• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From the New York Times (Pay Walled): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/us/politics/trump-mark-meadows-chief-of-staff.html

merlin_170483733_321d5a12-4e09-4d05-8caf-8f475dccd3a1-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

But administration officials say he has been overwhelmed at times by a permanent culture at the White House that revolves around the president's moods, his desire to present a veneer of strength and his need for a sense of control. It is why, no matter who serves as chief of staff, the lack of formal processes and the constant infighting are unavoidable facts of life for those working for Mr. Trump.
In the case of Mr. Meadows, it has not helped him with his White House colleagues that the former North Carolina congressman, who has a reputation for showing his emotions, cried while meeting with members of the White House staff on at least two occasions. One instance was in the presence of a young West Wing aide; another time was with the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Mr. Trump is said to have faith in Mr. Meadows and is sometimes responsive to his suggestions. Unlike the president's history with his three previous chiefs of staff, the two had a personal relationship before Mr. Meadows resigned from Congress to take the job in the White House. But administration officials said that Mr. Trump sees emotion as a sign of weakness.

At the same time, his grip on the White House is hardly tight. Mr. Meadows was caught off guard when the press office on Tuesday night blasted out a lengthy list of people who had been selected to be part of one of the groups advising Mr. Trump on reopening the country, according to two people briefed on the matter. That had happened at the direction of Mr. Kushner, who has played a leading role in the White House's response to the virus, according to the people with knowledge of what took place.

The list turned into something of a debacle on Wednesday, with one corporate executive after another telling reporters they had learned they were on it when their names were announced. Some said they had never agreed to be a part of the effort.

Even Mr. Meadows's allies have described him as reeling from the reality that working for the president is different from being Mr. Trump's phone confidant.

"So far, Mark has been able to get along with people even when he strongly disagrees with them," Representative Peter T. King, Republican of New York, said of Mr. Meadows's lengthy career. He declined to elaborate on how that might work now.
"I can see why the president and his staff would be very drawn to Mark Meadows," Mr. Raskin said. "My worry for Mark is that the president is drawn to him as a person of quality, but now that he has him, he may just chew him up and spit him out the way he has done with so many people he has brought in to work for him."

So betting pool as to when the knife in the back comes?

DC072617A.jpg

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really didn't take long for the knives to come out this time

We even got a "Mr. Trump is said to have faith in Mr. Meadows" death knell

edit: oh, and look another "that fuckup was Kushner's fault" bit -- we're really getting all the greatest hits in this one

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I actually found that very human, and I was impressed by him. Then I read his Wiki entry and his stances on political positions...ouch.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Gaetz takes a shot at CoS, gets stabbed in the face yet keep sucking 45 dick when.

OP
OP
NTGYK

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can honestly just imagine Meadows begin crying in front of Kushner and Kushner just vacantly staring in disgust

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Meadows ought to be ashamed of showing emotion; that's a commendable thing. I think Meadows ought to be ashamed of having reprehensible politics.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He's just a garden variety shitty person. He's not a pure sociopath so they will be appalled at his emotion.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I don't think Meadows ought to be ashamed of showing emotion; that's a commendable thing. I think Meadows ought to be ashamed of having reprehensible politics.
The lesson of the day here. It goes to show even the most reprehensive people can't hope to to satisfy Agent Orange for long.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Hahahaha get fucked Mark. What kind of dumb ass do you have to be to join that shit show?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Kushner announcing a list of CEOs, most of whom hadn't signed up for the endeavour he was announcing, is so classic Trump admin. It's why being CoS is useless (Kushner, Ivanka, and others get to do whatever they want), and why being press secretary is thankless (they will send you to the podium with bad info, every time).

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Captain Obvious statement, but Trump is obviously emotionally disturbed. His father really did a number on him.