• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Shit. So sorry for your situation. I totally emphasize since my grandma is also losing her battle against liver cancer at home and she's a few sleeps away from finally resting.

The next few months are going to be a bitch OP but hang in there. Hopefully you find some solace in the times you spent with your mom.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
I need some positivity people. Help me.
Ummmm... well that's a tough one, but if it helps any....
If they have her on morphine, she won't feel a damn thing. In fact, she won't even know which planet she's on when she goes.
Morphine is one helluva drug.

Sorry, that may or may not be what you were looking for. It's what I told myself while I was at my mother's death-bed.
Cancer as well.
It's what's killed a lot of my family (in their later years), and it'll probably come for me too one day.

I should really start stockpiling morphine y'know.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry man. I truly do know how hard it is. I lost my mother a bit over 8 years ago and I had to basically see her slowly kill herself for 3 years leading up to it by being drunk basically at all times. Awful, horryifying nights for years and then it was a 3 month stay in the hospital. Me, my brother and my dad were all there when she went. Wounds will heal over time but it will never be an easy task. Know that she loves you and that we're all here for you.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit. So sorry for your situation. I totally emphasize since my grandma is also losing her battle against liver cancer at home and she's a few sleeps away from finally resting.

The next few months are going to be a bitch OP but hang in there. Hopefully you find some solace in the times you spent with your mom.
I m very sorry to hear that. May your grandma be granted a peaceful rest.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry man. I truly do know how hard it is. I lost my mother a bit over 8 years ago and I had to basically see her slowly kill herself for 3 years leading up to it by being drunk basically at all times. Awful, horryifying nights for years and then it was a 3 month stay in the hospital. Me, my brother and my dad were all there when she went. Wounds will heal over time but it will never be an easy task. Know that she loves you and that we're all here for you.
My sincere condolences.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ummmm... well that's a tough one, but if it helps any....
If they have her on morphine, she won't feel a damn thing. In fact, she won't even know which planet she's on when she goes.
Morphine is one helluva drug.

Sorry, that may or may not be what you were looking for. It's what I told myself while I was at my mother's death-bed.
Cancer as well.
It's what's killed a lot of my family (in their later years), and it'll probably come for me too one day.

I should really start stockpiling morphine y'know.
Yeah she's gone on morphine. It helps me I guess.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't cried so much in 11 years. That's when my father died. Palliative care home called me. She has hours to live. Maybe days if we're lucky. Generalized cancer can fuck off. I need some positivity people. Help me.

I'm very very sorry OP, I can't even begin to imagine hearing news like that, especially being so close to my mother. You have my condolences, I wish there some more that I could do. Stay strong.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry. This has me teary eyed, I hope that you can find some solace and I agree, Fuck cancer.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
My condolences to you and yours OP. I've seen you around threads and you've always seemed like a good person, so it sucks to have to see someone suffer like this.

Mar 30, 2019
You have my best wishes. You always came across as a good soul. I'm sorry tragedy is at your feet right now and I hope strength finds you at your weakest. The sadness shows how much depth of caring you have, never forget it.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. Your mom seems like an awesome lady and nothing can ever take that fact away.

Oct 25, 2017
My mom passed away last year. Went from perfectly healthy to dead within 9 months. Didn't really even have time to process things as they were happening. We didn't want to put her in a hospital or facility due to the pandemic so we did in home hospice. It's so heartbreaking and still fucks me up to think about how much she suffered towards the end. Nobody should have to go through that, especially not her. She made so many sacrifices for us and we couldn't do anything for her in the end. I'm sorry for the tough road you have ahead. Wish I could say it gets easier, but it doesn't really. I think about my mom everyday and miss her a lot. Life hasn't been the same without her. Much love and condolences to you and your family brother. Fuck cancer!

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really sorry, OP... :(
Cancer can go fuck itself!

My father recently got a cancer diagnosis, it hasn't really dawned on us yet, because he hasn't developed any symptoms... So I really, really feel for you. He'll be starting his treatment soon.

I can't imagine your pain, but I sincerely hope you'll get through this with time. We're here for you!

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
You have my condolences. I lost my father when I was 17. I'm 32 now. He's still with me though. It will be ok. I'm sorry.

Oct 28, 2017
It sucks beyond belief. I lost my dad to cancer and lost my mom 8 months later. It was one of only a few times in my adult life that I openly wept. I still can't watch the first Thor movie without crying at the credits. Moms was a huge MCU fan.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I read about the situation in your Sims thread, I was hoping the condition would improve. I'm sad to hear this, there's usually nothing like losing your mother.

When my grandmother died I got hit hard, but my mom got the worst of it. They were very close, she spent almost every day with her. Like you mentioned in the Sims thread, games helped calm me down, otherwise I'd just be thinking about her, and start crying again while the wound was fresh.

For me, I tend to think about making sure I appreciate and get my time in with loved ones while I have a chance, because we're all on a timer. It sounds like you did what you could, and you really appreciate her. She'll always live in your memories and the work she leave behind. (General advice, and from my experience) It hurts thinking about it at first, but eventually you will come to smile thinking about things that remind you of someone close to you that you have lost. You'll probably have dreams that you wish you could stay in because it seems so real, but it won't be your only dream so look forward to more, and more life experiences that make you smile because they remind you of the person you were lucky enough to enjoy while they were alive.

It will take time to transition into smiling when you think about her. It'll take time for your wounds to heal. I hate this process, and it makes me sad just thinking about how many more I'll have to go through, but this is life. Get your time in with loved ones and enjoy people while they are here, enjoy them while they're close.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
My mom died of liver cancer 10 yrs. You will hear people around you saying time will heal. It never did for me. After all these years, I still tear up every time I think of her. I still remember sitting in front her casket holding my tear while surrounded by family members. I'm devoting myself as a scientist to fight this fck8ng disease for more than 10 yrs now. I admit we're not even close at finding a cure, but we've gained significant knowledge to find a way to slow it down.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm so sorry. This is really painful and difficult and you're in my thoughts. I lost my mother to cancer over twenty years ago, but I still feel your pain. *hugs*

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry. Stay strong. Try to keep your mind busy with something else.

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure what to say. Its a tough situation but my heart goes out to you and your family. It is never easy to lose someone so close to your heart. Try your best to give her all of your love before she moves on. Much love. ❤️

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
My sincere condolences. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Thanks. I didn't mean to just jump in your thread and dump my story. But it felt good to type some of that out, and hopefully some of that helps you in some way. I truly did find the dying worse than the death, so maybe there's some comfort that you might be in the worst of it now. Needless to say, I know the feeling and you have my sympathy.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lost my mom to cancer in 2015, she didn't even hit 60 and I was 26.

Cancer can fuck right off.

I am so sorry you're going through this, it's not easy.

<3

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I am very sorry. I wish I had anything helpful to say. I have not gone through the experience of losing a parent, and until I do, I think I just can't come at this from a perspective of knowing. I do know that you can get through this. Living and having the best life is the best way to honor your parents.

elseanio

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for what you're going through. It is hard for a long time, 5 years after I lost my mum and it still hits me out of nowhere sometimes.

My mum was 56 and died after a 4 year battle with cancer. Her first grandchild was born a few days after she passed. I remember when we were all by her side in the final moments, she found the energy to ask me if the baby had been born. I always think that's why she thought everyone was there. It was heartbreaking.

Just keep her memory alive as much as you can. Celebrate her birthday, mother's day, think about her on your birthday.

Oct 29, 2017
This is going to be one of the hardest times of your life. Remember and reminisce. Hang in there. Life is ugly and beautiful. You're in my thoughts.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the support guys. Means the world to me right now.