• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which 'dere' type is your favorite?

• Tsundere

Votes: 69 17.3%
  • Kuudere

Votes: 42 10.6%
  • Dandere

Votes: 38 9.5%
  • Yandere

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Anime was a mistake *miyazaki gi*

Votes: 194 48.7%
  • Thor the dark world

Votes: 29 7.3%

• Total voters

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The prototype.

RyL9JCwl.jpg

After that it was all downhill.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The kuudere example appears to be incorrect according to the dere wiki (because of course that is a thing).

Kuudere is apparently a character who pretends that they don't have feelings, but they actually care a lot. That's Geralt, my #1 anime boy.
Rei would be a koodere (which these maniacs spell as "coodere"), a character who only develops feelings over the course of the story.

the-dere-types.fandom.com

Kuudere

"Kuudere" (JPJapanese: クーデレRomaji: KuudereTranslation: Cool Love) is a term for a character who appears calm and unemotional most of the time, but becomes cute and loving around their love interest. They don't talk much and have a cold uninterested attitude towards people who are not their love...

Thanks for coming to my TEDere.

the-dere-types.fandom.com

Dere

I didn't realize how deep this thing went...

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Whoever picked Yandere purely based on seeing Yuno from Future Diary in that comic is sure exposing their trash tastes. Surely there are better examples out there.

I was told it was one of the best anime made ever and I should watch it 😔

Edit: Other than the two main characters, the rest of the premise and story was okay lol

Wife and I just finished this show back in January. We watched it because we were told it was one of The Best. Boy were we mislead.

Such a pile of misogynistic trash. I wrote up an entire synopsis that I was going to post here on Etcera but realized I was putting more effort into something just not worth it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I will also jump in and say I can't stand Future Diary, or yanderes in general.

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i will only say that vegeta has an article on the tsundere wiki:
tsuntsun.fandom.com

Vegeta

It is still unknown if Vegeta is a tsundere, though he is considered as one by almost everyone. Vegeta is a slim man who is also very muscular. He has spiky, black hair, that firmly stands upwards and stays in that position. He is also a man of below average stature. Vegeta is cold, arrogant...

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Whoever picked Yandere purely based on seeing Yuno from Future Diary in that comic is sure exposing their trash tastes. Surely there are better examples out there.

Wife and I just finished this show back in January. We watched it because we were told it was one of The Best. Boy were we mislead.

Such a pile of misogynistic trash. I wrote up an entire synopsis that I was going to post here on Etcera but realized I was putting more effort into something just not worth it.

lol

I can safely say both of the main characters are the worst characters I've seen in anime and possibly in all of fictional media. I've never cheered for antagonist characters more than any other piece of media than this one.

May 26, 2018
A Miyazaki gi, which must be worn at Miyazaki-do, to learn Miyazakijutsu.

*smokes cigarette, blows up a head with an environmental message*

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Out of those, I generally lean towards tsundere characters, I guess.
Overall, I prefer characters who aren't defined by their relationship dynamics with a single person though, so my preferences are more based on individual characters and the series itself.

Usually I don't care for the "idea" of yandere, for example, but I enjoyed watching Higurashi Gou's
Satoko, who in the original series (and even in the first half of Gou) was used for tsundere jokes with the male lead, but turns out to be completely obsessed over someone else later on.
E0UnxapVUAEtlaI

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Tsundere is my favourite archetype. Although I do like all the others as well.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
i guess dandere? Idk, most romance stuff I read is BL, and I feel like I never hear "dere" terms used, but I do like stories that involve someone who's reserved slowly opening up over time a la Given.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
After going through the dere's on the wiki, I'm going with Hiyakasudere, since Holo qualifies.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
is there a dere where they're just a nice person without trying to couch it in a facade or a put-on