• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Out of curiosity I've just been looking on ebay and Xbox series X is going from bids start at £450 to buy it now at £999 and everywhere in between.
I imagine ps5 will be the same.

Although I would really love to get both of the next gen consoles I would never dare to risk it or justify/encourage buying from ebay from people who've bagged a preorder just to make a profit.

That being said, I imagine some people will, or there wouldn't be a market.
What say you, Era?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm scalping an extra PS5 I have to another member here ... at cost. :)

I wouldn't buy one at a higher price, it's not like waiting is gonna hurt you that much.

Oct 25, 2017
hell naw. if you think you want it its just FOMO talking, resist the weakness and wait, theyll be everywhere in time

Oct 25, 2017
Thats gonna be a no for me dawg.

I don't intend to purchase a new console until 2021 at the earliest, I just don't see anything on them that I have to have day one.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. Whether I play Demons Souls in November or in January really doesn't matter at all.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nope and I'm side eyeing the fuck outta anyone pulling that shit in the WTB/WTS thread too (along with the 3080 sellers).

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
I got one for a buddy and he's telling me his coworker wants to buy it for an extra $250

Not sure how to feel.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Never but we all know it happens. This is why nobody should be allowed to buy more than one system on the same day.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
I think scalpers make more off of parents scrambling to get one for the holidays than the hardcore crowd..one of the thrills for , me at least, is getting one for MSRP when it's so hard to find .

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
I survived the Switch shortage of the Animal Crossing hype and managed to cop one for my SO.
Scalpers are lame, dont fund them, be patient!

hunnies28

Sep 16, 2020
I've been trained in the secret art of nintendo limited editions. I can wait a bit to buy it retail.

Oct 25, 2017
There are going to be a lot of "No" replies from members who are opposed to the practice in principle, but have either already purchased on eBay or plan to do so because they don't want to wait.

You know who you are.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Whenever I hear this "Parents buy from scalpers" take I ask myself: Damn those kids must be really spoiled.
Maybe . But also could be like a friend of mine growing up . He never got anything during the year except for Christmas and his birthday and that was a week after Christmas . Now he's the most patient layed back person I know , no matter how much he wants something it's just like "Eh I'll get it at some point " . Not saying that it's common but possible

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I have a backup ps5 and Series x preorder, hopefully I can get a ship date from Walmart or target before the other ships so I can cancel. If I end up getting charged for both then I'll see if anyone local wants it if not then tbh I'll probably sell it online. I have to get mine first though so I haven't put anything on sale yet or told any friends I have an extra, I'll feel stupid if I owe someone a console and end up not getting mine because one is canceled.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Nope!

Somehow managed to snag two PS5 disc consoles. Both are going to be used until they crap out on me and the family 10 years from now.

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I live in Japan so pretty much no other option but to buy from scalpers. As of today, it's still impossible to buy a PS4 Pro or a Switch at the manufacturer's asking price on Amazon or any of the big electronic stores. If you want to buy from one of these stores at the official price you literally have to win a lottery, that happens every 2-3 months...

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The games aren't going anywhere and I have plenty of games to keep me occupied across many earlier generations of hardware. I can wait since I don't want to support this practice.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Nope, I can wait a few months to buy a PS5, I've got more than enough games to play even without it.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
No, but I am selling my extra pre-order to a friend at normal cost. Fuck modern day scalping.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ngl, I saw the prices the XSX preorders were going for on eBay and seriously considered selling mine.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Scalpers are chuds. I'd rather wait until they're more readily available than buy one off of some price gouging jackhole.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
I have a friend of a friend who is an actual scalper/upseller. My friend offered to convince him to sell me the console for market price, no higher. I'm morally conflicted.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
as long as people keep buying them, they will keep doing it so.... if you dislike scalping, put your money where your mouth is

even "average" price is absurd to me let alone someone wanting to charge four times more cause they were lucky enough to steal the orders from other people

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I'm not buying a new console, but I wouldn't even consider it.

I've never bought anything from a scalper, and I never will. It sucks when I occasionally can't get a collector's edition of a game, but don't support that crap.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
No. I'll just wait until I can easily just get one. I can wait. Let it build up a good bunch of games and firmware patches and updates etc. Be my first PlayStation I have not been there at launch for but that's okay.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Hell no, and please don't do this.
I was able to preorder three consoles. Gave two pre orders away for the regular price. I wouldn't wanna be stolen by someone blind so I don't practice this kind of bs. Fck scalpers!

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Why pay £999 for one from a scalper when I could then pick up both the PS5 and XSX for less than that. I'm happy to be patient as my Pro and Switch will keep me entertained for a while.