• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
On the lead up to EVERYTHING video game related why does the internet always hype up stuff to be more than the sum of its parts and it always ends up being disappointing. Particularly this forum is bad on this. Happens. Every. Time.

None of the stuff they announced was anything special or mind blowing or stuff we didn't know about already.. It wasn't much like the leaks either. All those rumours of stuff like Metroid Prime never even happened and the internet and this forum got hyped for it wasting everyone's time posting and speculating about nothing and making it more than the sum of its parts.

Other games stuff known or years away or just small indie stuff which can be cool but it hardly makes me get excited about it.

Like why does this forum always do this? It hypes stuff up like these Game awards and then it becomes a massive disappointment. Same thing happens with E3 and game releases like Red Dead 2 and anything else. It's good but not that good?

I dunno maybe I'm just being cynical and jaded with these kinds of things as I get older but it's hard not to get hyped into it when you see all sorts of rumours and leaks around the internet that either never happen or aren't even that big to begin with.

Do I really care about another Mortal Kombat? Or a inferior Mario Kart clone or a game 5 years away? We are making a sequel to a game but it's 5 years away. Yes you could probably apply that to any recent game series but for some reason it becomes pages and pages of news where really there's nothing to talk about.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This can be discussed in The Game Awards OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.