• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Just saw this:

A new Resident Evil movie is in development from Johannes Roberts, the director of 47 Meters Down and its sequel, and The Strangers: Prey at Night. The last installment of the zombie-killing franchise, the definitively titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, was released in January 2017.

We are in active development of that at the moment. I pitched them a take, and they really loved it. So, we are just gearing up on that as we speak, really. I'm in the office all the time there. So, yeah, it's great. It's gonna be super scary. It's super, super scary. And it's just getting back to the roots of the game. I think, at the moment, I'm not really allowed to say much more than that. But it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Infect me with the T-Virus if it's old news.

And we also have a Resident Evil TV Series brewing on Netflix...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't new news that it's being made, but there is an new statement on the movie's development, and further hinting/confirmation they're going a horror route and not an action route, so there's confirmation it's still being made at the very least and didn't silently die or something.

The TV/Netflix Resident Evil series I'm more curious about as it's been pretty silent in new news the last several months, but that's supposedly happening as well.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yeah, they did say that they were gonna make a reboot of the movie series since the original was successful.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They announced the reboot the same week that the final movie released in theaters iirc.

They gonna kill Wesker by dropping a door on his foot again?

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I'm meh on this tbh. After IMO the absolute dumpster fire that Anderson put out for 15yrs it's hard to get hyped for a reboot.

The original game alone could make a such a compelling movie. I wasn't a fan of George Romero's treatment though.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
images

B movie horror roots or nothing.
They should take inspiration from EVIL DEAD

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This isn't new news that it's being made, but there is an new statement on the movie's development, and further hinting/confirmation they're going a horror route and not an action route, so there's confirmation it's still being made at the very least and didn't silently die or something.

The TV/Netflix Resident Evil series I'm more curious about as it's been pretty silent in new news the last several months, but that's supposedly happening as well.

I see.

I wonder if it might be an adaptation of the first game? Or a story that takes place in the same universe as the games... this is what I'm hoping for the TV Series at least.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
What we need is a new CG movie.

Vendetta was amazing.
It was a very bad film like....literally every single resident evil movie. The issue with the CG movies is that they're just straight up boring with hollow nonsensical action sequences. At least the live action movies are hilarious to watch while getting drunk with friends.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
The Netflix show is still a rumor right? I'd rather that be real (and good) than a movie. The franchise is very healthy right now so I wouldn't be surprised if they're really making both a show and a movie.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want a movie or a show that is someone investigating the arclay mountain murders before the first game

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
What is it?

Resident Evil. See if you can find any other clues, I'll be examining this news article. I hope this is not Paul W.S. Anderson's Resident Evil.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
It was a very bad film like....literally every single resident evil movie. The issue with the CG movies is that they're just straight up boring with hollow nonsensical action sequences. At least the live action movies are hilarious to watch while getting drunk with friends.

They are hilarious even without drinking.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Bullshit! CG movies are great because they are canon to games stars (pun intended) well loved game characters. All three CG movies are great.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017

This was a pitch video made for an ultimately not done series "Arklay", which was about the murders that occur in Raccoon City and the cities downfall before the events of the first game.

More details here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...klay-appears-to-have-resurfaced-in-video-form

Didn't know that it was available, I'll watch it since the idea was interesting to say the least.

They still need to do a CG film with Jill...
Capcom hasn't done Jill justice for such a long time imho, I really hope it changes in the near future.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
They are hilarious even without drinking.
True.
Bullshit! CG movies are great because they are canon to games stars (pun intended) well loved game characters. All three CG movies are great.
They're canon yes but that makes them even worse. There is ZERO tension in every single action scene because we 100% know that nothing in the films actually matter. That, and the fact that the characters and plot of resident evil aren't very good as legit characters. So you get a ton of contrived melodrama, (instead of Chris being angry and drinking now LEON is angry and drinking), and or non existent character building/development

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no, those movies are god awful. I probably would have liked them when I was a teenager, but that's not exactly a shining endorsement. Hollow, ridiculous, anime level films with laughable storytelling that exists only as a loose pretext for the characters to make the shooty bangs.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah this is old news, wouldn't be surprised if the next we officially hear of it has it changing hands.
Almost seems like we're getting a movie or a show, but not both. Unless someone higher up is really wanting to swing something for the billion dollar movie franchise.