• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Like a lot of people here, I'm in lockdown since mid march (I'm from France, near Paris). I've got 3 kids and it's not always easy to entertain them, so I came with this idea of doing a lego stop motion movie with them.
So, almost 2 months later, here it is : "confined raiders of the lost ark", please tell me what you think about it :)

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Really creative and funny obstacles you made for him! The cinematic framing of the shots were nice too, as were the sound effects! The shaky cam made me a little dizzy though, haha

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That was very entertaining lol, loved the sound effects and him reaching back to get the hat

OP
OP
Herb Alpert

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Really creative and funny obstacles you made for him! The cinematic framing of the shots were nice too, as were the sound effects! The shaky cam made me a little dizzy though, haha

Yeah I agree but I made this without any tripod so it's way more shaky than what I would have liked...
I used my phone btw, so cinematography is a little Wtf sometimes lol.

Also video editing was made on the spot, I only edited the sound design.

Also thanks everyone for the kind words !

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Dude. That was baller.

I loved the end sequence with the boulder/soccer ball. Indy catching some serious air down that second flight of stairs.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
this was better than the new star wars films. every single one of them.

Amazing effort and you FINISHED IT! so good.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
That was freaking great, congratulations on finishing it, hope you all had a blast making it.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Dude that is fantastic! Well done!

Also I'm sitting with my wee boy who's a bit unwell right now and can't sleep and shown him and it's really cheered him up. So thanks :D

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty impressive, but also a really cute thing to do with your kids. What was their favorite part of working on it?

OP
OP
Herb Alpert

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Thanks everyone :)

That was pretty impressive, but also a really cute thing to do with your kids. What was their favorite part of working on it?

They loved to record their voices for the little girl bedroom sequence.
It was mostly my 10 year old who helped and brought ideas, as the other 2 are still young (8 and 5).
My son wanted to show the town he built in his bedroom, that's the sequence with the elevator and trolley buses, which seems a little bit out of place imo but he was very adamant for doing this.
My 8 year girl helped when we had too much things to move, like for the end sequence and the enraged tribe.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Says video unavailable for me in the uk :(

Edit: Scrap that, copied and pasted the link into a new tab and it worked, great video :D

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Very fun! You should post this on the r/quarantineactivities subreddit to give it some more exposure

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Mate this is amazing. It got better and more creative as it went on too - genuinely had me laughing and smiling all the way through. Hats off to you.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoaaa this made my day. Some really slick filmmaking on the real. The magnets room was my fav part.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
Wow that soccer ball was an asshole!

Really impressive how it turned. Congrats on following through.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
That is completely amazing.

The only criticism is maybe double or even tripple the amount of pics taken, since it does move *really* fast at times.

But other than that I got nothing, since you and your kids can apparently run circles around me when it comes to ideas, creativity and talent.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's actually really creative how you handled the set-piece with the boulder. There was some actual intensity in that. I love art like this that can rise above the limitations of the tools it was made with. Amazing job.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Came in expecting Requiem for a Tuesday, left throughly impressed. Great work!

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Way better than I honestly expected. Haha. I got really into it.

Loved his smug little face.
And I laughed aloud when the knives were shot at him in the kitchen and when he got his hat.

The chase on the city rug was clever.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
It's given me a bit of motion sickness, so I'm temporarily paused half way through, but even so I've been enjoying it! The
cops coming
made me laugh, that was a great gag.

EDIT: Alright, saw the whole thing. Fantastic finale. Sequel please and thank you.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
It was very creative! Maybe invest in an Amazon basics phone tripod for the sequel to help with the framing (I know budgets for movies seem to grow exponentially with sequels). I'm sure it was a great bonding experience with your kids though.

OP
OP
Herb Alpert

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
It was very creative! Maybe invest in an Amazon basics phone tripod for the sequel to help with the framing (I know budgets for movies seem to grow exponentially with sequels). I'm sure it was a great bonding experience with your kids though.

That's what I wanted to do at the begining of the lockdown but I changed my mind because I thought there were more important stuff to deliver, with the whole country completely blocked I didn't want to clutter the channels with "useless" packages.
That said, I'll probably get one when this shit will be over, cause I tried to make one with the stuff I had at my disposal at home and didn't succeed at all lol.