• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Naw, those "valves" are decorative. They're really just twist clamps that keep an internal cloth filter in place.
Yeah I have the same mask and I thought the valve design thing was weird since it doesn't seem to do anything.

I want a mask with STYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE.

And these really do look great.

G33.png

Is there a website for this?

Last edited:

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't breathe for shit in those clothe masks, this is coming from someone who wears an N95 for 12hrs.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'm still wearing the ones of my mother's left over fabric! I get some looks because they are flowers and weird designs... but I don't care.

That said, I do keep eyeing more stylish ones... going to get one from a bar with fun tiki designs, because they are doing it as a fund raiser.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of which, Vapor95 is running a "buy three masks, get the fourth free" sale right now. I got their Kitsune mask:

vapor95.com

Kitsune Face Mask

Created with moisture wicking Anti-Microbial Micropoly fabric. Printed with non toxic water based inks and entirely re-usable and machine washable. Contoured elastic two strap design for comfort and security. Please note that this face mask is only for cosmetic purposes and is not intended for...
lol, I was wondering if that mask was going to be posted in here.
I don't like the Vapor95 masks at all though.
-They took almost two months to get here, despite supposedly being made in the USA.
-All four of the masks I purchased for myself are very narrow and don't wrap around my cheeks much, making them look weird.
-They are super-thick and they seal tight, meaning they suck inwards when you inhale and inflate when you exhale, which definitely feels awkward when it gloms onto your mouth (a bit of a suffocating feeling that freaks me out).
-And where the band attaches on the top right (when looking at the inside) of each mask I ordered is the section of fabric that contains the nose wire? It isn't sewed down enough on each mask meaning that wire is folded in and pokes into my skin a bit.

It's a bummer too because the masks look so good. I ordered six of them; one for my wife, one for my daughter, and four for me. I got the red Shogunate mask, the purple Shogunate mask, the Oni mask, and the Midnight Jungle mask. Before they showed up I planned on ordering more too; I wanted the Bosozoku mask and the Eva 01 mask. Then mine arrived and I said "Nope; not gonna order from them again."

Fuzzballs - I make them :) there's over 20 designs now including these. Anyone who puts reset era in the heard from of the checkout will get some extra goodies included too.

rainbow-fuzzballs.jpg
gingham-face-mask.jpg
constellation-night-sky-face-mask.jpg
whisky-pizza-mouth-covid-face-mask.jpg
I see that they are all adult-sized. Any chance you have plans for a smaller "Child/Small Adult" size?

Ketchup

Nov 5, 2017
I see that they are all adult-sized. Any chance you have plans for a smaller "Child/Small Adult" size?

Sadly and this may surprise everyone here, I really don't have many younger buyers, my fan base is all adults 20+ so at this time sadly it's not something I'm able to do unless there was huge demand for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have a few generic cloth face masks my girlfriend's mom made, but I visited a friend and saw that his mom made masks out of his old Guns N Roses T-shirts. Slightly jelly of his Appetite for Destruction mask.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
You know, using masks could have helped me not getting a strep throat or sick during the past two winters. I just hate the feeling of cold in my face, so whenever it gets really chilly (like below 10 degrees, our normal temperatures are 30c+ on summer), I wear a removable turtleneck (can't find photos of something like the one I have, imagine a hoodie without the top?) that covers my throat, mouth and nose. It's really warm, not breathing restricting, and I keep it on when I'm outside. Before that, winter was like a sentence of strep throat. I think this year I'll get a mask underneath the turtleneck, just to be safe.

Oct 25, 2017
I have a fairly large beard so regular masks have been a little problematic for me. I've been switching to bandanas which cover all of my face as well as my beard because I feel like it works better at reducing contamination. I have a set of four that I've been rotating. A side perk is that they also look better than the disposable surgical masks I had been using

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA

Made one of these at my workplace a few weeks back, but I don't wear it particularly often because it's a bit too big/loose for me. (You can kind of see it slipping down my face in the photo.)

My wife got a few (solid-colored navy blue cloth) from her workplace that fits perfectly so that's the one I wear most often.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I think I'll get a custom printed one, upload a picture of an album cover or something to somewhere like Spreadshirt or Redbubble.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
My brother's girlfriend made me a Batman themed mask that I wear. Also got my eyes on a cool mask with the Hunter's Association logo.