• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
The problem is the other side, the R's, don't call out their guy for anything, so anytime we turn on Biden, it makes it easier for those deplorables.

i remember when folks used to say that it was a pro that democrats dont share the cultish mentality that republicans do. but things change when it's your "cult" eh?

let this had been anyone outside of biden, the nominee this comment would've had folks check him instantly but dont want have to have that same energy when it counts.

smh.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
This is an excellent example of what people mean when they say the party takes black voters for granted. Just kind of staggering how overt the racism is here.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
waking up and seeing this.....i just...i can't....

why the fuck

giphy.gif

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't really change anything, 2016 showed you that any "ism" doesn't really matter at all anymore.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i remember when folks used to say that it was a pro that democrats dont share the cultish mentality that republicans do. but things change when it's your "cult" eh?

let this had been anyone outside of biden, the nominee this comment would've had folks check him instantly but dont want have to have that same energy when it counts.

smh.

Because 4 more years of Trump will mean a Supreme Court that's fucked up for the majority of your life.
So yeah, people will start overlooking a lot when the stakes are that high.

Materia Man

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
I'm confused by this post. Are you trying to say that the "segregation" of black nationalism is comparable to the the aparthied regime that biden's buddies in the senate defended to their death?

That seems like some pretty gross semantics, it doesn't seem fair to compare those.

My only knowledge of Biden "endorsing segregation" is his contest of Busing, which again wasn't a black and white issue within the Black community as alot of people feared to send their kids to white districts surrounded by racists.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very few politicians do.

I think the reality that we have to make space for, sadly, is that even if it weren't Biden this primary still came down to...well, a bunch of old (and old-fashioned) white people. Going on The Breakfast Club.

Outside of Joe Biden and maybe Bloomberg, none of the other Democratic candidates would go full mask-off racist during a goddamn morning show. The venue isn't the problem. The problem is Biden on race.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh... Well, we have someone who is a racist running for president, and someone who is not a racist running for president.
Just because Biden isn't nearly as racist as the GOP doesn't mean he's not a racist. Everyone has their biases (racism, sexism, etc.), and those biases have a million shades of intensity. He's not Trump but he's still a product of the time and place he grew up. A very racist time and place.

Yeah, I'd say the sentiment is correct. I really don't see how anyone could argue otherwise. Voting data speaks for itself as well.
Okay, but saying this was still dumb as hell.

Note: I am not black

Materia Man

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Joe Biden went mask-off here. In essence he's saying:

Black voters, you'll take whatever scraps I'll give you and you'll like it. What's your alternative, vote for the Republican?

I almost appreciate his honesty. This is deeply racist but it is fits with Biden's history on race. Obama can't rehabilitate Joe Biden's legacy. But this goes back to the bigger problem, of the Democratic Party taking our votes entirely for granted. Until we start demanding better they are going to keep doing it.

As a strategic blunder of course this is bad. The GOP are already campaigning off of this. It plays right into Kanye's narrative and that of other token blacks on the right.

Again with a blatant mischracterization. I doubt you even saw the interview.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
What is this? This is another problem, alot of you have no context of history likely because you are too young and just spout off new aged "gotchas" that don't jive with people's thinking in the actual moment. Being "segregationist" isn't a white/racist exclusive position. Hell one of Malcolm X's main proposals to end racial inequality was based on segregation but again you would have to know about Malcom X to know that.
Yes Malcom X who held political power and his views got enacted into policy.... Wait what? That was only Joe Biden? Wow its almost like Joe Biden is a white politician and Malcom X was not. Do you truly think Bidens policy on segregation was to end racial inequality? You probably are naive enough to think that your good uncle Joe has your best wishes.

Oct 27, 2017
There are things you don't joke about. The fact that black people don't have a damn choice in this election is one of those things.

Just because you're homies with Obama, stop getting so comfortable with us, Joe. He really thought he'd have Charlemagne chuckling with that line, huh? I'm glad Charlemagne didn't even give him an inch on that one. Fcking tone deaf as fuck.

November is so far away, sigh.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh... Well, we have someone who is a racist running for president, and someone who is not a racist running for president.

Yeah, I'd say the sentiment is correct. I really don't see how anyone could argue otherwise. Voting data speaks for itself as well.

I'll not vote for joe Biden in a heartbeat and I dare any other nigger to try to say I'm less of one than they are. Fuck outta here lol.

"voting data speaks for itself" lmfaooo y'all are on crack rock

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Our "hero" everybody! Why do they let him go off script ever?

(Edit) realized the choice of words was shit given this topic.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't really change anything, 2016 showed you that any "ism" doesn't really matter at all anymore.
For something to stop mattering, it had to matter at all in the first place.
Yep.

This reinforces the dislike of Biden in folks who already weren't going to vote for him, but it seems like anyone who is going to vote for him has already priced in this sort of shit. I don't see it moving the needle.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think anyone should get into the habit of revoking someone's black card for anything's. Very dangerous road

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I'll not vote for joe Biden in a heartbeat and I dare any other nigger to try to say I'm less of one than they are. Fuck outta here lol.

"voting data speaks for itself" lmfaooo y'all are on crack rock
I don't believe the quote is about black people voting for him or not, it's about black people voting for Trump instead

Oct 29, 2017

smh.

To defeat a monster you must BECOME a monster.

Nah jk, this was a real stupid thing for him to say.

Oct 25, 2017
Because 4 more years of Trump will mean a Supreme Court that's fucked up for the majority of your life.
So yeah, people will start overlooking a lot when the stakes are that high.
lol the bar for an acceptable candidate is in hell

You can still vote for a candidate and recognize that they are a pathetic joke of a candidate. The answer is never to pretend that a candidate's flaws don't exist. That's the campaign's job

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Eh his comment doesn't surprise me at all. He should apologize... It's not his place to say that and people can argue it sounds like he's taking the black vote for granted.

