• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 6, 2020
Amazing 2 is so good.

Emma and Andrew are incredible. The swinging is amazing. Little banter moments like the fireman's hat, awesome. There is definitely a bit of a Joel Schumaker tone to parts, especially in the Electro torture scenes, but I forgive it because it's fun in small doses. I can ignore the parent stuff. The final scene with the kid -- love it. I just wish they really had gone with a third.

Edit: I forgot Dane DeHaan. yeah, that depiction sucked. Franco is the GOAT Harry.

I just watched Tobey 3 with my son and yeah... it just reminds me how little I like the Peter / MJ personalities in the Raimi trilogy.

I will yell out loud in my theater if Topher Grace shows up in No Way Home

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate the montage scene where they play that Phillip Phillips song as he's piecing together stuff about his parents. I hate it enough that it's all I think about when I think about this movie and just can't get over it, even though some stuff was cool and the Gwen stuff was heavy. It's just so jarring and random and out of place.

FOR YOUU

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
TAS2 was trash and I laughed at Gwen dying in theater

that said I recently rewatched Raimi SM3 and it aged well? like the ridiculousness of it kinda works with an established MCU lol. the MJ/Peter relationship is just hella disturbing in this trilogy

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Folks if the Amazing films were good we'd have more of them.

Last I time checked neither film had Hero by Chad Kroger and neither film has Zendaya as MJ so that's two strikes against it

But for real all the backlash does intrigue me I'll give it a watch one of these days

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Doing an old Spidey rewatch and I still cry at the end when the kid puts on the mask. I'm a huge Spidey dork though. Movies rough in a lot of places but there's a weird heart that makes me love it in a way.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Rewatched this last Night. And besides the opening scene and the obvious villian baiting scene it's actually a pretty solid movie. The action and cinematography is really solid.

My only real complaint is that if you wanted to do Green Goblin the way they did, they needed to commit with the makeup and have him team up with Electro. They did neither.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Rewatched it this week, hadn't seen it in years. Honestly it holds up!!! I think I enjoyed it more than Amazing 1

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Folks it's easily the best comic book version of the character

It's visually incredible
Best Spidey suit
The score is mint
Andrew Garfield is Peter he is Spider-Man
Emma Stone is Gwen the perfect Gwen

We can talk about the periphery problems with the parents and rushing of Harry

But every action piece is incredible, Electro was an interesting approach with some gorgeous effects and a feast of a final confrontation

And that clocktower scene is probably one of the best comic book movie scenes ever, just a devastatingly beautiful scene that perfectly captures the comic source, the web morphing into a hand, that visceral snap that you just felt. Good lord

Fuck it this movie (and honestly ASM 1 too) has aged so well while legit the Raimi ones have not, the pacification and subjugation of MJ to be Peter's faildamsel with little agency of her own is just oof... Gwen is Peter's intellectual superior here, she's got agency for days

This movie was beautiful where it needed to be beautiful

It is my favorite Spider-Man movie.

Ok you can boo me now.

I agree with you, honestly. I loved both Garfield Spider-Mans, and I wish we'd gotten that Sinister Six third film. I know everyone disagrees, I get it, and I love the Tom Holland movies too, but ASM 1&2 do some wonderful things with the character.

People blame too many villains for ASM2's weaknesses, but Rhino and Electro are just there to represent Spider-Man doing his day job. They're background to show how Peter is burning the candle at both ends, trying to reconcile his daily life with his SM side-gig. Harry's GG is the real threat, and he straddles the line between Peter's identities: the problem is less that Peter is always on call for heroism, and more that sometimes both lives cross over; just like so many of the best SM villains.

The CGI is still incredibly beautiful, and puts a lot of more recent movies to shame. It's distressing to realise how old this movie is, and how far back CGI quality has regressed since.

For the record, I don't like the Raimi movies, because despite the good stuff, I never enjoyed McGuire in the role.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ive always said andrew garfields spiderman is the best. Its everything else around his spidwrman that isnt as good. And his peter parker is too cool

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching 2. They are flawed, but entertaining, and beautiful. Really liked Garfield as Spidey and Peter.

Now to Holland Spider-Man.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it for the first time. It was a lot of fun. Visually great, with good action. Garfields Spiderman feels dominant. Feels like he'd easily be Avengers leader tier from day 1.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been putting off watching this even though I really enjoy ASM1, but I finally watched ASM2 last night and it was pretty rotten. I still love Andrew and Emma, and they're both wonderful in this, but everything else was a mess. Way too many half baked plots. Spidey suit was a terrible downgrade from the ASM1 suit, it looked like something I'd buy at Spirit Halloween. The score really missed James Horner. Harry felt like an afterthought flying in after the climactic battle with Electro just to rush Gwen's death. So much wasted potential.

Can was please get Emma and Andrew back for a Spider Gwen Disney+ series?

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't have even commented if you just mentioned liking the movie, hell I like bad movies too. However, then you had to go and talk shit about Raimi's flicks.

You have gone too far.

I think those 100+ horror movies last October fucked with your brain or something. You need to take it back and get a new one.

did you have covid?

because you have no taste

Cotdayum