• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For one, in many ways Malcolm had more influence/follower-ship than politicians.

Two, again I don't know what this policy on segregation that you refer to is but yes I do generally believe that Biden's heart is in the right place. I don't give a fuck about you calling me naive. Alot of people here weren't even thought of in the 70s and 80s and couldn't even begin to describe the rationale of black men and women in those eras. But have everything to say and criticize.
LOL I'm talking about policy not likability, see this is my problem with you culture warriors. The policy really doesn't mean much to you, its more about what is in the hearts and minds of people that you think enacts change. No its always policy, whites have been just as racist as they were in the 60s but policy has made it so its not acceptable to do what they used to do. They didn't have a change of heart en masse like you may think. So you may be an old person but a naive old person

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally a tweet for everything

sometimes, shutting up and Reading the room is the best course of action.

im not calling you names because you're defending him, alone. That's not it. I'm calling you names because you don't understand why the rest of us don't wanna hear you say shit to defend him. Copping pleas for this geriatric white man who if he saw you on the street wouldn't know you from LenardThaGod his damn self. It's embarrassing. And that's why you in the house.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

im not calling you names because you're defending him, alone. That's not it. I'm calling you names because you don't understand why the rest of us don't wanna hear you say shit to defend him. Copping pleas for this geriatric white man who if he saw you on the street wouldn't know you from LenardThaGod his damn self. It's embarrassing. And that's why you in the house.
"Please vote for my master, he only calls you a coon not like the other master who uses his whip" its embarrassing

Materia Man

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
LOL I'm talking about policy not likability, see this is my problem with you culture warriors. The policy really doesn't mean much to you, its more about what is in the hearts and minds of people that you think enacts change. No its always policy, whites have been just as racist as they were in the 60s but policy has made it so its not acceptable to do what they used to do. They didn't have a change of heart en masse like you may think. So you may be an old person but a naive old person

Its a mix and I don't think people by large have had changes of heart. We're as racially divided as ever. Policy changes without changes of heart gets you America today post civil rights act. You can't legislate racism out of existance.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Can y'all just pick Bernie now?
Of course not, Joe is the most electable(or something), shifted the primaries by a tactical maneuver of the establishment, It's not like there is a way we could challenge this at the convention(there is). Guys, we just need to support him because my pundit brain keeps telling me all the same wrong shit election after election and how could it ever be wrong? Except every time it is

Materia Man

Banned
Apr 29, 2020

The ironic part about this statement is that my generation of "house negros" have shed more blood and got more progress than your generation of Twitter crying field babies could dream about but cool whatever.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is this? This is another problem, alot of you have no context of history likely because you are too young and just spout off new aged "gotchas" that don't jive with people's thinking in the actual moment. Being "segregationist" isn't a white/racist exclusive position. Hell one of Malcolm X's main proposals to end racial inequality was based on segregation but again you would have to know about Malcom X to know that.
Seriously invoking Malcom X to defend Biden? You realize Malcom X would've fucking hated this man, right?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Apparently he also says at the 10:18 mark that everybody in jail can't read...

Like given that the majority of prisoners are likely illiterate I can see myself getting to a frustrated-enough point in an argument that I would eventually be shouting shit like "BECAUSE. THEY. CAN'T. READ." but by God is it unsettling to see him opening his discussion in such an un-nuanced way, especially under the pretense that he's talking to the communities that the prison populations are taken from!

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Of course not, Joe is the most electable(or something), shifted the primaries by a tactical maneuver of the establishment, It's not like there is a way we could challenge this at the convention(there is). Guys, we just need to support him because my pundit brain keeps telling me all the same wrong shit election after election and how could it ever be wrong? Except every time it is
Who is going to challenge him? Everyone has dropped out of the race and endorsed him.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the pendulum would swing back from having the first black president. I didn't think I'd be 40 best case scenario before it started moving forward again.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Well he is a major reason why so many people (particularly black people) are in prison in this country so his abject disdain for the rights of the incarcerated is unsurprising.
Apparently he's actually arguing for making the justice system rehabilitation-based instead of retribution-based, it's just - in clear Joe fashion - he decides to express it in the worst way imaginable.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Blame most Americans for either voting for Biden as the nominee or being too lazy to vote for Bernie. The DNC didn't pick Biden.
It's worse than that. Most Democrats engage, election after election, in this contorted pundit brain bull shit that prioritizes appealing to this imaginary caricature of the average voter, and then when they all collectively buy into their bullshit just enough in a primary, they use that as proof of concept.

Then the General happens and suddenly none of them can grasp why it is Kerry/Clinton/Biden are such terrible fucking nominees.

