• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My partner made a bunch of cloth masks for both of us. We both have five each.

The ones they made or actually rather light for cloth masks and they have even made them for other people and everyone Raves about how much easier it is to breathe and use than some of the other cloth mask that they have had.

We live in Florida and while they are hot to wear, no more so than any other mask I've worn.

I personally have 2 zombie pin-up girl masks, 2 Marvel comic masks and a just a blank red mask. My partner has space, dice, pentagrams, and purple masks.

It is kind of cool to be able to express yourself a little bit while wearing these masks.

PS wear a mask!!!

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
you can wear whatever mask you want, but it would be smart to have different masks for different occasions.

Like if we are back at the office someday i dont think i can take someone wearing that hulk mask giving a presentation seriously.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I bought 5 artistic cloth ones because I work at a hospital that requires them. A few with cool art and a couple sillier ones I liked.

I have one with a UFO spaceship that says "I just need some space" that I wear in public. It's my fave for many reasons.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a couple of Keywork ones I bought when they went live on the Coheed&Cambria merch store. If they were to make more with more designs I would buy those too. Otherwise I just use legit medical ones when in a risky situation if the rarity occurs since as I mentioned elsewhere I already have a noncurable aggressive blood clotting issue so if I get Covid along with it's blood clotting effects there is a 99% chance it will kill me and I am not taking that risk for any kind of fashion sense.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I friend of mine 3D prints the caps. I never thought about it till I saw his mask.

Yurp.

mark-ash-fullsizerender-1.jpg

9433136433_38776a64cd_b.jpg

mark-ash-ventilator-3-4-2-150.jpg

we4ot6m7gwq41.jpg

These specifically may not be to my personal liking, but ventilator caps are going be a FASHION STATEMENT in the near future...when we all have to go back to work and take the risk because the government won't do anything about this disease.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got cheap masks. That said it's been wild how little effort has gone into branded masks, logo, etc like your brother mentioned.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple plain black cloth masks, as well as a few different style gaiters.

I'll gladly expand my collection if I find something that looks cool.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
For any glasses wearers I really suggest the kind with wire on the nose, its really helped me a ton. And I like the cloth ones, especially since I need to wear them daily.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As long as Functional, unique, fashionable or fun styles of mask makes more people wear them so be it!

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
You have to be really weary of the ones that have vents. Apparently, a lot of them are just a big fucking hole in the mask. Research on it is so complex that I gave up and now I've learnt to live with steamed up glasses.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I came into this thread expecting something very different.

I roll out in a black or white reusable mask that has flowers on it, because fuck the whole "men have to be manly". I have a daughter on the way, embrace letting out feminine side.

Cbrun44

I've been picking some up randomly as I see them. Like these ones from Levi's. I've also picked some up basic one colors from Buck Mason and John Elliot. I have a feeling we're going to be wearing these for quite a while so might as well have some you are comfortable with.

875800001-front-pdp.jpg

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Seen a couple of these already

61yS-jKU1wL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Speaking of which, Vapor95 is running a "buy three masks, get the fourth free" sale right now. I got their Kitsune mask:

vapor95.com

Kitsune Face Mask

Created with moisture wicking Anti-Microbial Micropoly fabric. Printed with non toxic water based inks and entirely re-usable and machine washable. Contoured elastic two strap design for comfort and security. Please note that this face mask is only for cosmetic purposes and is not intended for...

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He hasn't gotten a mask yet because he wants it to represent his hobbies? We're almost July.

I'm sure thats not what you intended to say OP.

Last edited:

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Better to look silly and be safe than to wear nothing. So you designer mask people are cool in my book.

That said, I just like simple plain masks personally.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
I have a cow print one, one thats Randy Marsh's mustache and mouth and one thats the Corona Beer logo, only with Virus instead of beer

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
So with cloth masks, do you have to wash them every time after you use them? I presume that's the case, but if so, can you just hand wash them then throw those suckers into a dryer? I have disposable ones for the moment, but they're kinda expensive and I don't know if I'll be able to find anymore.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I have a plain black one, but I also have one covered in the masks from Majora's mask.

I'd honestly love a bunch of fandom masks.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So with cloth masks, do you have to wash them every time after you use them? I presume that's the case, but if so, can you just hand wash them then throw those suckers into a dryer? I have disposable ones for the moment, but they're kinda expensive and I don't know if I'll be able to find anymore.
I use the delicate cycle, and like I mentioned I have enough to be able to use 1 a day. You should only really use them once a day.

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
My job provides masks, so I just get one of those before working. I did buy a few plain black cloth masks for errands. When I'm back in the house I just throw it in the laundry.

I do want this Under Armor mask. I figure it would be protective, but also super breathable since it's for sports.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
A hand-washed mask should be able to dry overnight.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Whatever makes him more likely to wear it.

For the kids we got ones with fun prints like ice cream and space stations. We also got colorful but solid color ones, and also navy and black. And a box of the disposables. My thought is whatever makes you likely to wear it, do it. Want to look like Hulk or a skull or advertise Adidas or whatnot? Do it, just wear it, hand wash it daily and take care of yourself and others.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
So me and my brother had a chat about face masks yesterday and I hoped my brother wasn't gonna be a mask truther, thankfully, he is sane but he just asked me a very interesting question, are we gonna treat facemasks like a new pair of shoes and go out with them with style or be basic? He wants to get a mask but either for Star Wars or his NFL team. For those who do not have the luxury of staying home, how do you guys roll out with face masks? The usual or did you get ones to rep your fandom/style?

images

i-8ttkwjq-xl.jpg

screen-shot-2020-05-26-at-12.28.50-pm.png

61MZG4wI8WL._AC_SX425_.jpg

s-l400.jpg

WEAR A MASK PEOPLE OR STAY HOME. Face cover this thread if this question is already a thing.

Last guy looks like he's hanging out the back of a Wendy's at night time up to no good. The one before that looks like a failed Mortal Kombat audition.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Oooh, I need that Watchdog/Aiden gaiter from the OP.
Had been rocking masks I got from Meta Threads but the sides of them flare out from my face and make it look ridiculous. So have converted over to gaiters. I work on the flightline in a desert climate outside and I found a gaiter that can absorb and retain water, and it's been working wonders for covering my face And keeping it and my neck cooler.

Oct 27, 2017
My fiancee got some MLP ones, a Flutteshy, Flutterbat, and a Luna one for me. Though I find them uncomfortable, so I just stick with my regular black ones.

I wouldn't mind finding one that looked like Optimus Prime's faceplate though.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
IMG_8980_grande.jpg

ScreenShot2020-05-15at11.18.16AM_grande.png

patti_somefear_mockup_grande.jpg

I like these. (from pattilapel.com)
Also I printed out a few MK masks to go over my cloth ones. (image and file from thingiverse.com)
card_preview_photo_2020-04-23_10-16-54.jpg

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
As long as you cover your nose and mouth you can wear whatever the hell you want.

That said, I do want a scorpion/noob saibot like mask.