• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think this is anything?

• He's teasing something! I KNOW IT!

Votes: 181 23.1%
  • It's nothing.

Votes: 88 11.2%
  • It's something, but nothing exciting

Votes: 162 20.7%
  • You're all crazy

Votes: 94 12.0%
  • SIILLEEEENT HIIIIIILLLL

Votes: 259 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I searched up and down to see if a thread was made on this. As far as I can tell.... No. I probably missed something, point me in the direction and I'll merge the thread, but I really tried to find if one existed to no avail.

So this was posted on Twitter:

And quickly people noticed a few things about this tweet.

rrAYDbI.png

So the Notepad in the picture says next week. So that may or may not be teasing something soon, but is it a notable tease? Well, it's a notebook tease, but is a notebook noteable? Further down the rabbit hole, the wording and specifically the word "Silent" in it caught people's eyes, and the pencil has a "Pyramid" pointed towards the camera in the shot.

And I just wanted to make a thread to ask Era: So, is Kojima Productions teasing something?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Am I dumb? That isn't Kojima is it? He doesn't look the same but all the responses are acting like it's him.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well, Kojima himself has been writing something. He has tweeted about it several times since new years.
I LOVE Death Stranding. Can't wait to see what's next!

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
That's not Kojima.

Also, aren't they doing DLC for DS or something? It's probably that.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like most signs point to his next project being a horror title, no? Silent Hill branding or not, I think Kojima is at his best when he's unshackled by the baggage of an established series so I'd almost be more excited if this wasn't Silent Hills Electric Boogaloo.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
It'd be crazy if he could use the money he made on death stranding to take the silent hill ip (or license to it) and make silent hills.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
!!!!

Please, my heart cannot take any more of this.

I don't know if it's related, but IF they are indeed working on a new Silent HIll game, is it possible that Toriyama is involved too given that he's been reported as working on a new horror game for Sony? And Masahiro Ito? This would be a dream come true, holy shit!

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Y'know what, fuck it. I'll bite. It's way more fun if I do. It wouldn't surprise me if Konami didn't fund a Silent Hill title but lends the IP to Sony/Kojima Productions. Why not, right? They get paid for basically nothing.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Its clearly teasing something for next week.
Either the PC port or something new, but i dont see why Aki would talk about being so busy and vague on an already announced port.

Feb 5, 2020
The pyramid pencil and his "Working on the next project" tweet from a while back having a picture of a desert makes me think whatever this game is takes place in a desert.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill would be nice. It would also leave them open to mercenary work like Platinum.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Its clearly teasing something for next week.
Either the PC port or something new, but i dont see why Aki would talk about being so busy and vague on an already announced port.
Release date maybe?

Though I agree, it seems more likely they would hype an upcoming announcement for a new project.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Why would he need the IP?
He can go on and make the Silent Hills he was working on and call it something else. Konami could do nothing about it, and I doubt the IP itself would really boost sales significantly, at least not by an amount it's worth buying the IP for.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I think they're teasing something, but focusing on the word "silent" seems like a huge stretch to me. The key part is just the "Next Week" on the notepad and that's about all I'd say.

Callum

Oct 27, 2017
I voted "it's nothing" but thinking about it the "next week" is definitely something, I just highly doubt it'll be anything Silent Hill related, as sad as I am about the death of Silent Hills, I think the best we can hope for is Kojima making a horror game