• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I don't think, anymore, that I'm a sane or sensible person. I don't even think anything like therapy could fix this. Fighting games have broke me.

Let me fill people in on this thread:

Yes, it's the same guy.

OP has had a history of this for a long time now. This isn't OP's first account either lol, this is their second one I believe. They've posted about it multiple times before, always seeks advice from others but then completely ignores it. You can see a recent example here:
I hate putting people on blast like this, but you have a consistent history of complaining about losing at fighting games and consistently talk about how you physically abuse yourself over losing. You have posted about it a ton of times now on a different account with a similar name, multiple people even in this thread recognize who you are dude. Please, get some sort of help regarding this.

I genuinely think you need to quit fighting games for sake of your health, man. Please do yourself that favor, it's better than always getting so angry over losing a game and physically abusing yourself over this. If you want to be a "Pro" or "Competitive Player" in this game space, you need to be okay with losing and understanding why you lost. There's no excuses in a LAN environment besides your own inputs and errors. The "best" excuse you can ever use is the internet lagging if you're not on wired connection however you play video games.

Last edited:

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have a proper competitive mind set and you are not going to have it anytime soon it just doesn't magically start.

That's ok it's not ment for everyone, step away from it, seek help and find a new hobby that brings you happiness and less stress. Your history of post are self destructive.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ERKdPyaXUAw52k1.jpg
lmao

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I don't get it. It's just a game. They're supposed to be fun. Step away.

Oct 25, 2017
I have an honest question that I really want to ask without being judgemental or hurtful.

Should users who've asked for their account to be closed several times over have a new account set up? What are the steps or general process around this currently?

Happy to hear from a mod or an admin about what the expectations are from the perspective of how the site should be run rather than in Kalma's case itself.

I personally feel that users should not be allowed to set up new accounts having asked for one to be closed, and I definitely wouldn't expect that to happen within the space of a few months. Are account closures being used instead of requesting temporary bans?

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think, anymore, that I'm a sane or sensible person. I don't even think anything like therapy could fix this. Fighting games have broke me.
"Fix" or "cure" are loaded terms in general when it comes to mental health, but therapy can absolutely help this to the point where you can get control of it and the rest of your life. Going to therapy doesn't mean you've hit rock bottom contrary to what you think, and keep in mind it can take some time to find a therapist who clicks with you.

It's clear you have a pattern on here, I think you really should take a break from both fighting games and Resetera. Especially when you tend to not get involved in your own personal threads and don't take advice. I'm guessing you won't read this or post in here again but please get help man.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

Yes, it's the same guy.

OP has had a history of this for a long time now. This isn't OP's first account either lol, this is their second one I believe. They've posted about it multiple times before, always seeks advice from others but then completely ignores it. You can see a recent example here:
I hate putting people on blast like this, but you have a consistent history of complaining about losing at fighting games and consistently talk about how you physically abuse yourself over losing. You have posted about it a ton of times now on a different account with a similar name, multiple people even in this thread recognize who you are dude. Please, get some sort of help regarding this.

I genuinely think you need to quit fighting games for sake of your health, man. Please do yourself that favor rather, it's better than always getting so angry over losing a game and physically abusing yourself over this. If you want to be a "Pro" or "Competitive Player" in this game space, you need to be okay with losing and understanding why you lost. There's no excuses in a LAN environment besides your own inputs and errors. The "best" excuse you can ever use is the internet lagging if you're not on wired connection however you play video games.
Wow... that is some self abuse OP is doing...

OP, step away from fighting games (or maybe games in general) and see some help, because if this causes you to break down, it's not healthy period.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, it's the same guy.

I genuinely think you need to quit fighting games for sake of your health, man. Please do yourself that favor, it's better than always getting so angry over losing a game and physically abusing yourself over this. If you want to be a "Pro" or "Competitive Player" in this game space, you need to be okay with losing and understanding why you lost. There's no excuses in a LAN environment besides your own inputs and errors. The "best" excuse you can ever use is the internet lagging if you're not on wired connection however you play video games.
Well that certainly adds some context.......OP needs to play a different genre of games and relax.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Wow... that is some self abuse OP is doing...

OP, step away from fighting games (or maybe games in general) and see some help, because if this causes you to break down, it's not healthy period.

That's the thing, though.

OP consistently does this and people even in this thread recognize this and pointed this out. OP time and time again loses in fighting games because it seems that they're not very good despite the fact they put the time in which is understandably frustrating. However, they get so emotionally distraught over this that they literally physically abuse themselves and have posted about it here. Then when they post about it, they ask for advice and then they ignore every single kind word / piece of advice that one could post here and then weeks, months later they post about this, again. I don't want to seem like the bad person here but I wanted to add context so people don't think this is a first time occurrence.

Clearly, fighting games is not for them despite wanting to be a Pro Player in the FGC space. There's a lot that goes into being a Pro outside of being able to handle losses, you have to worry about how you carry yourself and all of that which I won't list cause I'm obviously not a Pro Player lol but still it's one of those things you can understand looking from the outside in.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I like this little bit you added so you could pre-negate all the comments flooding in telling you to go to therapy, cuz you knew they would come.
I'm starting to see a trend with users in this board that constantly create "cry for help" threads, so they can just vent, and then move on like nothing happened.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Have a chill backup game you can play when you start to get tilted. Minecraft is a good one.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Well that certainly adds some context.......OP needs to play a different genre of games and relax.

Yep, look at my comment about why posted the context here:

OP consistently does this and people even in this thread recognize this and pointed this out. OP time and time again loses in fighting games because it seems that they're not very despite the fact they put the time in which is understandably frustrating. However, they get so emotionally distraught over this that they literally physically abuse themselves and have posted about it here. Then when they post about it, they ask for advice and then they ignore every single kind word / piece of advice that one could post here and then weeks, months later they post about this, again. I don't want to seem like the bad person here but I wanted to add context so people don't think this is a first time occurrence.