He's a well meaning old white man. I've seen thousands of them. They say dumb shit in effort of being funny and it makes me cringe.

Sad thing is, I'm not holding it against him in November. I don't have a choice.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
This comment embodies a race to the bottom, and it's unfortunate that people either cannot or will not recognize that.
We're at the bottom alreayd

Donald trump, a white supremacist surrounded by white supremacists is the chief executive of this country.
This is as bad as it's been in modern times

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
thus is straight up some Curb Your Enthusiasm shit, fucking hell

in addition to everything else, he really needs to drop this tendency of flashing attitude every time a likely Dem voter shows apprehension about his candidacy

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
As a black person, calling things like this racist really emphasize most people don't know what racism is. We tend to throw that word around way to easy.
Yeah the sentiment of the FORMER VICE PRESIDENT and POLITICIAN for the last ~40 years relates to nothing structural. Real racism is when nobodies say something horrific right?

Materia Man

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Yes Malcom X who held political power and his views got enacted into policy.... Wait what? That was only Joe Biden? Wow its almost like Joe Biden is a white politician and Malcom X was not. Do you truly think Bidens policy on segregation was to end racial inequality? You probably are naive enough to think that your good uncle Joe has your best wishes.

For one, in many ways Malcolm had more influence/follower-ship than politicians.

Two, again I don't know what this policy on segregation that you refer to is but yes I do generally believe that Biden's heart is in the right place. I don't give a fuck about you calling me naive. Alot of people here weren't even thought of in the 70s and 80s and couldn't even begin to describe the rationale of black men and women in those eras. But have everything to say and criticize.

bickieditches

Aug 5, 2018
Ok, I'll preface this by saying he definitely should apologize and never say those words again.

But he was *very clearly* joking, and in the interview he literally gives credit to black people for helping him get his start in politics. His heart is in the right place, he will obviously apologize for this, and he's got a known case of "foot-in-mouth" disease. Anyone thinking this is going to fundamentally transform this race is going to be disappointed.

I also emphatically disagree with people who say this is how the Democratic party takes black voters for granted, but I understand not everyone shares my views.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
This is one of the worst things I've ever heard any political candidate say. You can't put qualifiers in front of other people's racial identity. I'll still vote for him because I still view him as unwittingly out of touch rather than racist and mean-spirited, but c'mon now Joe. What the hell...

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned(1 month): Hostility and a history of similar infractions
I wish everybody defending this should just preface every post in here with your race so I know who to call a cracker and who to call a house negro

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Outside of Joe Biden and maybe Bloomberg, none of the other Democratic candidates would go full mask-off racist during a goddamn morning show. The venue isn't the problem. The problem is Biden on race.

That depends. Full mask-off racist? Maybe not. Racially insensitive or just plain boneheaded? We already saw that. We had 5 candidates at the end, all white, and all of whom at some point having made a racially insensitive comment (or several) due to either their proximity to Black people (Biden) or having no Black people on their team influential enough to say...maybe don't say that.

The problem with Biden is that it fits a pattern of him taking his comfort with Black people (Black leaders who have earned trust with our community, in particular) as a sort of "hood pass." That is a mistake. I don't believe that Biden went on TBC with the intent of revealing his racism, and I don't think the sheer number of Black people who know Biden and have worked with him would so enthusiastically throw their support behind him if they thought he was racist (and at some point I do allow room for that).

To me, the problem is more pervasive. Biden here reveals a lingering mentality that Dems ain't got to work for these Black ass votes. And the only reason I, personally, don't come down too hard on Biden specifically about this is because this is not a Biden specific problem. Voting Republican may be a non-option for the majority for us, but that is not an effective salve against the stinging reality that Democrats don't do nearly enough to reciprocate the hard work, discipline, loyalty, and frankly passion that Black people as a demographic infuse into this party. That goes well beyond Biden.

Oct 27, 2017
Mask off, they don't give a fuck about us. Makes it infuriating how much support he had/has in the community, we had a bunch of other options and this was what was chosen.

This is exactly why they ain't gotta do shit for us, they figure we got no other option lol

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
This is something that, had a character on South Park said it and not a Dem politician, would be a honeypot thread

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't this dumbass have handlers? And if he does, why haven't they been fired and replaced with better ones?

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
tired of hearing about biden's "convictions" and "feelings" and "heart"

like, at some point the dude is who he is, and not whatever imagined persona you've given him to make the pill taste better. there's no need to go full "oppa didn't mean it" every time some old-ass racist says something old and racist

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what to say really.

Being a black voter is like picking which method of torture you'd like to endure over the next four years.

giphy.gif

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what to say really.

Being a black voter is like picking which method of torture you'd like to endure over the next four years.

giphy.gif
Trump has probably had the most direct negative impact to my family. Maybe it's because the 8 years of Obama were relatively consistent and I don't really remember Bush's presidency as well. Black people have been voting for harm reduction since forever. Looks like nothing is changing on that front.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why doesn't this dumbass have handlers? And if he does, why haven't they been fired and replaced with better ones?
Because he's stil the candidate at the end of the day and can control whether or not he does or says something? The man is not a puppet, ultimately the campaign is his and if he wants to go on a show and say something racist no one can stop him.

Why are you trying to act like he doesn't have agency? You think 'handlers' will be keeping him in line when he's the fucking president? Let's not out our heads in the sand here.

Status
Not open for further replies.