• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think this is anything?

• He's teasing something! I KNOW IT!

Votes: 181 23.1%
  • It's nothing.

Votes: 88 11.2%
  • It's something, but nothing exciting

Votes: 162 20.7%
  • You're all crazy

Votes: 94 12.0%
  • SIILLEEEENT HIIIIIILLLL

Votes: 259 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I think they're teasing something, but focusing on the word "silent" seems like a huge stretch to me. The key part is just the "Next Week" on the notepad and that's about all I'd say.
Sure, but it's fun to speculate so why not buy into it a little bit. If they haven't talked about their next project anyway, why say "sorry to be silent". Plenty of other ways to say it.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Probably worth posting this interview here again:
www.resetera.com

Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa Tease New Kojima Productions Projects in a New Interview

https://www.dualshockers.com/kojima-productions-shinkawa-tease-projects-famitsu-interview/ interesting interview about KP's future, seems like their plan is to make one big game, and release smaller, possibly episodic titles while the big project is in development. They also talk about how they...
In here Kojima and Shinkawa were discussing potential projects in the future. The gist of it was while making a big game project they are also going to look into potentially more areas of expansion, they mentioned the creation of smaller titles to pad the time until the big game, they are also considering creation of anime, manga and movies. Regarding games they also said that they didn't think Death Stranding was weird enough and they wish to make even weirder games in the future.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Its not him

Its

Hideo-Kojima-Devil-May-Cry-Death-Stranding-Figure-Header.jpg

Kojimante
CAPGOD is BACK!!

Magnet

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe anyone thinks Kojima would ever work with Konami again. He's never going to work on the Silent Hill franchise unless Konami sells it. I'm sure he'd rather make a new horror IP for his company to own anyway.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Probably worth posting this interview here again:
www.resetera.com

Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa Tease New Kojima Productions Projects in a New Interview

https://www.dualshockers.com/kojima-productions-shinkawa-tease-projects-famitsu-interview/ interesting interview about KP's future, seems like their plan is to make one big game, and release smaller, possibly episodic titles while the big project is in development. They also talk about how they...
In here Kojima and Shinkawa were discussing potential projects in the future. The gist of it was while making a big game project they are also going to look into potentially more areas of expansion, they mentioned the creation of smaller titles to pad the time until the big game, they are also considering creation of anime, manga and movies. Regarding games they also said that they didn't think Death Stranding was weird enough and they wish to make even weirder games in the future.

I kinda fell off the Kojima wagon with DS but if he decides to start working on another anime visual novel like Snatcher/Policenauts I'm back on board

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
100% positive that we're getting some really really weird ass cryptic teaser trailer...
The new cycle of Kojima crazy marketing stunt ride is about to get started

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but probably not.

I think companies know that they can fuck with people on social media like this and take advantag.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I can't believe anyone thinks Kojima would ever work with Konami again. He's never going to work on the Silent Hill franchise unless Konami sells it. I'm sure he'd rather make a new horror IP for his company to own anyway.
This is from a Eurogamer report last month:

While it might seem preposterous that Konami would work with Kojima again following their public falling out a few years back, anonymous sources I trust have anecdotally intimated to me that over the last year or two, the ice has thawed between them.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So Hideo wants to make a horror game and now there is a teaser with the words "silent" and "pyramid"?
Yeah, Silent Hills is not gonna happen because that would be way too obvious.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like most signs point to his next project being a horror title, no? Silent Hill branding or not, I think Kojima is at his best when he's unshackled by the baggage of an established series so I'd almost be more excited if this wasn't Silent Hills Electric Boogaloo.
Silent Hills was probably gonna be a reboot anyway

also Silent Hill isn't Metal Gear and honestly doesnt actually even have any real rules. Everything is subjective and surreal. Shattered Memories and 4 broke every rule possible besides "atleast mention the town itself"

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Who uses pencils nowadays though. They sought out a Pyramid branded pencil to use in the pic. Also, it just so happens to be turned perfectly towards the camera? So that it can be found if someone zoomed in? #It'sHappening

Also:

latest

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Masahiro Ito is also working on a mystery project that he 'hopes won't get cancelled'.
Pleaaassse be the same project!

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Plot twist: Kojima is actually directing a new Silent Hill...movie.

I dunno, it's probably the Death Stranding PC date or something like that.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I wish I could vote for multiple things, because I love the deep dive into thinking it's Silent Hill that I voted for it, but I think you're crazy for pointing out the "hint." XD

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Hm. Someone a couple of months ago, made a post (now deleted) on r/SilentHill that Konami and Kojima were in talks do make Silent Hills...

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really feel like it might be silent hill. Maybe a co-funded project between sony and konami like street fighter v?

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
JFC...

You're really going to do this crap, eh? Ok. Why then did you ignore the follow-up tweet that included the words "Still Alive" in it?

Still Alive being the popular ending theme to Portal, a game developed by Valve Software. Valve Software are known for their hardware innovations.

"Head of Communications" Hm... what's that make you think of? Yes, talking! Audio! Games have sound! Know what else makes sound? Mouths. Mouths speak words.

Thus it's OBVIOUS that Kojima Productions are working on a Portal 3 that you control with only your tongues.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just all agree it's Silent Hill and talk about it constantly and will it into existence.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
JFC...

You're really going to do this crap, eh? Ok. Why then did you ignore the follow-up tweet that included the words "Still Alive" in it?

Still Alive being the popular ending theme to Portal, a game developed by Valve Software. Valve Software are known for their hardware innovations.

"Head of Communications" Hm... what's that make you think of? Yes, talking! Audio! Games have sound! Know what else makes sound? Mouths. Mouths speak words.

Thus it's OBVIOUS that Kojima Productions are working on a Portal 3 that you control with only your tongues.

Are... are you having a bad day?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see a working relationship between Kojima and Konami now that he's independent of their BS and most of their constraints, and they don't have to fund the extended and probably protracted development of whatever he cooks up.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I can see a working relationship between Kojima and Konami now that he's independent of their BS and most of their constraints, and they don't have to fund the extended and probably protracted development of whatever he cooks up.

It's been so long and my old brain is getting mushier and mushier, but was it ever specified if SILENT HILLS was a project Kojima actually sought out or something Konami initially saddled him with?

I'd assume the former, but I have no idea...

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be first in line for a KojiPro horror game. No Norman Reedus though. No offense, but we got enough of him to last a while over the past few years.

evilromero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a business, not a friendship. It wouldn't surprise me if Konami contracts Kojima for work. Not saying it'll happen but wouldn't surprise me.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind getting game reveals early but I don't have a particular need to see Kojima's next game teaser trailer this year since we are gonna have a massive blowout of next-gen related announcements. And if Kojima were to tease something new so soon after DS launch (next week), they probably wouldn't have more substantial than a project title tease. It's probably about the Death Stranding PC port if they're releasing new info next week.

Oct 31, 2017
I would be very surprised if they're working on something SH related considering what happened between Konami and Kojima.