• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nYuh5HKM5-MFwVBfEjO-c7QwWfm7lQZwskmDC_66pbU.gif
Lmao the perfect gif

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I imagine what happened is they wanted a really quick turnaround so the other studio started working on RE3make before RE2make was even finished.

But yeah, this went from a "I will buy it day one" with the RE2 team to "I'll wait on reviews" with some unknown studio making it.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
If this is a necessary trade off for Remake2 team focus on Resident 8 then so be it. I rather have a original story with the quality and style of REmake2, despite nemesis been one of the most memorable games for me in the psone era.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I wouldn't read too much into rumors going around at the moment.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
this is weird, and without any other info to go on all I can think if is that this is a bad idea. guess we'll have to wait and see.

AnnieB

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 11, 2019
I have no idea where you came up with this idea but it isn't true at all. Most of the RE4 team didn't work on RE5, there were a lot who moved onto other Capcom teams or left Capcom and followed Mikami/Kamiya to Tango/Platinum. The RE4 and RE5 teams are for all intents and purposes two different teams.

And puh-lease, RE5 was universally hated? What on earth are you talking about? As much as I and a lot of other long time RE fans didn't like it, people ate up the action gameplay and online co-op. It was a pretty good game, just not a good Resident Evil.
I have no idea where you came up with this idea, but 90% of the artists, developers, and cinematographers/animators who worked on RE4, went on to work on RE5, and your idea that these developers "moved on to different projects" is one that you literally just pulled out of your ass.

I need direct you no further than either game's credits as evidence. Next time you want to simply make something up, try not to make up something as easy to fact check as a game's credits.

As far as I know only two Capcom employees followed Mikami to Tango, one artist and one programmer. You must be confusing Tango and Platinum, which has a few more former Capcom employees in its employ.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I always wondered what the end result of the original design for RE4 would have turned out as if Kamiya and Capcom didn't abandon it and turned it into Devil May Cry.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
Tango Gameworks' REmake3 under the supervision of Mikami just like the original

Let's go folks

Very unlikely since Tango Gameworks is owned by Zenimax Media.

Isn't there another developer team at Capcom that could do the RE3 Remake?
The only developer for hire I can think of is Platinum Games.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Very unlikely since Tango Gameworks is owned by Zenimax Media.

Isn't there another developer team at Capcom that could do the RE3 Remake?
The only developer for hire I can think of is Platinum Games.
I can't see how platinum would fit at all with RE...or at least in a way that would work. I don't want a stylish action RE.

Status
Not open for further replies.