• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So over the last 3 years has had a solid consistent release of 1st part games. However this year after Paper Mario the 1st party line of games is ... basically nothing?

It's kinda surprising that bathing is being announced. While I do recall Nintendo saying they found it very hard working from home, there were a few rumoured projects like that Mario anniversary collection a few months back.

I mean of all the times to release 1st party games, this would be the most important time, especially with the release of two next gen consoles.

Can Nintendo really just rely on 3rd parties this year to help them overcome this crucial year?

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): Hostility
Damn you in a fanboy pissing off mode right now are you lol.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
With nintendo, we probably won't even know about their next heavy hitter more than a couple months from release.
Wouldn't be surprised if we did see those collections pop up around the holiday, but not even be announced until october or november.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Nope, July is the new December and the year is over now, it's illegal for Nintendo to do any presentations and nothing that wasn't announced can be released for the rest of the year

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
They will release games. They haven't dated any games.

It's possible to acknowledge the latter is real fuckin' weird without making insane leaps.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad they aren't so that I have time to catch up on my backlog. Smart, Nintendo.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Origami King was announced 2 months before release. Is there anything stopping them from announcing other titles a couple of months prior to release? I don't think so.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
So over the last 3 years has had a solid consistent release of 1st part games. However this year after Paper Mario the 1st party line of games is ... basically nothing?

It's kinda surprising that bathing is being announced. While I do recall Nintendo saying they found it very hard working from home, there were a few rumoured projects like that Mario anniversary collection a few months back.

I mean of all the times to release 1st party games, this would be the most important time, especially with the release of two next gen consoles.

Can Nintendo really just rely on 3rd parties this year to help them overcome this crucial year?
Yeah. COVID really wrecked them. They weren't ready for it. My profession is still struggling with it. There's still no plan. Nobody knows what's going on or what to do and things are taking longer.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but as an adult working through this (I'm sure you're an adult too), I can tell you COVID has really disrupted things

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
When is the Xbox attack thread? You covered Sony and Nintendo so far.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until the 20th before you start raging, we're heavily rumored to be getting a Direct.

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you honestly believe they have nothing? It's sucks but Covid has delayed everything. We got paper Mario 2 months ahead of release. We already know what's rumored. Just give them some time there is a global pandemic delaying everything and it's breaking sales records, they have time

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

Ryuun

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Nintendo is doomed!

Seriously, wait for an actual direct. I know we were all disappointed bt that Bakugan announcement.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This happened in March too, and then nearly happening in June. They've been making sure to announce new games shortly before or after the last dated one releases.

So even if there isn't a Direct on the 20th you can be sure they'll announce something around then.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
they're not releasing any more games until this whole board finishes their backlog

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Man y'all are rude AF, not everyone follows every rumor.

OP Nintendo just got hit hard by the virus like many other places so they're being more cautious as to what and when they reveal things. Games are coming though it sounds like a year more for smaller ip and remasters and less Odyssey 2 or Breath if the Wild 2. It'll come though. I doubt they want to deal with Sony and Microsoft trying to have the spotlight as well.

The company is doing fine though, Animal Crossings success alone could float the company the rest of the year with no announcements needed. There's also the Pokémon dlc and like you mentioned Paper Mario.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
Their marketing has been frustrating to enthusiast, but business is booming for them. Hopefully we know most of their line up by the end of the month with the rumored 20th direct.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo said all you need is Clubhouse Games 51 so no point in making any new games.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Even if there isn't a direct they'll announce a game before PMTOK drops(and if they don't then I totally expect a direct)

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
You haven't heard? Nintendo is doomed.

It is SO fucking crazy tho that it's July and we have no games dated beyond Paper Mario. I know, I know... Direct on the 20th. But still.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Between covid and stuff like switch and animal crossing doing so well seems they feel less pressure than ever, playing things close to the best and announcing shortly before release and probably covid fucked up timing and work

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cmon OP, surely everyone should be able to keep track of a rumor OT that's on like its 12th new thread.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice if just for this once Nintendo announced the direct more than a couple days in advanced.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
The world is in the middle of dealing with a pandemic. We need to chill and let the employees stay safe even if it means everything is delayed and slower.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Nintendo is obviously not releasing any games on the second half of 2020.

Except for, you know, that game coming out next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.