• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
Sonya Blade yells "Booker T" when she shoots her energy blast in one of the MK games between MK2 & MK4. Can't remember which one, though. but because of her, I yell "Booker T" constantly.

edit: Found a video, it's MK4!

I prefer Jaks ending since we get to see more of Jared.

Also, I always swore that Chun li in SF2 said King Kong Kick when she did her upside down twirl kick.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Maybe it isn't misheard but the death sounds in smash 64 sound like the announcer taking a shit and it kills me every time. Please Nintendo, let me buy this game again on my switch.

Jun 7, 2018
Even though I know full well it's wrong, to me he's 100% saying "I'm the miracle ball"
As a kid, I genuinely thought the ball was talking, and wouldn't have believed anyone if they'd told me it was "find" and not "I'm".

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mario's voice actor actually claims that it is "So long kinga Bowser!" Which is weird, because while people hear the line in many different ways, almost nobody hears a hard "K" sound in it. I guess if the voice actor is exaggerating enough and the player is listening to a low-bitrate voice sample, the K in "king" can kinda sound like a "G".

www.gaystarnews.com

'So long gay Bowser!' Voice of Mario finally clarifies 23 year-old secret

Charles Martinet voices Mario and took to Twitter to clarify something Nintendo fans have been wondering for almost 23 years.

There is this thing called a 'lie'. I'm surprised that you haven't heard of it.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Xenogears Knight of Fire has a weird sample in it:

A lot of people hear something about a gas chamber. I made a thread about it last year, long story short it's a sample from Cristian Brando's sentencing for manslaughter ("total sentence imposed is 10 years").

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
"Mystic powers, threaten the puritans!" - MOMO, Xenosaga Ep 1

She really says "Mystic powers, grant me a miracle"

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Persona 4 - Your Affection, there's a point (about 50 seconds in) I heard:

"You're Asian, You're Asian, Into the coffee drink."

Listening to it now... No way, Maybe something was wrong with my speakers at the time.

funroll-loops

Oct 29, 2017
When the first Tony Hawk came out I thought this guy was singing "Die you psycho fish heads", but he's actually screaming something like "I got cyco vision". I didn't realize how wrong I got it until the rerelease came out and I saw the name of the song. The n64 compression probably didn't help.

Also when Venusaur(?) pops out of the door in Smash Brothers me and my brother both thought he was saying "hail the tsar". I don't know why he'd say that but it definitely doesn't sound like he's saying "Venusaur".

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this counts because there's no lyrics, but:

For my entire life since this game came out, I keep humming the beginning loop of this song as:

"Constantinople, Argentina....Constantinople, Argentina...."

To this day I can't get that out of my head.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Persona 4 - Your Affection, there's a point (about 50 seconds in) I heard:

"You're Asian, You're Asian, Into the coffee drink."

Listening to it now... No way, Maybe something was wrong with my speakers at the time.

I always heard, "Your Erection, Your Erection, Past Will Tell you to make yourself a hero!"

Nov 2, 2018

It's a shameful thing, lobster head
A careless man who could wind up dead
You wear you sin like it's some kinda prize
Too many limes, too many limes

Ohhh ohhh these worms R-Truth and I'll make you belly

and you wear your car as well
And I will see you ride it straight to hell

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
"That was too close, you were almost a jibble sandwich."

There is this thing called a 'lie'. I'm surprised that you haven't heard of it.
You could very possibly be joking, but it is hard to tell sometimes without the /s. I always found this line of thinking pretty silly. What is more likely; that Nintendo, a company who heavily censored and played it super safe at the time, left a line with the word "gay" in the game and then decades later attempted to bury it including ordering the voice actor to lie about it. Or that the man who was actually there, read the script, and likely recorded multiple takes of the line is telling the truth and that his own attempts at an early Mario accent along with possible compression resulted in a misheard piece of dialogue?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You could very possibly be joking, but it is hard to tell sometimes without the /s. I always found this line of thinking pretty silly. What is more likely; that Nintendo, a company who heavily censored and played it super safe at the time, left a line with the word "gay" in the game and then decades later attempted to bury it including ordering the voice actor to lie about it. Or that the man who was actually there, read the script, and likely recorded multiple takes of the line is telling the truth and that his own attempts at an early Mario accent along with possible compression resulted in a misheard piece of dialogue?

Not joking even a little bit.
It's clear as day that his awful attempt at an accent is turning "So long, Bowser." into... that.
His version of events is simply ludicrous. "Kinga Bowser" my ass.

Jun 7, 2018
I don't know if this counts because there's no lyrics, but:

For my entire life since this game came out, I keep humming the beginning loop of this song as:

"Constantinople, Argentina....Constantinople, Argentina...."

To this day I can't get that out of my head.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

"My name is Yoshi.
This is my island."

MajinDJX

Nov 5, 2017
Tiger Robocop is pretty classic! What sort of products are sold under the Tiger Robocop brand name?
Right now, it's not products... but it's a dance club named on Tiger Robocop (that does a lot of 90's themed nights). But I think we had an fgc tournament some years ago that had this name too haha

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Remember when Nintendo released that MK trailer where Bowser just says the N word? I'm amazed the trailer is still up.

Apr 19, 2018
Back in the day, my untrained Japanese ears always opined that Battle Arena Toshinden 2's Eiji was saying "Eat chili!" during his win pose:

At 2:35:

MoxManiac

Nov 17, 2017
In the SF3 series, Urien says "Destroy!" when he does his violence knee drop, but it always sounded like "Death Groin!" to me.