• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MisterZimbu

Oct 27, 2017
You only got two years to get anything done, at the most. Stack the courts, voter reform, and do whatever possible to prevent the conservatives from trying to stage another coup.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Universal Health Care
New Green Deal stuff
Police Reform

But none of these can happen with a 6/3 court

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I agree with everything here, but I'd really like to see Universal Pre-K and a sweeping reform of how we fund education so that schools aren't funded by property taxes. We rig the game right at the start when inner city and rural kids don't get the same quality of education as the suburbs.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't start your admin with a SCOTUS fight. It'll be a big doubt they'll even come close to the votes for that.

Of course you start with coronavirus and economic relief. Rapid testing, transparency, investment in vaccine production methods, stimulus checks, etc.

Maybe next up is protecting ACA, but you could also reinstate climate change requirements and green energy legislation.

less

Oct 25, 2017
1) Clean house and rebuild the executive branch especially branches like the state department and the DOJ.
2) COVID 19

zyxwvu4321

Oct 25, 2017
#1 should absolutely be protection and expansion of voting rights and access. Without that, the GOP will continue to suppress as much as possible and undo any good done once they game their way back into power.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The absolute biggest issues facing the country are rules changes, but those are almost impossible to pass.

Legally codified restrictions on the executive.

Order of succession for SCotUS (if one dies, it's automatically filled by x and y Federal judge, etc)

Electoral College abolition

TheRagnCajun

Oct 29, 2017
I think it has to be strengthening democracy, accountability, and the balance of power. For example, empowering intelligence services to operate at arms length from the president.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
1. Expand the Supreme Court Justices
2. Implement and execute a proper plan for COVID

Tons of shit could go in that second spot, but I think you start with that.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) Stop Xbox and / or Phil Spencer of creating a gaming monopoly.

2) Institutionalize the "Rise Up" Law, which makes all the exclusives illegal except those on my platform of choice.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
1. National COVID response. A lot of Biden's gains in the last few months have been in response to how horrible Trump's response to COVID has been. He needs to prove immediately that he will be a complete 180 in terms of getting shit under control and actually providing some goddamn hope. People's lives are literally on the line.

2. DC/PR statehood. Whatever gains the Dems make in the Senate this election gets a +2 with DC, and PR either cancels out or gives another +2. The more power they consolidate the more opportunity they have for SCOTUS expansion/reform and election reform.

Last edited:

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Statehood for DC and PR.
Protecting voter rights + addressing gerrymandering.

I feel like these two potentially keep Democrats in control and allows you to tackle the other issues long-term.

Selfishly, I'd really like student loan relief.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute biggest issues facing the country are rules changes, but those are almost impossible to pass.

Legally codified restrictions on the executive.

Order of succession for SCotUS (if one dies, it's automatically filled by x and y Federal judge, etc)

Electoral College abolition

All of those require constitutional amendment. That's not happening any time soon. The order of succession for SCOTUS isn't a good idea anyway.

Covid response
Economic recovery
This is my pick. Before we reform institutions, we have to get past COVID.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
He's the President. Most of the stuff folks are suggesting are things that Congress does.

What he can, and should, do is reinstate Obama Era environmental and corporate regulations.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Rough ranking:

1. Court packing
2. New voting rights act with voting holiday, automatic registration, ban on partisan gerrymandering, and reimposition of Justice Dept pre-review for all state voting and redistricting changes

(these two are pretty much necessary for anything further down the list to actually stick)

3. DC/PR statehood (really this goes with the first two in terms of being necessary to protect your future gains, but you only asked for 2)
4. Covid stimulus, with any miscellaneous general welfare stuff you can get in there, housing programs, child tax credits, etc.
5. All your green spending programs
6. All the healthcare expansion you can pass
7. Minimum wage hike
8. Immigration reform
9. All the free/subsidized education funding you can pass, plus any student debt forgiveness you can get included
10. Marijuana legalization, record expunging, plus any decriminalization or reduction in punishment you can pass for other drugs

It's insane that any actual help to people has fallen to priorities 4-10, but that's how dire the basic maintenance of democracy situation is

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
1. Debaathify the federal government, purging anyone and everyone loyal to Trump.
2. Arrest and imprison Trump.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Add some new Supreme Court Justices
Make any territory that wants to be a state, a state.

