• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think this is anything?

• He's teasing something! I KNOW IT!

Votes: 181 23.1%
  • It's nothing.

Votes: 88 11.2%
  • It's something, but nothing exciting

Votes: 162 20.7%
  • You're all crazy

Votes: 94 12.0%
  • SIILLEEEENT HIIIIIILLLL

Votes: 259 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Konami would be smart to tap Kojima Productions as the developer of a new SH game, considering Death Stranding did so well, and you'd most likely have Norman Reedus still involved. Fuck, bring Mads in, too.

I know I'm dreaming, so don't burst my bubble.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I could maybe buy that...

...if Christophe Gans wasn't already supposedly working on a new one. 😉
"supposedly"

giphy.gif

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
i figured this was teasing a Playstation "event" godfall news very soon and this saying next week, and horizon on pc popping up on amazon. next week they could have a video presentation and also kicking off PS5 info. would make sense to get PS5 info out before GDC but now GDC is looking like it'll be cancelled

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm. Someone a couple of months ago, made a post (now deleted) on r/SilentHill that Konami and Kojima were in talks do make Silent Hills...
people have been trying to rumor that for years. Most don't realize it anymore but the Silent Hill fanbase is completely rabid and loony.

theres a sizable group who were convinced death stranding was silent hills all along and everythings been a ploy since 2015.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been so long and my old brain is getting mushier and mushier, but was it ever specified if SILENT HILLS was a project Kojima actually sought out or something Konami initially saddled him with?

I'd assume the former, but I have no idea...
It probably was a Kojima passion project. Overall, there were issues on both sides of the aisle iirc. Konami was far worse in how they treated employees, in how they handled their restructuring, and handled Kojima. However, dude was a money sink to their preferences that eventually overtook what he was bringing in to the wrong people.

Now, Kojima gets to take his time and money to do what he wants with little interference, and Konami doesn't have to be shy of any financial risk in an industry they are lukewarm on at best.

But it's a pipe dream. Konami has had such a weird relationship with that IP that seems to go cold before it goes anywhere.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
On one of the last bombcasts they slipped up and said announcment on the 3rd but then it was quickly backtracked with a hard "no". Seemed fishy

Listen around 1:06:25

FWIW yesterday's Mario Maker stream had Jeff making fun of people assuming they know stuff about unannounced things, presumably in response to this, and Rorie has a track record of randomly assuming things.

I'm mostly saying this because I don't want them to get in trouble though

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I mean it's hard to deny the possibility of Silent Hill here. Maybe Konami made up with Hideo maybe possibly. Or they're just insinuating the next game is going to be a spiritual successor to Silent Hills. Definitely something here knowing how Hideo is known to play with us like this.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW yesterday's Mario Maker stream had Jeff making fun of people assuming they know stuff about unannounced things, presumably in response to this, and Rorie has a track record of randomly assuming things.

I'm mostly saying this because I don't want them to get in trouble though
I mean it could certainly be nothing. Could be a coverup. And it could be the day. Who knows..

I'm not getting excited until sony says something.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Konami arrived with flowers and a box of Ferrero Rocher at Kojima Productions, crying and begging Kojima to work on new Silent Hill starring Norman Reedus, Christian Bale and Meryl Streep.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
While I would certainly advise against getting your hopes up, and these "teases" are perhaps a bit of a stretch (though it's a known fact that Kojima & Co. do like to tease in this manner... check KojiPro-related social media accounts in the months leading up to PT's announcement and you'll see they did it back then too)... I genuinely believe that KojiPro could *possibly* be working on the next Silent Hill.

Konami seemingly has some interest in getting back into games. They're presumably aware that most of their bad blood with gamers is over Silent Hills' cancellation, so they have an obvious option for winning people back... make a new Silent Hill. But they don't have the staff to develop something like that internally, so they've gotta outsource it. However, they can't just outsource it to anybody, especially if it's supposed to be a make-good gesture for gamers... KojiPro's the obvious pick. And enough time has passed since their falling out to make working with Kojima not too tough of a pride pill to swallow. It could happen.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'd die of laughter and awe at the beautifully absurd impossibility of Silent Hill being developed by Kojima Productions.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima loves to announce his shit way too fucking early so I wouldnt be shocked if he announces something this year

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
So I looked up the brand of pencil he's holding and they definitely don't usually have the word PYRAMID printed on them.... Just saying.

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe
To be honest Hideo is the last one I'd want messing with the franchise.
Guy Cihi (the voice of James Sunderland) said that the voice casting for Silent Hill 2 made sure there wouldn't be any famous actors involved.
And Kojima not only would have used a celebrity's voice, but their entire model too.

This goes against Team Silent's vision.

I'll take whatever I can get for Silent Hill at this point, but I'm disappointed that such a guy will be in charge of the project.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On one hand im excited but the other hand if Kojima is involved we won't be seeing it for years

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Somebody check if PythonSelkan is ok.

(it would be the most pleasant surprise if they are able to do anything P.T. or Silent Hills related.)

Apr 27, 2018
You guys know what's interesting?
Silent Hill 1 came out in Japan on March 4, 1999.
That's a huge coincidence if I ever saw one.

Both IGN, and Gamespot are thinking this might be Silent Hills.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I do not dare to hope (SH2 is my top 5 of all time) but if it does happen and does not suck...2020 slightly redeemed.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
If KojiPro continues their relationship with Sony, I could see a bankroll/licensing situation happening quite easily with no need for an expensive IP purchase.

Take Crash Bandicoot, an Activision property, for example.

According to a Vicarious Visions dev recently, Sony was responsible for the Crash remakes to the point that they had to make their creative pitches to Sony instead of Activision's home office.

A KojiPro developed Silent Hill with a year or permanent exclusivity would be a huge deal and likely make a lot lot lot of money. I could see Sony biting on that.