• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I don't think anyone knows for sure but I assumed that this would be produced under the Marvel/Disney banner rather than Fox.

Now that Emma Watts has gone I'm not sure that there's going to be that much of Fox left in the next five year or so.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
So blade is a movie about vampires and vampires are synonymous with blood and Marvel/Disney are making it with a PG-13 rating that doesn't, usually, show blood and you need quite a bit of it in a movie...about vampires.

I still can't get over the "blood" part and why make a film, about vampires, and not showing any blood.

Than why make the movie? Still it hasn't been said that it's PG-13 and yet they haven't said it would be R rated either.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Did people forget that Iger and Feige both said Deadpool 3 would be R? Why wouldn't Blade?

IMO, It'll be pretty easy for Deadpool to exist on its own while being able to make reference to the greater MCU narratives, but not the other way around (i.e. Deadpool may reference the avengers, but he won't ever appear in any of the films) Blade on the otherhand will likely be a major player in the next Avengers style teamup thus making him important to cater to a more family friendly audience for marketing purposes.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Disney+ had to send out a survey asking people "Whoa this is gonna sound crazy but do you know that R-rated movies exist? What if we had some of those on here...? Haha just joking... or am I?"

It wont be R-rated

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Prepare for disappointment. To be fair apart from the first scene and some swearing there's not much that makes the original Blade R rated. Vampires turn into dust. You could still keep the line some motherfuckers are always trying to Ice skate uphill with PG-13. I think Blade will be fine under the right direction 😊
I was thinking the same. The first blade could have easily passed for PG 13. I still can't get over how stupid that cg blood blob looked at the end.

The second one - the best one - otoh was definitely R. So based on that comparison I'd prefer an R rated blade movie.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
A Disney movie being R ?
*Shakes 8 ball* Don't count on it.
37827.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's adorable that people believe Deadpool is going to stay R rated.

It's definitely happening. We might get two cuts of the movie like the last one, but R-rated movies are selling better than ever and matching the box office of movies with much lower ratings.

There isn't that fear any more that R rated movies won't make as much money.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really hope they expand the MCU with some more adult rated movies going forward, now the Infinity Saga is over.

Blade needs to be R to really do the character justice, plus they can add in Deadpool then.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Disney+ had to send out a survey asking people "Whoa this is gonna sound crazy but do you know that R-rated movies exist? What if we had some of those on here...? Haha just joking... or am I?"

It wont be R-rated
I feel like that with the Coronavirus, and Disney shutting down productions, market conditions will force them to put R rated movies on to the service. I subscrived to the service for 49GBP cause it launched in the UK... but other than The Simpsons and a couple of old cartoons there's nothing for me. The catalogue feels really lacking, especially since they own the Fox IPs. I would happily pay an extra 10GBP or even one quid just to get all the Alien movies, Predator movies, and some other stuff. No idea why Disney thinks there should be no R rated stuff there . I get that there is Hulu and FX for the US, but for international markets I feel most people will just stick to Netflix or Amazon.