• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Can't Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern all time travel at will?

Out of those, only Flash can (without assistance), at least in the modern interpretation of the characters. In older comics (and a movie in Superman's case), both Superman and Green Lantern used to be able to do it too though and sometimes they still do it although with some kind of plot device.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Completely forgot about Starbrand - that dude is nuts,

Also, Sentry -that guy has the power of a billion exploding suns or some shit?

Marvel heroes are no slouch.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
as a big dc fans those that brush off dc as everyone being op have no idea what their talking about. the fight would be really close, all those insane feats are pretty much no where near normal or standard for any characters and marvel does the same thing with captain marvel, thor, Jesus cable all having abnormal power levels at different times.

Also all the superman haters claiming nothing can kill him realize when he died he was beaten to death right? he's not indestructible.

I swear its usually "supermans op and boring" proceeds to list silver age or one off feats. I wouldn't mention cable being op because he levitate an island with his mind while fighting and breaking silver surfers board, because thats the exception. like the flash auto second bs.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
if it's Strange vs Superman, the latter loses everytime

We know how Strange vs Deadpool ended, so I don't think JL or even Superman has anything to worry about.
latest

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
So, hypothetically, what if we came up with the most absolutely busted rosters for each squad and ran it like that?

In this case, it would be:
Avengers:
Strange
Photon
Sentry
Blue Marvel
Singularity
Miss America Chavez
Starbrand
Thor

Justice League:
Superman
Flash
Phantom Stranger
Plastic Man
Martian Manhunter
Dr. Fate
The Ray
Swamp Thing

In this case, I'm making a pretty strong case for the Justice League. Phantom Stranger, by himself, could handle most of the Avengers heaviest. Not to mention that you have two beings that are virtually unkillable in Plastic Man and Swamp Thing.

Thoughts?
If you want busted, you need Spectrum on the Avengers. If you want to get cheap, she can just suck Superman dry and render him powerless.

Or just hijack his body, amp it with her limitless energy manipulation, and then heat vision the fuck out of the JLA.

Shit, she'd probably absorb Ray at the same time.

And she can do this to magic, too.

Monica is OP.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot about Starbrand - that dude is nuts,

Also, Sentry -that guy has the power of a billion exploding suns or some shit?

Marvel heroes are no slouch.

Sentry NOW is in full control of himself. Yes that guy that tore his own head off to prove a point is now stable. My guy can manipulate molecules that would make Dr. Manhattan jealous.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
That panel of Sentey ripping his head open and then talking to people as a brain with floating eyes is always equal parts hilarious and awesome in my brain.

Dudes a freak lol

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Superman alone could destroy them, it just becomes even more one sided once the other justice league heavy hitters join.

Thats how DC is built though, their characters are like gods.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not Superman then it is The Flash. As a whole, the Justice League would absolutely destroy The Avengers.

if we are talking aboutnon meta humans then batman vs iron man would be an interesting comparison.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers win when they use their combined knowledge to get metaphysical and force the Justice League's existence to retcon and reboot.

The Crisis Initiative

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
All talk about Sups where Flash alone can do the job. That guy is broken.

People love sleeping on Wonder Woman. Who is in many respects more dangerous then Superman. Also people tend to forget that for all intents and purposes, Wonder Woman is a speedster herself. Although most her writers as of late tend to nerf her speed because she so fucking broken as is.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
(Iron Man or Spider-Man)/Hulk/Thor beat Bruce/Clark/Diana

I feel like Batman could totally take Iron Man unless IM gets him totally by surprise. Spidey... maybe not. Batman usually has a lot of tech jammer type of shit on him.

Supes and WW could totally win against Hulk/Thor. It's hard with Thor/WW since they're basically gods so their power levels are based on plot needs.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superman would easily win for team DC but I feel like the rest of DC's squad would get handled by the avengers pretty handily.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Batman could totally take Iron Man unless IM gets him totally by surprise. Spidey... maybe not. Batman usually has a lot of tech jammer type of shit on him.

