• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
People thinking Sony will sit on a finished The Last of Us game for months are hilarious. This will be delayed at most for 2 months.

They'll sit on it until whenever they can get the maximum profit, it's pretty simple.

If their calculations show that Covid will mess with their profits for another 6 months (just pulling that number out of my ass as an example) then that's how long they'll sit on it for. If nothing has changed in 2 months, I'm not sure why you think they would drop it just for the sake of doing it, that would make them look extremely dumb

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Corona Virus : 'hold my beer'

There will be dozens of big titles still releasing on PS4. Every sports title for the next two or three years. Also every holiday release except a handful of PS5 exclusives.

I just think with having a little more time to figure things out + not being as high profile of a release with more moderate expectations, they'll still try to hit that date. They can't sit on two big finished AAA games all summer, and even if Ghosts has a slightly compromised "release experience" that isn't such a big deal as it would be for TLoU. Just my thoughts. We'll know by early May if it's going to see a similar delay or not.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought they stopped releasing games for the system a couple of years ago (outside of FIFA, etc). Weird.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm surprised this thread is still open, given that it's an obvious troll thread.

The OP has been on Era since first posting but is ignoring the thread now.

No one actually forgot about The Last of Us 2 or Ghosts.

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps the last big Japanese developed AAA games but in general? No. There are still a lot of big games to come including cross-gen. Even on the Japanese developed front Square Enix have stated they intend to still support current gen.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Don't forget Cyberpunk but I do think last of us 2 and Tsushima will be cross gen launch titles so technically I'd say you're good to sell if the consoles release this year. They've put out a game on old systems after new consoles launched but I don't think we live in that world anymore with how easy BC is and people will demand ps5 versions/updates so close to launch.

It'll be many people's launch ps5 titles even without a specific version and nothing will come close to at least the last of us 2s quality that is ps5 exclusive at launch.

Oct 30, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us: Part II
Cyberpunk 2077

Plus other big Multi games also Cross gen games.

PS4 still have years with big \ good games coming.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Not necessarily. If tlou2 etc don't release until late this year they may be day and date with ps5 version.
There is no PS5 version.

They were not going to have a PS5 version of The Last of Us 2 at launch, much like the PS4 version of The Last of Us came later.

I doubt there will be a "PS5 version" at all. It will (hopefully) just be one version that, if you get on PS5 or already owned on PS4, will get you an upgrade patch for the new system.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
They'll sit on it until whenever they can get the maximum profit, it's pretty simple.

If their calculations show that Covid will mess with their profits for another 6 months (just pulling that number out of my ass as an example) then that's how long they'll sit on it for. If nothing has changed in 2 months, I'm not sure why you think they would drop it just for the sake of doing it, that would make them look extremely dumb

Can't see them delaying for the next quarter again. I still bet on a release before July. But who knows.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
This was the worst way to learn that last of us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima have been cancelled.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Will Sony bless us with Knack 3 for PS4?

zLf9RKH.gif

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the delay at this point, why not just enhance it for the ps5 launch and do a simultaneous ps4/ps5 release? It worked well for breath of the wild. And im sure the delay will hurt some interest in the game for a while, a next gen version could be a good way to keep it as a major event.

Status
Not open for further replies.