• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
They are pretty good but most of their songs kind of sound the same even after a ton of listens.

They are like the perfect "randomized playlist band" that comes up Once every 10 songs or so.

Kubuh

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
If you're interested in the history details they have a youtube channel where they go through the songs and the real life history behind them.
www.youtube.com

Sabaton History

Sabaton History brings you the historical background to all Sabaton songs. PƤr and Joakim from Sabaton and historian Indy Neidell from TimeGhost/World War Tw...

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
The Great War covers exclusively WW1 but the rest of their albums cover a more varied amount of history

I'd say Heroes is my favorite album of theirs, Resist and Bite is a banger

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm a big Sabaton fan and their earlier albums fucking rules, I've seen them live a couple of years ago and the energy was amazing. Viva Victoria is among the greats

Sadly, I'm not really a big fan of their newer stuff, it kinda sounds generic now with not as much effort put in to it. The energy and the elements are missing from the songs.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Myy overall opinion pretty much mirrors what davepoobond said, but I've seen them live a couple of times and that's where they really shine

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
From the mist, a shape, a ship, is taking form
And the silence of the sea is about to drift into a storm
Sign of power, show of force!
Raise the anchor, battleship's plotting its course

I do enjoy a good bit of Sabaton,

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Enjoyed a few of their songs until I got into Wargaming/modelling and proceeded to have every song they'd ever made shoved down my throat by those communities.

They are good songs though. I learned about quite a few unknown but fascinating battles from their songs, like the Battle of Wizna.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome band! I admit that I'm not that big of fan of the last three or four albums. Given that each album have great songs. Have been to their lives probably over decade now and they are still effing awesome. Somebody dubbed them as Abba of metal and I kinda agree. Despite the subject of the songs they have great tunes and everybody can sing the choruses.

Some favs from recent and older albums.
Sabaton - The Price of a Mile
Sabaton - The Last Stand
Sabaton - Ghost Division
Sabaton - The Final Solution
Sabaton - Wolfpack

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Because the wordplay tickles me immensely, their fans should be called shoegazers.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're very samey nowadays but I still enjoy their shtick even if they haven't done anything too groundbreaking in a while. And the live shows are and have always been phenomenal so they always have that going for them no matter what.

Oct 27, 2017
They are pretty good but most of their songs kind of sound the same even after a ton of listens.

They are like the perfect "randomized playlist band" that comes up Once every 10 songs or so.

Yeah basically this. I loved a bunch of their stuff like Primo Victoria and such but after awhile you start to notice a lot of their songs sound the same.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Yeah they're fucking great

This thread has made me go back and relisten to The Great War~

Broman1978

Nov 11, 2017
Listening to Them right now when drinking beer and I do Enjoy Them as fuck! (REALLY Love the Carolus Rex album) cannot wait to see Them live next year (hopefully) šŸ¤˜

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
They're fine. Never got the insane hype people give for them. There are much better power metal bands.

From what I know their singer is a pretty cool dude, has done guest vocals in a ton of way smaller bands' songs.