• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think this is anything?

• He's teasing something! I KNOW IT!

Votes: 181 23.1%
  • It's nothing.

Votes: 88 11.2%
  • It's something, but nothing exciting

Votes: 162 20.7%
  • You're all crazy

Votes: 94 12.0%
  • SIILLEEEENT HIIIIIILLLL

Votes: 259 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 25, 2017
Listen.... Listen.... I know its impossible, but if Konami decided "We fucked up, want to still make a Silent Hill game??" I'd be screaming. Not sure if Guilemero would still be involved.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't be stupid.

The redemption arc for Silent Hill + the Kojima cult of personality + the YouTube world's passion for horror = a hit.

And why does SONY have to be the one throwing money in a hole for all of that? Where's the benefit to them? They don't own the IP, and they don't own Kojima. Throwing a bunch of money away for another Kojima timed exclusive, of an IP they don't own and can't control, would be mindblowingly dumb.

Shade Vortex

Oct 28, 2017
USA, WA.
That pencil's got an eraser head. Pyramid... Head! Confirmed!!!!

But I really wouldn't look too deeply into this, I'll wait and see. I remember people getting all excited for Skull Kid after seeing Sakurai's chairs...

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I was as optimistic as the rest but I don't think Konami is willing to sell the IP.

I could see Sony getting a new game as a timed exclusive (or even as console exclusive) but nothing more than that.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I was as optimistic as the rest but I don't think Konami is willing to sell the IP.

I could see Sony getting a new game as a timed exclusive (or even as console exclusive) but nothing more than that.
I could see sony broking a deal between konami and kojipro to make silent hills. The Ip would still be owned by konami but kojipro would make the game under a sony umbrella

edit: after all its just business, and Sony is def aware of the silent hills hype.

Last edited:

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
So Given that Masahiro Ito hasn't tweeted today, I can assume that is good news for whatever this all may actually mean. Excited to see what we get next week, even if it does end up just being Death Stranding news.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I could see sony broking a deal between konami and kojipro to make silent hills. The Ip would still be owned by konami but kojipro would make the game under a sony umbrella

edit: after all its just business, and Sony is def aware of the silent hills hype.
I would rather KojiPro to be 100% independent and fund the game themselves. Sony should stay out of it. This way the game is multiplatform day1 and no exclusivity bs. Sony shouldnt be giving them money for the game to be multiplatform. That's not a good deal at all.

Anyways Silent Hill is a Konami IP. Sony should stay way from that noise. Either buy out the rights or let KojiPro do the negotiations.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would rather KojiPro to be 100% independent and fund the game themselves. Sony should stay out of it. This way the game is multiplatform day1 and no exclusivity bs. Sony shouldnt be giving them money for the game to be multiplatform. That's not a good deal at all.

Anyways Silent Hill is a Konami IP. Sony should stay way from that noise. Either buy out the rights or let KojiPro do the negotiations.
In an ideal world, that would be lovely. However if this Silent Hill game is only made possible due to Sony's funding then I rather it exist than not at all and I'm saying this as a survival horror fan that primarily plays games on the Xbox platform.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In an ideal world, that would be lovely. However if this Silent Hill game is only made possible due to Sony's funding then I rather it exist than not at all and I'm saying this as a survival horror fan that primarily plays games on the Xbox platform.
That would imply that other people were approached or asked but were rejected. Multiplat titles should never go full exclusive to a platform. Bad things happen when they do (hi Tomb Raider)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would imply that other people were approached or asked but were rejected. Multiplat titles should never go full exclusive to a platform. Bad things happen when they do (hi Tomb Raider)
Once again it's a case by case basis and depends on the situation. Bayonetta 2 and 3, for example, would not exist if not for Nintendo funding it. Rise of the Tomb Raider was only made a timed exclusive that released on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, 2 months later on PC, then almost a year later on PS4. If Sony is funding this Silent Hill game then as a Xbox player I wish it was like the Rise of the Tomb Raider situation where it was only timed exclusive to the PS5. LOL

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup just saw that too ^^. Someone on Giant Bombcast 622 let that date slip too.