• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Did I just watch volcano lightning? Volcano lightning is a thing? So right, so far this year: floods, a plague, tornadoes, earthquakes, and now volcanoes. What's next? An asteroid?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
We call it the "Anak Krakatao" or the Krakatoa's Child, because the real Krakatoa was destroyed some hundreds of years ago and it was a major disaster.

Anyway, the current Krakatoa erupts every now and then, so it's nothing really special.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Came here to find this.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
So is 2020 the year the planet just says "fuck it, i'm sick of your bullshit" and tries to kill us all? Because it certainly feels that way.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

I've never seen this until now. Absolutely terrifying.

Wow...that is terrifying especially for me since I dont know how to swim so the thought of something like this happening would be horrible.

Fucking 2020.

2020: "You ain't seen shit yet"

Edit:

Beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

Amazing how far humanity/technology had come for us to be able to see something like this.

There's no one near by right? Hopefully no one is affected by this....like what happened last year in Hawaii.

Nov 1, 2017
Did I just watch volcano lightning? Volcano lightning is a thing? So right, so far this year: floods, a plague, tornadoes, earthquakes, and now volcanoes. What's next? An asteroid?

Locusts Swarm!

Now the second wave of the voracious insects, some 20 times the size of the first, is arriving. Billions of the young desert locusts are winging in from breeding grounds in Somalia in search of fresh vegetation springing up with seasonal rains.

www.scmp.com

Swarm of billions of locusts threatens millions in Africa

Swarm, some 20 times the size of an outbreak last year, is bearing down on vulnerable population centres.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Deadly virus, locusts, volcanic eruption... Seems like Earth is fed up with ourselves already.

It has probably summoned Meteor too for next month.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking 2020.

2020: "You ain't seen shit yet"

Edit:

fwiw that's the 2018 eruption at the start of this video. it does have a shitty webcam video of the current eruption at the 3:00 mark.

Fortunately not on that scale, as mentioned above it collapsed a good chunk of itself a couple years back. That said, still something to be wary of in the coming days in the archipelago, given said previous case set off a tsunami
the collapse is what triggered the tsunami. I'm guessing the tsunami risk of this one is low since there's not much volcano left

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2020 has been a wet dream for accelerationists and end of the world cult members