Having these two things done will help make any other policy goals more achievable.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) COVID plan (stimulus etc.)
2) Stack the courts

3) Climate change initiative
4) American debt forgiveness ($10k applied universally, not means tested or focused on a single source like student loans)

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Voting reform (mandatory mail out of ballots, redistricting across the country to get rid of gerrymandering, simple voter registration country wide)
Stack the courts

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
A EO to blanket overturn all of Trump's EOs. We can sort the good ones (if there actually are any) out from the bad ones out later.
Stack the courts

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Admit DC and/or Puerto Rico as states
Undo the fucking damage McConnell has done to the courts by adding 3 or 4 justices

edit; all the other stuff being mentioned is critical as well. However, to get any of it to stick, the Senate cannot remain as tilted to rural GOP representation and the court must be fixed.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Covid relief / Mask mandate / leadership role tackling the pandemic.

climate change reform / restoring the epa to Obama standards.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
#1: DACA and immigration reform. Hard to focus on anything else when there's people out there through no fault of their own not being able to get legal work, drive a car, etc. It's cruel and we're not safer as a country for it.

#2: COVID cleanup: Relief, stimulus, etc.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Stack The Courts
DC and Puerto Rico Statehood

Long term, removing presidential immunity and establishing an independent body with the sole purpose of governing executive overreach.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
1. Covid response
2. DC & PR statehood

Just can't get around needing a federal response to covid. And undoing much of the harm Trump has wrought and many of the systemic problems in the US get easier by properly representing 2 places that have voted for statehood with 4 new senators.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
shit he already said he wasn't going to do. health care and defund police. stack the courts too, sure.

he's not going to do any of that shit though. he said it outright because hes a weenie.

I'm hoping he's just saying that to keep the support of the moderate and real "non-trumper" republicans he's trying to woo away from an R vote this cycle.
And then the minute he gets confirmed and takes office, let he change rain in so fast, they aren't aware of what happened nor how to stop it. This is of course assuming an expansion in the house and a takeover of the Senate as well.

I feel stacking the courts may be opening a pandora's box of retaliation down the line, but if he can make it so court expansion can only happen once every XX many years I'm for it, but I don't want to see the short term memory of the general populace forget, let the senate and house slip, and the the repub just expand it again in X years.
On the other hand.... if Biden can make enough sweeping changes now, R's may not have a majority again for a long ass time.

Stack the Court
Exec Order a reversal of ALL Trump Exec Orders
Voting Rights Reform, including End of Gerrymandering, Campaign Finance regulation
Nationwide Police Defund and Reform
Government Accountability Act (making all these gentlemans agreements into actionable law w/ real consequences for violation and accessory to violation)
Full Investigation of Trump and all connected to him that allowed and/or enabled, all prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
Actual COVID Response and Stimulus (including for the workers and businesses that need help because they weren't allowed to operate)
Statehood for DC and PR
Universal Healthcare/Medicare for all
Education Reform/Student Loan Debts

possibly in that order, and I know its more than 2 things

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
1) Deal with COVID (both from a public health aspect and economic relief for individuals and states).
2) Expand ACA so it becomes closer to healthcare for all.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
1. Stack the court
2. Massive election reform bill protecting voting rights and addressing campaign finance.

Yep. Cant even try to fight Climate change which involves the entire planet if you don't address these two, as it would just end up being halted when power changes hands. Forced to prioritize these two and the current issue with covid and unemployment so you protect the future, and dont lose the 2022 midterms.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Stack the courts.

Establish legislation that sets hard limits on presidential power and prevents another Trump from happening.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
1. Get money out of politics because it is the root of everything
2. Medicare for all

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Executive branch audit (so we know how much rot there actually is)
Racial justice / economic stimulus / COVID relief / mask mandate (yes, roll it all up into one. Won't solve everything but get the ball moving)