• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
ok and it still doesn't have me torn on who I'm voting for this November. It's still not a hard choice.
This is a vote to get trump out of office and to hopefully regain the Supreme Court and senate. Biden is likely a one term president anyway before he steps down
I never said torn on who I am voting for, I said torn on voting for this guy. I am not voting for Trump but Biden is not making it easy to fill in the bubble next to his name either. I don't think I am going to beg anyone I know to vote like in the last few elections, and if they say no I can only shrug my shoulders.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Dumb stupid statement. All he had to say was something like if "If you vote for Trump, you don't care about black people" or some shit like that.

The fuck? This is equally worse! The Breakfast Club has a majority black listener base that FREQUENTLY holds political commentary, news and topics about blackness that relates to the community and you think a revised statement like that wouldnt be equally controversial?

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
Yes? Are we going to have to delve into the locked vault of inter personal black discourse? PoliERA was already fucking dogshit about listening to YOUNG black users who liked Bernie because Black Boomers prefer Joe.
black boomers vote. Bernie was very popular among the the younger crowds but few voted when it mattered.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if after you leave an interview like this (if you're a normal politician and not Donald Trump), your handlers just stare at you for a solid minute without speaking.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
black boomers vote. Bernie was very popular among the the younger crowds but few voted when it mattered.

Im not fucking talking about the primaries and the fact that the only people that matter are the ones who are able to show up at the ballot shows that liberals and moderates havent learned fuck all in 2016.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Oh Joe. This is something only a black person could say. He needs to clarify and apologize quickly

I'd say this guarantees Kamala as VP. Best outcome in the end lol

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
They were wrapping up...

why he do that...

why keep going after the recoil...

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I would have said if you're having trouble choosing between Trump and me, you aren't very bright.

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
Im not fucking talking about the primaries and the fact that the only people that matter are the ones who are able to show up at the ballot shows that liberals and moderates havent learned fuck all in 2016.
Yeah, voting matters no matter the time. Boomers understand how important a vote is and how valuable it is. If you wanted Bernie to win, vote for him.

Materia Man

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
I watched the whole interview and it definitely is a stupid remark but overall it was pretty good. Charlemagne asked alot of tough questions regarding the black community and Joe answered pretty straightly. I haven't fact checked anything he said but this is definitely being taken out of context and imo inappropriately weaponized in a bad faith manner.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, voting matters no matter the time. Boomers understand how important a vote is and how valuable it is. If you wanted Bernie to win, vote for him.
You're derailing the fucking topic. You are ESPECIALLY derailing the point I was making to the user I was responding to because the only thing the DNC has after all these months as a defense against his mounting gaffes, insults to certain demographics and commentary is 'muh primaries'.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
You're derailing the fucking topic. You are ESPECIALLY derailing the point I was making to the user I was responding to because the only thing the DNC has after all these months as a defense against his mounting gaffes, insults to certain demographics and commentary is 'muh primaries'.
What does the DNC have to do with anything?

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Symone-Sanders-Getty.jpg

Dear Symone, save some of that for Joe.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Biden, really think about what you said here. Realize how it comes across and listen to the people telling you this is a shit thing to say. Then fucking apologize. You can't be saying shit like this if you want to beat Donald Trump even if the thought made sense in your head at the time.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
What does the DNC have to do with anything?
Shorthand for the Democratic Voters who support Biden. The DNC that also supports Biden. The same coalition that wants to run Extreme Hard mode on a campaign that should of been Baby mode in terms of optics and political messaging.

EDIT: whats impressive here is that the main meat of the comment was simply that PoliERA simoultaneously acknowledges that there is a divide in opinion on what young vs old black people support and care for and how ERA ONLY seems to care and listen to certain demographics so long as they support 'their' guy. Yet the very moment they step out of line dissenting opinion is beaten down and users told to shut up because the beginning and end of your worth is polls. Even though I never even BROUGHT UP the polls OR the primary in my original response.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally just telling us we ain't shit

And the whites are gonna explain a million ways how we're just misinterpretating his comments

niggas cannot win

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, we haven't even gotten to the debates yet and he's already pulling this shit.

I can only imagine the massive train wreck we're gonna get when he gets put on the same stage as Trump.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
What a fuckin idiot. Interview was over but the dude just couldn't help himself.

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
now conservatives are going crazy with this online acting like they actually give a shit about us...just fucking great

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
We are talking about Joe Biden ( the one people voted for ) saying something stupid. What were you talking about ?

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe should be thanking his lucky stars that Covid is a thing because without it he would have gaffed himself into loosing worse than Hillary did. Honestly, he still might.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We have an entire political machine behind this man and either no one is training him or he refuses to be trained.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Saying "it will not impact the race" is similar to saying, "yeah, it's offensive, but you people don't hold any power to change anything". It's dismissive of people who take issue with the statement, and actually plays into Biden's mentality of black people/minorities having no other choice/being disposable.

I don't feel it's going to impact the race because it's a sentiment I've seen held in the black community. Way back when I was more of a moderate, I used to actually catch some light hearted flak from my coworkers calling me a republican. It's a sentiment I also witness when I lived up north and it didn't seem much different when I came south whether within family or outside. Biden still shouldn't have said it no matter what the general concensus, but I don't think it's going to mess him up on a major level and that isn't dismissing anyone's feelings, it's just thoughts on the election. Could be wrong, could be right. I personally feel that the only people that generally seem to consistently give a shit about what Fox News or trump has to say is his base and era posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.