• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With Sephiroth being added to Smash and 4 different Mii costumes (Aerith, Tifa, Barrett, Chocobo) and spirits at long last along with now 11 music tracks, Final Fantasy (or at least VII) feels properly represented. (Just lacking an assist trophy... which I think Aerith would've been perfect for)

But yeah Street Fighter, let's see we got Ryu, Ken as an echo. Guile as an assist trophy and a couple of spirits. (Mostly SF2 spirits IIRC) No Mii costumes. (I mean Chun-Li, Guile and E. Honda would be perfect as brawlers)

Maybe I'm misremembering, but what do you think of Street Fighter's representation in Smash?

Edit: I was misremembering things.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have the perfect third character in mind

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Have we now reached the point where we're so focused on third parties that we don't even remember that Smash Bros has Nintendo characters in it?

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I'd pick one of the series with no characters in Smash as least represented, honestly.

AustarusIV

Jan 8, 2019
Pretty sure it's Pac-Man that's the least represented (at least for all the third party franchises). All he has coming with him are classic Namco arcade games.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Someone needs to make some sliding point scale because SF at least has a ton of tracks, and spirits, plus Ryu and Ken, the least echoey echo.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It has two characters, an AT and spirits as well. It's represented just fine.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue the following has less

-Ice Climbers
-Pac Man
-Wii Fit
-Persona

And that is without really looking

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Battle Clash is the least represented series in Smash Bros, a point that fans have been harping on about for years.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean? Street Fighter has plenty of represention in Smash.

2 fighters
a stage
an assist trophy
38 music tracks
27 spirits
and an entire segment in World of Light

Only problem is that mode of it is almost entirely based around SF2 with not much love for the other games, but it still has a lot.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It has two characters, so no. That said, its music library leaves much to be desired due to Smash's laser-focus on SFII. Likewise, there are some glaring omissions regarding SF's spirits (Ex: Alex, Urien, Gill, Dudley, Makoto, Crimson Viper, Seth, Rashid, Menat, G, Zeku, etc.).

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I will admit, while I don't want Street Fighter to have more representation, the importance of Chun-li as the first lady of fighting games can't be overstated, and I'd be thrilled if she were able to get in there as a playable fighter.

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
Sonic. He has a lame moveset and only ever got one remix (which is all the way back from brawl). He deserves better

DeadeyeNull

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Dec 26, 2018
I would've thought bayonetta had the least, but I don't know all the numbers of the type of my head. 1 character and 1 stage 1 assist trophy, but maybe it has more music and spirits then I remember.
There also isn't an official scoring system for representation. Like character > spirit in terms of how much representation it gets.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What do you mean? Street Fighter has plenty of represention in Smash.

2 fighters
a stage
an assist trophy
38 music tracks
27 spirits
and an entire segment in World of Light

Only problem is that most of it is almost entirely based around SF2 with not much love for the other games, but it still has a lot.
I guess you beat me to it, so this.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Baten Kaitos has a single song as representation. I don't remember if there's even one spirit from the series.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
If we're talking about 3rd Party franchises... Pac-Man has minuscule content, because they decided to represent NAMCO Arcade titles instead;

drives me insane

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Picross is the worst-represented game series in Smash Bros, in terms of existing on nearly every Nintendo console and being first-party. No trophies in past games, no stages, no assist trophies. It doesn't exist.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I was misremembering things.

Maybe you should ask us in Smash DLC thread before you make a new thread and we wouldn't have problem to correct you or help you out on that.

Also you forget that Street Fighter have their own location in World of Light mode as well. It would be funny if we got Chun Li in Fighter Pass 2 which would make this take even worse than it would be.

Edited: Also you should have add third party to your thread title to be specific with what you were saying. Since few Nintendo franchises had it worst than Street Fighter, like Rob which have no home stage at all.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed Ms. Pac-Man isn't a spirit.
I'm pretty sure she is flat-out owned by Bandai Namco, but I do wonder if there's some legal complications we don't know about with Ms. Pac-Man. She was an unofficial mod character that was officially licensed by Midway rather than Namco themselves. The game is still released so I assume the legal back end was taken care of in the years since, but it makes me wonder if Bandai Namco just doesn't like acknowledging Ms. Pac-Man if they can help it.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm pretty sure she is flat-out owned by Bandai Namco, but I do wonder if there's some legal complications we don't know about with Ms. Pac-Man. She was an unofficial mod character that was officially licensed by Midway rather than Namco themselves. The game is still released so I assume the legal back end was taken care of in the years since, but it makes me wonder if Bandai Namco just doesn't like acknowledging Ms. Pac-Man if they can help it.
she is in the Pac-Land stage; but nowadays there's the whole AtGames debacle going on; Ms. Pac-Man is sadly cursed with this kind of stuff

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
This has to be a joke right? Street Fighter doesn't need anything else. Third party wise Sonic should 100% have more content (It's a crime Eggman isn't in the game), first party deserves more Xenoblade content.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's pretty fucking awful how much Pokemon Black and White specifically has gotten ignored over the years.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay maybe not Street Fighter, but what about Legend of Zelda
My fairly unpopular opinion, despite being a huge Zelda fan, is that Zelda has pretty good representation in terms of stages, music, and especially items, and that people focus too much on roster numbers alone when looking at series representation. Whereas Fire Emblem has a wide and changing cast, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf can much more comfortably stand in for any of their iterations over the series. I don't like playing number-wang with the roster, because roster representation shouldn't be the end all be all metric of how important a series is.