• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think this is anything?

• He's teasing something! I KNOW IT!

Votes: 181 23.1%
  • It's nothing.

Votes: 88 11.2%
  • It's something, but nothing exciting

Votes: 162 20.7%
  • You're all crazy

Votes: 94 12.0%
  • SIILLEEEENT HIIIIIILLLL

Votes: 259 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017

Er...so they tried buying the rights but failed?

My stab in the dark guess? Ito was on a new Silent Hill project, tried arguing to not use Pyramid Head anymore as a mascot because that defeats the purpose, lost the argument, and he is now Tweeting about Pyramid Head being "dead" in a figurative sense.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, spitballing here, but IF this is happening, what are the odds of a re-release of P.T or even a brand new P.T. demo on the day it is announced?

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Okey, at first I was sceptical.

Still am.

But this also goes hand in hand with the rumors that Sony has a new horror game in the works with a "very well respected horror game director".

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Please don't let Kojima write it.

Let him go balls to the walls with the horror scenarios, but for the love of God get someone with more subtly to do the writing and characters.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i love pyramid head even though he should be James' only, so I wouldnt even mind Kojima getting a take on him.

BUT I WANT A SH1 REMAKE

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
sony licenses silent hill from konami and hires kojipro to make the game?
like nintendo/sega/platinum for bayonetta 2 and 3

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Okey, at first I was sceptical.

Still am.

But this also goes hand in hand with the rumors that Sony has a new horror game in the works with a "very well respected horror game director".
Isn't that rumoured to be by Keiichiro Toyama (one of the creators of Silent Hill) and Japan Studios, as they are done with Gravity Rush.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

Well something is almost certainly happening on Monday. Maybe a PlayStation Event of some kind? This all kind of lines up, would be a hell of thing to announce along with your console, huh? Also, if I remember correctly Easy Allies also said they had a couple things under NDA. One of them likely being Call of Duty Battle Royale and the other being ???. Something is happening on Monday and it might just be the impossible.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Or one is an internal Konami thing and Toyama is headed to work with Kojima Productions.
I don't think Kojima would like to be shackled by the old vision. Meanwhile, Toyama is the father of Silent Hill, his game would be a literal return to the roots, in which Ito fits more nicely (he wasn't contacted for Silent Hills).

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone really wants Kojima to be the main writer behind it. Direction and production, sure. Guy is super passionate and has an eye for horror. He just needs someone to keep it in the realm of Silent Hill and rein him in from time to time.
I'm honestly not even sure about direction considering the tedium of DS. But sure, if there's someone there with a big enough will to make him back down on his stupider ideas then I can live with it. But forsure he shouldnt be writing much of anything.

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I don't think Kojima would like to be shackled by the old vision. Meanwhile, Toyama is the father of Silent Hill, his game would be a literal return to the roots, in which Ito fits more nicely (he wasn't contacted for Silent Hills).
Could just be producing or something while he's planning out his next project/working on expanding Kojima Productions. Wouldn't be totally surprising if they turned into a multi-game studio over the next couple of years.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
It's been mentioned before but March 4 is also the day Silent Hill 1 released in Japan.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

Well something is almost certainly happening on Monday. Maybe a PlayStation Event of some kind? This all kind of lines up, would be a hell of thing to announce along with your console, huh? Also, if I remember correctly Easy Allies also said they had a couple things under NDA. One of them likely being Call of Duty Battle Royale and the other being ???. Something is happening on Monday and it might just be the impossible.

The other one is FFVII, press got to play it like two weeks ago. Supposedly the embargo for that drops on Monday.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Impossiburu. I refuse to believe this.

But the hype is growing.

At the end it would be the announcement of DS for PC.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been mentioned before but March 4 is also the day Silent Hill 1 released in Japan.
ibm9ecyshnrypk0qqo.gif

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I love that when it comes to Kohima and his studio crazy speculation and theories are actually reasonable lol

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

FFVIIR has an embargo that lifts on Monday and Riot Games is announcing their new IP on Monday. All of those are the 2nd though, he mentioned the third. That, alongside what Gearbox said about Godfall and a few other things makes me think we're getting some event next week.

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
FFVIIR has an embargo that lifts on Monday and Riot Games is announcing their new IP on Monday. All of those are the 2nd though, he mentioned the third. That, alongside what Gearbox said about Godfall and a few other things makes me think we're getting some event next week.
Next week gonna be a fucking ride