• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you plan to get one of the consoles?

• I plan to get a PS5

Votes: 106 54.1%
  • I plan to get a XSX

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • No, I'm good with my PC upgrades.

Votes: 75 38.3%

• Total voters

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
If you are planning to get a 3080 do you plan to get one of the consoles? If so why? Or why not? I'm having a hard time justifying a purchase of either at the moment due to a lot of the games eventually being released on PC. So are the exclusives strong enough to pull you over? or just pure excitement of new hardware?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya for sure. One is PC and the other console. They have a ton of very specific NON-overlap. The card isn't my defining feature for that

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've been planning to combo a 3080 with a PS5, but I may not rush into the PS5 anymore. This holiday season being so packed with games I'm not even sure I'd have time to replay Demon's Souls or dig into Miles.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still getting the PS5. I prefer to play multiplayer and sports games on console. I don't think that'll ever change for me. Plus the exclusives.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Getting a 3080 or 3070. Good chance I'll get a Zen 3 CPU as well. Passing on both consoles at launch, but I'm getting both new controllers.

Asmar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to hear from people who have very capable PCs and going to buy either console at launch, it doesn't make sense to me.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Getting both new consoles. I have like 300 digital Xbox games and God of War is one of my favorite IPs. Plus, I put my PC in my office to double as a workstation and the consoles in the living room for when I feel like couch gaming.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm getting an RTX 3080 and a PS5. I spent most of my time on PC, but there are certain types of games I prefer on console.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Copping a ps5 and because I like the exclusives Sony has. Also a huge MLB The Show fan. Going to try to pick up a 3080 tonight/tomorrow.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting both PS5 and XSX. PS5 for Sony exclusives, and XSX since I have Game Pass Ultimate. Both for media capabilities and UHD.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Yep, getting a 3080 and still need a ps5 for the exclusives.

Even if it's just timed exclusives, I'm not really willing to wait 6-12 months to play a game I really want to play.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I was going with an 3080 and a PS5, but i don't know what i will do now. Probably only 3080.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I intend to buy a 3090 but I will be buying a PSV most likely as well just for exclusives. I need my Demon's Souls. If it's the only game I play on the console in its entire lifespan I'll be fine with the purchase.

I simply will buy the boxes that play the games I want to play; my PC captures most of those, which means a PSV covers pretty much everything else.

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
There was a day or two where i was torn when i saw the series S price. But it's PS5 and 3080 for me. It's just the best of everything that way.

ShimmyShakes

Nov 1, 2017
PS5 for exclusives and couch gaming, XSS for GamePass couch games (in other living room), 3080 for my "mouse + keyboard" games.

SmashYoBuns

Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I missed out on the PS4 this gen and there's a lot of exclusive games I want to play that aren't available on PC like Spider-Man. I'm a huge fan so it just makes sense for me. Also helps that PS Plus sub comes with all those exclusives too.

gillian03

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not gonna purchase the 3080, and instead I'll be purchasing the 3070. I do shoot and edit media. Graphics acceleration helps speed up some of the work.

I like the exclusives on the PS5. I'm excited for Demon's Soul, Ratchet, and Spiderman.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
PS5 for Exclusives and Backwards Compatibility
XBSX for Backwards Compatibility and I can't come up with a good other reason but I swear it's there somewhere

Chapo

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Getting both, but definitely not at launch. They would literally be collecting dust for about 6 months-1 year.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Well I play certain games on PC and certain games on console. My GTX 1080 is starting to show its age, so it is time for an upgrade. I'll give you an example though of a game series I started to play on PC, and I am now switching back. Because of Origin Access Premier, a few of my friends and I switched from playing FIFA on console to playing it on PC. Two years we've played on PC, and this year we're switching back to console because it takes longer to find matches, and the FUT transfer market is more inflated price wise than on console.

Having the most powerful gaming computer will not make my experience playing FIFA better for example, in fact it is for me the inferior experience. So sometimes you just have to have both I guess.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Got a PS5 pre-ordered, but may sell it for a 3070.

Second batch of PS5 units comes in and I'll buy that.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Damn, all you mofos are really trying to give me a headache tracking down a PS5 come November. Best Buy and Walmart are tripping. I can't be happy for anyone right now until I secure my own.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Now that I'm seeing a lot of the exclusives heading to PC I'm a bit unsure... But something about console gaming is still alluring. Planning to get a 4K tv, while my PC monitor is just 1440p so having a sit back and relax kinda gaming experience with the PS5 does seem attractive

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get a PS5 sometime next year or the year after when more people have it. I like to have a PS console in the living room for when people come over for Fifa.