• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit lol. I heard the newer models of these tvs are pretty good about not having this issue but what are some things I can do to prevent it?
They are much better and I wouldn't be exceptionally concerned about it so long as you are watching varied content. Don't sit on CNN and static logos for hours, use the built in features like screen/pixel shift, screen refresh, logo luminance, and turn the OLED brightness down to 50ish.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
No don't waste your money on Best Buy to calibrate. If you really want it done spend $400 on one of the traveling pros.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I'd skip the calibration but get the BB warranty. I think RTings has good settings to start from for free.
Edit: I see you got the warranty at Costco

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah just stick with the HDTVTest settings and do not use the presets from the one thread posted already. Those settings are for a 2017 model and don't apply.

You can also use this thread if you have any questions:
www.resetera.com

Recommended LG CX/C9 settings for XSX according to HDTVTest

I know when you buy your first HDMI 2.1 oled it can be overwhelming to setup your tv with the refresh rates and HDR settings. This video should get you ready to go with your new Series X in just a few minutes without searching the other threads.

OP
OP
bigstef71

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
They are much better and I wouldn't be exceptionally concerned about it so long as you are watching varied content. Don't sit on CNN and static logos for hours, use the built in features like screen/pixel shift, screen refresh, logo luminance, and turn the OLED brightness down to 50ish.
Thank you for the tips I'll definitely use these suggestions.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just got the CX too. I ordered it online at Best Buy. Is the "Standard Geek Squad Protection" 5 year for $419 what I need to cover burn in?

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Should we really be using warm2? I turned it on and felt like a yellow filter was put over everything :( maybe I need to get used to it?

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Congrats on your purchase and thanks for making this thread, OP! I had a particularly cushy tax refund this year that just came in, and as we all know 2020 has been a hell year, so I too splurged for Black Friday and ordered a 65" CX that I'm going to a Best Buy warehouse to pick up shortly.

I'm upgrading from a pre-HDR 60" Samsung 1080p LED, which has been a wonderful TV for gaming and otherwise that I've really loved over the years, but with the upgrade to a 4K/120 Hz/HDR-enabled set, I feel like I'm about to have my mind blown. No PS5 yet and I have no interest in getting an XSX, so my PS4 Pro will have to carry the 4K burden for now. How excited should I be, Era?

OP
OP
bigstef71

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I'm loving the TV so far. I used the rting settings but compared to the LG TV thread their pretty similar so I used those as well. Ill check Vincent's videos to see what his settings are. How do I set up the burn in precaution features? Also when I watch sdr and hdr blu rays how different should those settings be compared to the settings used for games?

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Freeloading my way into this thread for a similar reason; I just got a Vizio OLED55-H1 and having spent the past hour unboxing it, it's just hit me that I'm mildly terrified of doing something to damage it. I'm assuming all the tips in here for the CX (except for calibration specifics) can largely be translated to any OLED panel?

Last edited:

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Don't just copy over rtings.com settings. Use HDTVTest's recommended settings and/or use this thread.

People saying you don't need to have a professional calibrate it are partially correct. Although that method is the most accurate method, using the out-of-box settings alongside the adjustments mentioned above is the next best thing. Differences between the two are not super noticeable to the average consumer.

I don't recommend using this thread because some of the information is contradictory, innacurate, and misleading. Stick with advice from experienced calibrators instead.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Congrats on your purchase and thanks for making this thread, OP! I had a particularly cushy tax refund this year that just came in, and as we all know 2020 has been a hell year, so I too splurged for Black Friday and ordered a 65" CX that I'm going to a Best Buy warehouse to pick up shortly.

I'm upgrading from a pre-HDR 60" Samsung 1080p LED, which has been a wonderful TV for gaming and otherwise that I've really loved over the years, but with the upgrade to a 4K/120 Hz/HDR-enabled set, I feel like I'm about to have my mind blown. No PS5 yet and I have no interest in getting an XSX, so my PS4 Pro will have to carry the 4K burden for now. How excited should I be, Era?
So excited.
I'm rocking a 4k tcl at the moment but I want to upgrade to the CX SOOOOO BADLY. So now I lurk TV threads and drool over everyone's purchases. Plus I pick up tips along the way. One day I'll join the club!

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I have a C8 and I've done nothing but use the HDR Game Mode preset for gaming and the technicolor one for movies. Maybe it could get better tweaking the dials but out of the box it's the best picture I've ever seen and that's good enough for me.

Nov 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Bit the bullet yesterday on the 55" version of this when they came back into stock on Amazon for a brief moment (was between the GX and this one, had some specific space requirements but ultimately went with the 55" CX). Stoked to see what it's all about.

I've had a KS8500 since 2016 and absolutely love it (and am NOT getting rid of it... still has a fantastic picture and the chassis looks incredible) so hopefully this is a great upgrade to an already great set.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
Bit the bullet yesterday on the 55" version of this when they came back into stock on Amazon for a brief moment (was between the GX and this one, had some specific space requirements but ultimately went with the 55" CX). Stoked to see what it's all about.

I've had a KS8500 since 2016 and absolutely love it (and am NOT getting rid of it... still has a fantastic picture and the chassis looks incredible) so hopefully this is a great upgrade to an already great set.
Please let me know what you think. I'm in the same boat. Do most of my gaming and movies watching on the ks8000. I want to get the oled, but I'm a little worried the hdr performance won't be as good.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I've been encountering an issue with my LG CX when playing on my Nintendo switch(docked) where the screen stutters to complete black. Its annoying enough to make me get killed in a game. I'm more than certain it has to do with the setting I have on my TV, I just don't know what to change. Anyone have any tip on this TV for the Switch?

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
I've been encountering an issue with my LG CX when playing on my Nintendo switch(docked) where the screen stutters to complete black. Its annoying enough to make me get killed in a game. I'm more than certain it has to do with the setting I have on my TV, I just don't know what to change. Anyone have any tip on this TV for the Switch?
Make sure the Hdmi cable is plugged in all the way, and try using a different one, see if the problem persists.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for the bump but I have an annoying question. When I am on the built in Netflix app in LG CX, just selecting a show will auto-play the first episode or a movie. I dont want to do that. Sometimes I just want to click on a show and read more about it, not start playing. I went to my account settings and disabled both the autopreview and the autoplay next episode, but this still keeps happening.

However when I run the Netflix app from my Amazon firestick, this does not happen and Netflix is lot less annoying. Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It's pretty damn accurate out of the box. Just manually adjust some settings do not pay Best Buy to 'calibrate' it IMO.

zoggy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hate warm 2, and I don't care that I will get used to it if I forced it.

Also oled light at 100. Yolo

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Sorry for the bump but I have an annoying question. When I am on the built in Netflix app in LG CX, just selecting a show will auto-play the first episode or a movie. I dont want to do that. Sometimes I just want to click on a show and read more about it, not start playing. I went to my account settings and disabled both the autopreview and the autoplay next episode, but this still keeps happening.

However when I run the Netflix app from my Amazon firestick, this does not happen and Netflix is lot less annoying. Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

I hate this as well, hope someone knows the solution if there is any.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Turn off all the smooth motion/ AI picture / energy saver settings and put it on home cinema. Other than that it looks real good right out of the box. You'll have to do this multiple times on the same input since the settings change depending on the type of signal it receives.