about something like this if I truly trust my gf. There's a massive difference betwen dry humping etc. & cuddling that some people don't seem to understand haha

LMAO that's honestly what a lot of those men sound like. And then so often it's "I wouldn't be affectionate with my female friends because I'm straight & I don't want them to think I'm into them", but also "I wouldn't be affectionate with my male friends because I'm straight & don't want them to think I'm gay" like.. please for fuck's sake just take some hugs & cuddles, they're so healing.

Wait. There are parties where everyone just passes out at the end in a big pile? I need photos. Something. This sound too impossible to be true. Or we just talking people finding a spot on the floor to sleep?

Yeah!! Obviously this hasn't happened for a while for me due to the pandemic, but I've had quite a few birthday parties of friends where everyone knows each other & is usually friends with each other that ended with us watching some movies cuddling & then kinda just calling it a night at some point haha. It's fucking hell for the one who's house or flat you're in the next morning, but I always really enjoyed it! Just reminds me of sleepovers I used to have with friends & cousins while we were kids. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.