• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Listen OP your getting great recommendations for amazing shows. But I am here to tell you about the bat shit crazy insanity that is Raised by Wolves. It's a fever dream that tops its self every episode. Especially season 2. Who needs plot and consistency and good storytelling when you can just constantly get beat over the head with nonsense. You want answes fuck you more madness.

A legit great show is infinity train.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
It's not even an HBO show, but I will continue to stan for Wrecked until every person on the planet has watched it.

7U9p.gif

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
some classics: Six Feet Under, The Wire, Sopranos
newer stuff: The Leftovers, Watchmen, Chernobyl, Sharp Objects, Succession
comedy: Barry, Curb, Veep, Eastbound & Down

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
A ton of good stuff already mentioned. Don't think I've seen Los Espookys pop up yet.

Also, I remember Generation Kill being worth the watch but like way after Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Oct 28, 2017
The Wire
Sopranos
Deadwood
Oz
Sucession
The Night of
Band of Brothers
The Pacific.
Rome
1st season of True Detective
Righteous Gemstones
Gomorrah -- thank me later.
Banshee
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Superbagman

Nov 3, 2017
Joe Pera Talks With You and How To With John Wilson are both uniquely weird shows worth checking out. And Close Enough is a really funny animated show from the creator of Regular Show. Highly recommend it.

Oct 27, 2017
There's so much good shit on Max. By far the best content out of all the streaming services imo.

I don't think I've seen anyone recommend Banshee or The Knick yet.

All three of Danny McBride's shows are a must watch as well. Eastbound and Down, Vice Principals, and The Righteous Gemstones are all fantastic.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Watch The Warrior so we can get season 3!!

I would recommend Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Wire. Currently watching Whose line is it Anyway (2013 version) and it's good to have on when I'm washing the dishes.

On my own to watch list that I have queued up.

Game of Thrones
Westworld
Peacemaker
Doom
The Suicide Squad
The Sopranos
DMZ
The King's Man
Godzilla vs Kong

I am pretty sure I am missing out on quite a few shows, but I just don't watch too much TV and I just have a long list of shows and movies I need to catch up on.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
There's so much better stuff on there than Peacemaker

All those TCM stuff. Classic HBO series

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I binged on The Righteous Gemstones and Vice Principals via HBO Max these past two months. That's some great dark humor there and made me a Danny McBride fan.

Raised By Wolves is an interesting sci-fi show. Fascinating concept, though I think the execution of what it's trying to do is a bit "meh" sometimes with the religious side of things.

People have already made a bunch of similar suggestions I would have made on other shows. A lot of good content on there.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also going to cosign South Side. Its a pretty fun comedy.

Barry
Hacks
Flight Attendant
Happy Endings
Watchmen
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Veep
Insecure

Can't believe you are the only one to mention VEEP. My all time favorite comedy.

some classics: Six Feet Under, The Wire, Sopranos
newer stuff: The Leftovers, Watchmen, Chernobyl, Sharp Objects, Succession
comedy: Barry, Curb, Veep, Eastbound & Down

And you, you're cool too.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 2 of Succession last night too. What a phenomenal show, good intrigue, sharp humor, absolutely vile cast that you somehow root for and love the music. We're seriously hooked on it.

Hmm.. out of curiosity, do you rank Veep higher than The Thick If It?

Haven't seen it, guess I have a new show to watch!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Sopranos
Fringe
Veep
Succession
Chernobyl
Raised by Wolves
Winning Time Story of the Lakers Dynasty (new)
How To With John WIlson
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Happy Endings (yes, its on HBO Max!)
The Flight Attendant
The Wire

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wow, lots of great suggestions. I'm seeing a lot of Succession, Doom Patrol, Barry, Watchmen (I always have a soft spot for Regina King), & Chernobyl. Not to mention movies I've been needing to watch like Dune or interesting recommendations like Black Lady Sketch Show. And of course, can't forget the TMC classics that have been recommended.

Last edited:

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Watch Mare of Easttown. Limited series with 7 or 8 episodes. You will be hooked.

For longer running shows, definitely recommend Curb Your Enthusiasm and Succession as well.