• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should I play the rest of MGSV?

• Yes

Votes: 194 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 78 19.9%
  • 100% it

Votes: 58 14.8%
  • Play The Quiet Man Instead

Votes: 62 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
What the flying fuck was that
Was that a fire whale
Did Kiefer Sutherland get double pay for voicing two characters for ten seconds
Was the massive headache I got from the lack of caffeine or my brain trying to process this whole sequence and failing

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Was that a fire whale
Was the massive headache I got from the lack of caffeine or my brain trying to process this whole sequence and failing
...Did you play Ground Zeroes?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of the game story/setpiece wise.

Gameplay gets better but there's really not too many more cool scripted parts like that

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had the same exact reaction. The entire time I was just sitting there wondering what was going on. It dragged on forever too.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy the story while you can before it falls off a cliff, never to be seen again.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you enjoyed what you got Kiefer's voice because you aren't going to be hearing it a whole lot for a long while.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much most of the interesting stuff in the game.

Deleted member 19213

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kojima is nuts

I was enthralled by the intro, but unfortunately, I felt the game's story was ... well, bad lol.

With that said, Kojima knows how to make immersive gameplay and interactive sequences. There's some awesome moments in that game, imo. If you're trying to understand the story... honestly, don't bother. It's not worth investing time into, imo. Most MGS stories are completely insane

OP
OP

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I also went in blind because Metal Gear games besides Rising never really grabbed me, but I took a flier on it cause it was cheap

But I definitely wasn't expecting this mad shit - not gonna lie if this is the kind of batshit madness Kojima rolls with now then I'm kinda digging it

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
3D596800FBAF7491949930CDB277D49BC40D5250

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Quit while you're ahead, or accept the fact that you've just experienced 90% of the storytelling content of the game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Was that a fire whale

Don't worry, Bronson. The game is never that interesting again for the entire rest of the story.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I also went in blind because Metal Gear games besides Rising never really grabbed me, but I took a flier on it cause it was cheap

But I definitely wasn't expecting this mad shit - not gonna lie if this is the kind of batshit madness Kojima rolls with now then I'm kinda digging it
Oh. Play MGS4 or something because Phantom Pain is more a game and less Kojima being a college film student than his games normally are, Phantom Pain front loads a lot of it in that sequence.

How about that buttcrack through the hospital gown though.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love that opening.

Enjoy the first main mission too, it's probably the best Metal Gear gaming segment ever.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

MGSV is the only one that has a really limited amount of story content, but it does have the best gameplay of the series by far. The game is still amazing all things considered, but the lack of story really hurt it.

Play MGS3 at least if you want some classic Kojima!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know go play Metal gear solid 1 and then Metal gear solid 3 and you can probably ignore the rest of the series. Okay well play acid then the rest can go in the trash.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont worry.

All your questions will be answered in its totally satisfying and complete story.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
There was so much symbolism, signifiers and signified that I think Kojima got drunk while reading a book on semiotics before he wrote it.