• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So in the original WW you got the Tingle Tuner. A weird little co-op/shop thing you could use with the GBA connector cable.
zZDsDy1Z7kA9oLvqkbvYfscHySBi41-C-fGUq5nYXDCs105byevDr6Aw3scPSFPT3fEoU9sCa7ibhk9hOMfc2Sl5bb9uR1dG5J3wuY0NWFr5uC5lmUjc6gbumRijjuvn

Since that wasn't a thing on Wii U it was replaced with the Tingle Bottle in WWHD. Which let you send messages via Miiverse.
maxresdefault.jpg

But with Miiverse dead and no GBA connector obviously what should they do if we ever get a WWHD port for Switch?

Replace it with something else? Just cut it entirely? Just something I was wondering the other day.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might as well just remove it.

And Tingle too while you're at it.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Go back to the visual style of the original Gamecube version instead of the over bright bloomy style of the remake.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
They can keep the messages, just not have it go through Mii Verse. Splatoon 2 still lets people write/draw messages.

Dant21

Apr 24, 2018
Re-implement the GBA Tingle Tuner. If you have the Gamecube controller adapter for Smash, and a GBA-Gamecube link cable, and a GBA, you can use it again, lol.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should turn it into a Dark-Souls-style soapstone that lets you engrave a message anywhere for other players to see.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Go back to the visual style of the original Gamecube version instead of the over bright bloomy style of the remake.
I dunno, I thing that WW HD looks better and more vibrant, if something they should change the rendering in the shadow areas to be more consistent and tone down the ambient occlusion on Link.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
You could still do the tingle bottle, I don't see the problem other than miiverse not being a thing, having messages in bottles would still be fun.

May 15, 2019
Ideally they'd do a companion phone app for the Tingle Tuner, maybe even through the existing Switch Online app, but I doubt Nintendo would bother. At the very least you should be able to connect a second Switch locally for it, there's zero reason all of that content ever should have been removed on the Wii U. The GamePad was such an obvious fit for the Tinge Tuner while the player used a Pro Controller, I will never understand why they just axed it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It should work the same as Miiverse but without Miiverse.

This

The Miiverse stuff is the sole reason I bothered with the Pictobox, and I loved the communal feeling there was from it. It was also minimally Tingle.

In hindsight it is kinda hilarious that they removed the dual screen functionality from the game when it came time to port it to a system built around dual screens, though

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
What exactly stops them from including it?

It's not like it's drastically different from a game like Dark Souls or even Nier Automata. All Miiverse really was was a game-specific social media feed. Nothing about the Tingle bottle actually relied on that aspect - it's just shareable user content. You could still draw notes via the touch screen or something.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Replace it with an HD Rumble stone of agony or something. Add some weird items to find in the world, and you can only use the hd rumble feature to find em.