Supes and WW could totally win against Hulk/Thor. It's hard with Thor/WW since they're basically gods so their power levels are based on plot needs.
Bruce isn't half the engineer that Tony is. "Tech jammers" aren't going to do shit to the Iron Man armor from 4 revisions ago let alone the current model. Bruce is always about 10-15 years ahead of current tech, Tony is working with far future shit. He routinely outdoes the tech from advanced alien cultures.

Supes has beaten Thor, but it took a while and took a hell of a lot out of him. Diana isn't getting through him without taking off the bands. And even then it's still going to take time.

Clark alone isn't putting Hulk down. Hulk's not going to beat him, but he's not going to get dropped by Clark before the other two matches finish up. The same is true of Diana. This is because Hulk's strength being tied to his anger means he scales to the opponent.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
If you want busted, you need Spectrum on the Avengers. If you want to get cheap, she can just suck Superman dry and render him powerless.

Or just hijack his body, amp it with her limitless energy manipulation, and then heat vision the fuck out of the JLA.

Shit, she'd probably absorb Ray at the same time.

And she can do this to magic, too.

Monica is OP.
That's Photon buddy. Same Monica.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Superman is only debatable physical stronger than Thor but Mjolnir has a ton of silly one off powers than Thor can bring to the table

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Bruce isn't half the engineer that Tony is. "Tech jammers" aren't going to do shit to the Iron Man armor from 4 revisions ago let alone the current model. Bruce is always about 10-15 years ahead of current tech, Tony is working with far future shit. He routinely outdoes the tech from advanced alien cultures.

Supes has beaten Thor, but it took a while and took a hell of a lot out of him. Diana isn't getting through him without taking off the bands. And even then it's still going to take time.

Clark alone isn't putting Hulk down. Hulk's not going to beat him, but he's not going to get dropped by Clark before the other two matches finish up. The same is true of Diana. This is because Hulk's strength being tied to his anger means he scales to the opponent.

MCU movies honestly ruined Hulk power levels for many. They don't realize how much of a beast the character is because he got jobbed by Tony, Thor, and Thanos.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The only formidable opponents would be Supes, WW, and GL.

Franklin Richards would kindly drop them off in a pocket dimension and Dr. Strange would give them some space gods to deal with for all eternity...

CelticKennedy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 18, 2019
School yard semantics. Superman is the kid that just one-ups all the other kids by saying "oh yeah, well my power is plus infinity!"

...nobody really likes to play with that kid. Lol.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Depends on the lineup of each.

DC characters in general are overpowered , that's why I find them boring.
People still saying this in 2020?

Characters like Thor, Hulk, and Captain Marvel are every bit as stupidly powerful as Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. Yall be acting like the Marvel universe only has Captain America and Daredevil level characters. lol

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the lineup of each.

People still saying this in 2020?

Characters like Thor, Hulk, and Captain Marvel are every bit as stupidly powerful as Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. Yall be acting like the Marvel universe only has Captain America and Daredevil level characters. lol
Exactly. I mean you can go back and find Thor doing just as much dumb shit as Superman has.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Exactly. I mean you can go back and find Thor doing just as much dumb shit as Superman has.
Plus, let's keep it a buck: modern Superman kind of sucks. The constant complaints about him being too powerful/op/boring/whatever have led to a situation where Superman is constantly written to fail. Every other week, he's either getting knocked on his ass, turned evil, or killed. Outside of his own books, he basically never gets to be the big hero of the story anymore.

Nowadays, Thor would body Superman only to be taken out by Batman exploiting some weird weakness or technology like 2 pages later.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
dEpenDs How lOnG BatMAn HAs tO PrepAre

For real though, it depends who is writing the heroes and their respective formations. Sometimes Superman is an all powerful God who can destroy the universe, other times he has weaknesses and meets foes that test his mettle. Same with Thor, and basically all the other heroes.