• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm surprised I can't find Grand Theft Auto V OT threads (non-online OT threads, that is). So I'm going to ask here. This is my first time playing GTA V and I'm in like 1 hour into the game, so bear with me...

1. How are mods installed and loaded through Epic Games Launcher? I'm not even sure if it's possible to route mods through Epic Games Launcher, then Rockstar Launcher.
  2. How do I sit on benches?
  3. How do I make my character auto-roam around the city, as in, let it automatically walk around the city blocks? If not possible, are there any mods that allow you to do this?
  4. Same as above, are there any mods that allow my character to auto-drive around the city?
  5. Is it possible to amp up the cops / stars difficulty, so anything you do will risk getting a star or 2?
  6. What can I do to just have a friendly casual chat with the locals, instead of aggravating them with the E key?
  7. I saw paramedics rushing to someone who is lying on the ground, but I didn't see the paramedics reviving that NPC. In previous GTA games, paramedics were able to revive them. Was this a necessary change?
If I have more, I'll ask and post here.

If there's an actual GTA V non-online OT thread somewhere, please direct me to that place. I tried searching, and nothing came up except for the GTA Online OT thread.

I don't have a decent network for GTA Online, so I'm not that into it.

Thanks.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised I can't find Grand Theft Auto V OT threads (non-online OT threads, that is). So I'm going to ask here. This is my first time playing GTA V and I'm in like 1 hour into the game, so bear with me...

1. How are mods installed and loaded through Epic Games Launcher? I'm not even sure if it's possible to route mods through Epic Games Launcher, then Rockstar Launcher.
  2. How do I sit on benches?
  3. How do I make my character auto-roam around the city, as in, let it automatically walk around the city blocks? If not possible, are there any mods that allow you to do this?
  4. Same as above, are there any mods that allow my character to auto-drive around the city?
  5. Is it possible to amp up the cops / stars difficulty, so anything you do will risk getting a star or 2?
  6. What can I do to just have a friendly casual chat with the locals, instead of aggravating them with the E key?
  7. I saw paramedics rushing to someone who is lying on the ground, but I didn't see the paramedics reviving that NPC. In previous GTA games, paramedics were able to revive them. Was this a necessary change?
If I have more, I'll ask and post here.

If there's an actual GTA V non-online OT thread somewhere, please direct me to that place. I tried searching, and nothing came up except for the GTA Online OT thread.

I don't have a decent network for GTA Online, so I'm not that into it.

Thanks.

Don't think epic games allows mods. That also probably answers the rest of your questions

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France

Useful.

Anyway, most of what you're looking for should be in the script category in this website. And yeah, you can't sit on benches, but there's a mod for that as well.

I'm not familiar with modding when the EGS is involved, but from little I've searched it would seem manually installing mods would work ? Not an easy task compared to other games though. Check this out and see if that works for you.

I've never seen paramedics revive anybody in V.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
1. mods I think have to be handled old school, as in placing files within the games directories(not too sure on this as I've never messed with gta mods)
2.you can't
3. you can't autoroam but if you just wanted to sit back and enjoy the atmosphere you can hail a cab
unsure about 4 to 6
7. I don't remember paramedics reviving people in earlier games but it's probably a technical problem as opposed to a conscience choice.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
There's no sitting on benches or chatting with locals beyond the random quips from hitting the interact button (not without mods, anyway). Gotta bear in mind, it's still a PS3/360 generation game at the roots.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Look up Youtube videos about how mods work. The tool OpenIV is what the majority of mods use for install. There's another tool called ScripthookV that is required for a lot of mods that involve script changes, such as inserting new playable characters or NPCs or making behavioral changes, and there isn't an official release that works with the Epic Store version yet so you won't be able to use those yet (I think there are some workarounds in the wild at the moment but I haven't attempted any).

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Look up Youtube videos about how mods work. The tool OpenIV is what the majority of mods use for install. There's another tool called ScripthookV that is required for a lot of mods that involve script changes, such as inserting new playable characters or NPCs or making behavioral changes, and there isn't an official release that works with the Epic Store version yet so you won't be able to use those yet (I think there are some workarounds in the wild at the moment but I haven't attempted any).
Thanks again for this.