Clearly, fighting games is not for them despite wanting to be a Pro Player in the FGC space. There's a lot that goes into being a Pro outside of being able to handle losses, you have to worry about how you carry yourself and all of that which I won't list cause I'm obviously not a Pro Player lol but still it's one of those things you can understand looking from the outside in.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

OP consistently does this and people even in this thread recognize this and pointed this out. OP time and time again loses in fighting games because it seems that they're not very despite the fact they put the time in which is understandably frustrating. However, they get so emotionally distraught over this that they literally physically abuse themselves and have posted about it here. Then when they post about it, they ask for advice and then they ignore every single kind word / piece of advice that one could post here and then weeks, months later they post about this, again. I don't want to seem like the bad person here but I wanted to add context so people don't think this is a first time occurrence.

Yes, didn't realized this happened before. OP really needs to find something else to sink his teeth in. Competitive gaming doesn't sound right for someone this distraught over losing in a fighting game. And definitely seek some help I think.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It's a strong reaction to frustration. I may not have gotten to that level before but definitely close.

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
I'm having my account deleted, and have stressed to the mods to never let me be able to come back to Era at any point and to never allow me to make another account even if I beg them to. I'm deleting my games and I'm going to attempt to see therapy but I don't know if that's going to work out either because it didn't the first few times I've already done it.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Therapy isn't a first few times type thing some people need a long time. Don't be annoyed at it "not working" just keep going.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
one, don't quit your jobs to play fighting games.
two, only play them with friends.
three, obviously don't play online.
four, maybe seek help or schedule time away from fighting game (and games in general?) and don't think about the games while you're NOT playing them.
five, all that above, again.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having my account deleted, and have stressed to the mods to never let me be able to come back to Era at any point and to never allow me to make another account even if I beg them to. I'm deleting my games and I'm going to attempt to see therapy but I don't know if that's going to work out either because it didn't the first few times I've already done it.
Stick with therapy even if you don't feel like it is working.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously OP, good luck to you. I wish you nothing but the best, and I think this is a brave and wonderful decision.

Oct 31, 2017

Hey it's ok, it's all a process. Also, the user that said "sunk cost fallacy" is right. If you learn from something then it's NEVER a waste. Tons of people go on their entire lives without any introspection and never grow. Also, it doesn't mean you're incapable or untalented, it just means that this particular thing isn't, well, your thing. :)

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

Best of luck to you.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, you're also the one that was making a fighting game.

Yeah, focus on one thing - yourself. Get help and help yourself man.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly this is for the best. Era is clearly a part of your addiction and you need to let it go along with fighting games if you ever want to get better. Like others have said therapy isn't a 'couple of times' type of thing, you'll need to seriously invest time and energy in it for it to work. I sincerely wish you the best man and I hope you come out of this a healthier, happier and overall better person.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
This will be better for you. Anything that feeds your addiction should be cut off. Stick with therapy and work on yourself which is more important than gaming. I wish and hope the best for you.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

This is the right call, Kalma. You need to get some help, invest into yourself and continue trying out therapy even if the help doesn't click the fourth, fifth time. We all want you to get the help you need and we're rooting for you.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
OP, please say you still have your jobs.

Do yourself a favor and consider trying therapy. This is clearly unhealthy and you need to do something about this asap. You also seem to realize this.

Just one thing I want to add to all the other posts telling you to consider therapy: if you don't want to go because you are ashamed of seeing a professional "just" because videogames - there are all kinds of addictions and self-harming behaviors out there that hinge on "irrelevant" stuff to the outsider. You will be taken seriously and people will care.

Oct 25, 2017

Good luck dude.

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
kalma, I know you post in the Under Night Discord and I'm going to suggest that you leave all fighting game related channels you're in. Don't tempt yourself by coming back to one of them and thinking "Maybe just one more." Maybe you might be able to come back if your mindset around the game gets healthier but clearly it's not happening in the near future.

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I can relate to the frustration you're feeling with fighting games. Felt like I hit a wall and only blamed myself. This tied into my depression and self depreciation I was constantly overwhelming myself with.

Therapy can ALWAYS help your situation (I don't like terms like fix or cure when it comes to mental health, as mentioned above by others). Therapy isn't a monolith of sitting on a couch and venting about your problems. There are multiple ways of going about it. But there IS a method out there for you. It could even just be your therapist and their approach. Gotta find the right person and method for you. You just gotta stay open to trying new things to better yourself. Best of luck, OP.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
OP has been banned now. Rest well sweet OP, I hope you get the help you need.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Good luck, Kalma. This is for the better. Leave any other places you discuss fighting games as well. Consider outright selling your gaming stuff. Therapy is probably the only way you're gonna get better, stick with it this time.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017

As someone said before, the people that gave you therapy before maybe weren't the ones you needed. If the person attending you doesn't understands your problem and dismisses it because is video game related, then that person wasn't the one you require to deal with your situation. Keep looking around and, if you are serious about helping yourself, be constant with it.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck OP, I hope you can resolve this and become a more relaxed and happy person for your own sake.

No VideoGame is worth your health.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
That's stress, not a loss of sanity. It's ok friend. And it's ok to take a break and just breathe. Stress does weird things to us sometimes. The fighting game may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back.

But you're not crazy, it's ok!

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
81144834_108509184003596_7518717543050117120_n.jpg

This may be a symptom of a different problem
nevertheless, you should stop playing fighting games. Please, dont fall in the "Just one more game" trap
video games exist to make us have fun

I stopped playing LOL because when every time I lost a match I felt really upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.