They lack the charisma and/or a sect of core voter support to weather attacks, and the opposition is able to capitalize on their weakness and lack of charisma to depress the one sect of voters that matter, which is their base enthusiasm and moderates.
So then all the Republicans have to do is show up and get their base fired up.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's ridiculous to think there's any proper comparison between Malcolm X's views on black nationalism (which began to change after his trip to Mecca anyway) and Joe Biden cozying up to white supremacists back in the day.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The ironic part about this statement is that my generation of "house negros" have shed more blood and got more progress than your generation of Twitter crying field babies could dream about but cool whatever.
Look, you do realize you do not have to defend this comment, right? Like you can be fine voting for Biden despite this comment, it can not matter that much to you, but you do not HAVE TO try and defend the indefensible.

Oct 27, 2017
This guy is going to fuck it up. "Oh no one will ever vote for Bernie!"... yeah Bernie's not looking so bad right now huh? Just wait till the real electioneering starts and they start flinging real shit at Biden. He's fucked. He won't be up to it. This is just the beginning. Prepare for Emperor Trump.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get the fuck out of my face telling me I'm evil for just not voting for this man. Jesus Christ.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently he's actually arguing for making the justice system rehabilitation-based instead of retribution-based, it's just - in clear Joe fashion - he decides to express it in the worst way imaginable.
I'm not sure he actually believes in that but if he does and he actually takes steps to make our system rehabilitative then good. I hope to see it, not counting on it though.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
It's ridiculous to think there's any proper comparison between Malcolm X's views on black nationalism (which began to change after his trip to Mecca anyway) and Joe Biden cozying up to white supremacists back in the day.
This. Malcolm X and the Black Panther's initial views on segregation were rooted and based on lived experiences of black people and their interactions with a largely-hostile white populace, not on the value system that led to the systems of oppression that created both those experiences and the hostile white populace, or even the explicitly xenophobic views that seem to be increasingly common from the #FBA crowd. Very much night and day.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this on twitter.

What a dickhead.

Seriously.. this guy is the best you have against Trump?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This guy is going to fuck it up. "Oh no one will ever vote for Bernie!"... yeah Bernie's not looking so bad right now huh? Just wait till the real electioneering starts and they start flinging real shit at Biden. He's fucked. He won't be up to it. This is just the beginning. Prepare for Emperor Trump.
We had a fucking primary. I caucused for Bernie and he won in my state.

Bernie dropped out and endorsed Biden in April.

More people needed to vote for Bernie when it mattered. Right now, he's out of the race and focusing on other things.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I was curious what was said so I searched for replies @ that user + "slave" and there's literally only one person between her initial tweets on the topic and her accusation that leftists were calling her a slave.

That bottom (first, I suppose, by Twitter timeline rules) tweet is amazing. Yes people are complaining about both things because both things are racist.

They are not equally racist but they are both racist.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its a mix and I don't think people by large have had changes of heart. We're as racially divided as ever. Policy changes without changes of heart gets you America today post civil rights act. You can't legislate racism out of existance.
So you think that multiple losses in voting rights recently, severe blows to affirmative action, the drug war, giving cops more power, and gerrymandering had less to do with Trump being elected then white people being racist post Obama. Seriously you don't think outlawing the klan and other white supremacists groups from intimidating and beating up people at the voting booths had a ton to do with how people voted and what the state of the country was.

Materia Man

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
User Banned (permanent): troll account
Seriously invoking Malcom X to defend Biden? You realize Malcom X would've fucking hated this man, right?

I don't know what Malcolm would've thought about Biden. But I only brought up someone black who thought well of segregation because uniformed people here present it as a white supremacist only position.

oh yeah? Where you shed blood at? Let's see the receipts.
Whats understood doesn't have to be explained

black-panther-armed-with-rifles-1920x830.jpg

But again I know yall have twitter activism today so let me pipe down

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017

I agree Bernie would have been a better candidate, but you're kidding yourself if you think this will do anything to Biden.

The guy is up on Trump in most polls, and i'm talking about battleground polls unlike Hillary. He got the black vote even after kamala killed him on the busing stuff. Yes I know polls don't matter because of 2016 to everyone, but polls is what we have until November.

Twitter/Era is not the electorate. Bernie would have been the candidate if that was case.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
no one owes joe biden anything, black people included. he has to earn your vote. he seems to think he is entitled to it by virtue of not being trump.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what Malcolm would've thought about Biden. But I only brought up someone black who thought well of segregation because uniformed people here present it as a white supremacist only position.

Whats understood doesn't have to be explained

black-panther-armed-with-rifles-1920x830.jpg

But again I know yall have twitter activism today so let me pipe down

oh you was a panther? And you defending joe Biden telling us we aint black if we don't vote for him?

Huey Newton rolling over in his fucking grave. Somehow I didn't think you could become more embarrassing but delishis, this is even worse of a look for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.