• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BBC link: Maroon 5 criticised for 'reluctant' festival performance in Chile

capturadepantall-9ab3cae17966d887f23ddf9c52a55ee6-1200x600.jpg

This was the mood of the show. There are reports of him telling other artists in the venue and the technical crew from the festival to "not look him in the face", he also threw a bottle of water to someone from the set.

This was his attire for the fest:

adam-levine-en-vina-2020_293099_2_5e58ff9e28449.jpg

Guy had 0 energy in the show, didn't address the crowd at all and said 0 words about Chile or anything. This was the most blatant paycheck concert ever, dude gave 0 fucks about it. He's also on camera throwing a tantrum while leaving the venue.

Seriously, worst trash i've ever seen on a stage.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
He's always seemed like quite the douche. Not surprised at all.

OP
OP
NHarmonic.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sont want to destroy your illusion, but ever concert of bigger bands are paycheck concerts

We've had Elton John among others in this festival before, they at least address the crowd in some way. This dude didn't talk, like at all. Only sung a bit, with 0 energy. Damn we had Ricky Martin on the first night and the dude was incredible, Maroon 5 was shit.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
We've had Elton John among others in this festival before, they at least address the crowd in some way. This dude didn't talk, like at all. Only sung a bit, with 0 energy. Damn we had Ricky Martin on the first night and the dude was incredible, Maroon 5 was shit.

"Oh hi, its such an honor to play here in the best country in the world with the best crowd" You mean addresses like this?

OP
OP
NHarmonic.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Oh hi, its such an honor to play here in the best country in the world with the best crowd" You mean addresses like this?

Anything at this point. Throw a joke or something, make it less obvious that you don't give a fuck. You know these people paid to see you and hear your music live. I'm no fan of them but come on, it's like a minimum of decorum or courtesy

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

-That was the end of the show, no way -That was a TV show, who was an hour long, that was not a concert -That was a testing concert, you know how it is -No, no if you wanted to see it live..........on the concert, but not on this shit.

Oct 30, 2017
This band has taken its toll on me
I've sang this song
Too many times befo-o-o-re
The crowds heart is breaking in front of me
But we have new merch and I won't say goodbye anymore, woah, woah, woah

OP
OP
NHarmonic.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's the weakest critique here. Rock stars have been wearing slop and rags for decades now. Why should I care he's wearing some beat up shirt. The total disinterest is the issue here IMO and is enough to shit on him for, so its also just unnecessary.

Rock stars, making a reference to Adam Levine. Lmao.

Man is petty and didn't give a shit, and it reflects on everything regarding this concert. Even his attire. Again, compared to Ricky on Sunday or Mon Laferte on monday, this "band" is the worst trash.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

-That was the end of the show, no way -That was a TV show, who was an hour long, that was not a concert -That was a testing concert, you know how it is -No, no if you wanted to see it live..........on the concert, but not on this shit.

What does this even mean? So was he upset because there were too many cameras? Or was he upset because he felt like their set time was too short for a band of their stature?

OP
OP
NHarmonic.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does this even mean? So what he upset because there were too many cameras? Or was he upset because he felt like their set time was too short for a band of their stature?

Theory is that the manager didn't inform the band that this festival is broadcasted on TV to latinoamerica, so he started the tantrum even before getting on stage. That would explain the crappy quality (apparently, lmao).

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've always enjoyed Maroon 5's music (don't judge me), but as I watched Adam on the Voice (don't judge me), it became pretty obvious over time that he's not the best... human being.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
He's a 40 year old with that haircut. Everything that comes after are just pieces falling into place

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I saw Adam Levine at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I saw Adam Levine at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Should always be the first reply.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
its on the bbc:
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51675873

he was filmed leaving saying "fuckin city".
There was no immediate explanation for Levine's uncharacteristically low-key performance, although it seems possible there were technical issues affecting his ability to hear the music. Although he was rarely off-key, his vocals sometimes seemed hesitant or timid, particularly during the early parts of the show.

Things improved as the show continued, particularly during the 2004 song Sunday Morning, which sprang to life with a spirited solo from guitarist James Valentine.

Videos from inside the Quinta Vergara arena also suggest the 15,000-strong audience had a better time than those watching at home.

Known colloquially as "El Monstruo" (The Monster) for their ability to decide a performer's fate, the crowd sang along enthusiastically to hits like Payphone and Moves Like Jagger; and screamed in appreciation when Levine pulled a Chilean flag from his pocket during Makes Me Wonder.

The BBC had contacted Maroon 5 for a comment on the show.

The start the 2020 Vina festival was marred by violent clashes between police and anti-government protesters; with masked demonstrators attacking shops and the O'Higgins Hotel, where many of the artists are staying.

Although the red carpet opening ceremony was scrapped, the concerts have gone ahead amidst tightened security; with Ricky Martin and Pablo Alborán among the headliners earlier in the week.
Was OP at the show or watching online?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

I can't wait until we start taxing people like this more harshly. Extra tax for shitty rich personality

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Why would it be cool to meet Adam Levine?
It's an awful 4chan copy paste meme that people use over and over and insert random celebrity at the beginning. I usually see Ryan Gosling as the person. Apparently other people don't know about it because they are reacting to it seriously. Yikes.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
Starting a sentence "Maroon 5" and then describing a shitty performance feels a bit redundant to me.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Was OP at the show or watching online?
it was live on tv so maybe he watched it there. the comments on that bbc article dont match twitter opinions from people that were at the show. everyone is trashing them and #adamlevin is trending number one in chile (yes, levin not levine, thats a joke on itself).

Oct 27, 2017
No entiendo la rabia del weón. ¿Por qué le molesta tanto que sea un "programa de TV" (que en estricto rigor, no es) v/s a que sea un concierto? Es un festival y el weón no se dio ni la paja de buscar de qué se trataba. Personalmente, me importa diez picos este weón. Pero no podis ser más barsa.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really don't understand all the hate Adam Levine is getting ITT. I actually met Adam Levine about 6-7 days ago. I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my sister got her hair done. So there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece, and who walks in but Adam Levine himself.

I was nervous as shit, and just kept looking at him but was too scared to say anything to him. Pretty soon my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Adam Levine, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asked what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So Adam Levine put down his phone, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of the hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I like their songs but yeah, Adam never really seemed like a person you'd want to meet as a fan.
Edit: Man I need to watch the Jamiroquai concert, I'm sure they were much better sports.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

I still laugh everytime this is posted.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Anything at this point. Throw a joke or something, make it less obvious that you don't give a fuck. You know these people paid to see you and hear your music live. I'm no fan of them but come on, it's like a minimum of decorum or courtesy

Does pulling a Chilean flag from his pocket during the concert count?