• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet but it is nice to see a game actually condemn the actions of trump rather then tout the line that "our games are not political and should not make you think about anything at all"

cKohPLJopsU1moXbW-upt75lzJ5zjKxW8q8hE5e7-kc-XISH0ogReAaC76HCLtvwHkzZC0jScNz3r6sewdXWt0TeXClljAnRxxPfGXi34o1Sn7XmsvwcfStX4z_gs_Cds7F6mjUM3W4FiyRi1qZkg6bKhRDXVedNn8HU7Z3Xx7rwFL7AkQ5I8qHAlem2zxv_ijAhBm9PTSSZW3q3iNjgfl_v5fJyRFbiXEtr8OkOBC2Ie6Lsu28wAS9bQ4r07pyK5eRwD9i_llxexjxD2-qqKydmx1LYXiq1ITjm72be5EExALu-FEqIPOLCbAbpfhZFIvSGKwsDShTwod1g6gv6FGxzcs8GzdGBKZiQWjQWaRJfX40X-NzO3rwfzUUHhoO4YM5RmnFp1VQCzzXLm71RFOGUtpXC_RzIrEDhPzxVplyLNnjHvBhlu2QhiT8gMyXEkYTTCm7ah1nU9677JU2cPI5FxIy_63hzQMCJM-rea89dCRwXdJvXdCNkbnr4m89YcFevmfa6hnzBt2WMHvDH-Ug3pwpExMAjWwoVR3vp0tSh9XjkwpqE_M7YGE3q4NAzKITscWCZye8rmR60EdWqXnsOzlf2mSydOGFmNQyHHcILb07mZx3jyEFhd1TON4iTwiIpGAooma5p4Zd_SzN9T1rF1qGGN9eecH-Ksefo_-UPKNJgydFiqw=w1156-h867-no

N3Lbh1GXIgIaBiR-zMw15XF8giqtSzO6a4iyOuHERXVfJlA_zbPa76O2hd5xfQHe3r7JAZ64-_gnjNEdve2DvEXAX4jIB6U0frgHIne2koI35eV_c8MeD1GB6DMX3LwJ3CAPzN7uFjj6X44FJDHeQVayHVt-oSDWX7PGak1yHZRgezBq51LZJLRuDHDwpEL14NdgPHJ7pdLYHSfYDTIpXlvtI6j1kUeDxoYWVc8iRGb7MaDI1mw7IYljL6hSAYOzWLDE5aM68UYaqA0B_aQv2DZE2UXdsnm8_ilSJYl96TlXs80G9d7jx_Cb6aJZ6uJnS1F1iVpvOo6-uFE8vwiIGNewGJjR_YULcExEwN9VO25T7nRBoqa-f4BOhbKt83VyhPfAcdcB0ke1Le-sNv717OQOtjKjxFbh0P2J8cFxbRtd96gGthkJvyLdEB13iQXLxD_Hfj-sFfkmG07lxWce-BY5g5ZBSfqTyHp_HogRMOKIEoH_xbW_RiIQmNCZQC_a6WK7sQm2gthk_uTgfAFz_20EP30OfNBuDmGEgMVE86bx6G5p7CXKuNDMsW7J64g9gXv8Lx4OSNuD6mJ51_lQQg2NESoja75OZ-wKnjFmD2gsNSwWlL8bGpOokM2efRm7EroRetZTiGlu6qq7oXQIJokrsUx0_YpUxGFCKEe6rbOK4TFZCKJIxA=w1156-h867-no

Nice to see this in a AAA game, have some likes for the road out there and lock if old.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Is that a spoiler in your thread title?

Nah, it's just a NPC you make deliveries too. There's tons of em; they all have The ____ as their name.

Also yea. It's nice to see. I mean, since the whole theme of the game is about rebuilding America, makes sense. Other characters question if America is really worth it due to what it became in our time.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this is really good, glad to see a game actually call out what's going on right now.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Hail Lord Kojima. Man I just got met Higgs for the first time last night and fuck that was great and so well done. Kojima knows what the player is thinking when they play his games lol. He feeds off of it. He wants you to feel a certain way, so he can then play with those emotions. Another masterwork game from the genius. Can't wait to get off work and jump back in.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's just a NPC you make deliveries too. There's tons of em; they all have The ____ as their name.

Also yea. It's nice to see. I mean, since the whole theme of the game is about rebuilding America, makes sense. Other characters question if America is really worth it due to what it became in our time.
What the fuck lmao, it's not a spoiler. Calm down. Jesus christ. Hey guess what there's also a minor side character called "The Engineer" in the game. Whoops. Spoiled ya. :P
I think they got hung up on the "evil man" part and imagined some kind of twist.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's nice. Wonder if they have any about the detention centers.

What the fuck lmao, it's not a spoiler. Jesus christ. Hey guess what there's also a minor side character called "The Engineer" in the game. Whoops. Spoiled ya.

Fricking frick. I am shaking right now. What's next, you're gonna spoil the brand of energy drink in this game?

I think they got hung up on the "evil man" part and imagined some kind of twist.

Ah, yes. Good Evilman.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A side character in a AAA-game actively speaks out against the heinous actions of Trump.

"DID YOU JUST SPOIL SOMETHING HAPPENING IN A VIDEO GAME???"

Maybe there are more important things in life than some fucking spoilers in a goddamn entertainment product.
Just a heads up.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
A side character in a AAA-game actively speaks out against the heinous actions of Trump.

"DID YOU JUST SPOIL SOMETHING HAPPENING IN A VIDEO GAME???"

Maybe there are more important things in life than some fucking spoilers in a goddamn entertainment product.
Just a heads up.
Seriously my god now most of this topic is about dumbass spoilers.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Fuck you OP. Just started the game

shame that the entire game is ruined for you now that you know the name of a fucking side quest guy. Yup. 80+ hours ruined because you know this guys name. Jeez, if I was in your spot and I learned how there were a couple of other quest givers named The Engineer or The Artist I'd just break that disc in half.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I hate that Kojima is taking the FFXIII approach to lore building.....

The way I see it Kojima kinda had to do lore building this way based on how the world is in DS.
For FFXIII they just didn't want to/didn't have time to make towns/NPCs to interact with in usual older FF style. Felt much more lazy.

I'm giving Kojima a pass on this one.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
Could have avoided the ensuing thread whining if you had just written a better thread title

ImNotAFroot

Nov 6, 2017
So we're taking in-game mails from npcs as direct social commentary from kojima now? Yeah, the acephobic one makes sense now

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kojima already said multiple times that the game is a response to Trump and Brexit, finding stuff like that in game was to be expected imo.

OP
OP
Sacul64

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hate that Kojima is taking the FFXIII approach to lore building.....

I'm mean the game is not just giving me endless lore dumps. I am getting these emails after building up connections with these people and they are opening up more and more. After some time out in the world I rest up in the private room and turn on the music and read the new stuff I got. Its woven into the gameplay and is not used as a failure of story telling.

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
Ha. Wonder how the "Japanese devs don't whine about politics" crowd reacts to this one.

Are there any mails that actually praise Trump's actions or have anti-immigrant stuff though? Just curious.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm mean the game is not just giving me endless lore dumps. I am getting these emails after building up connections with these people and they are opening up more and more. After some time out in the world I rest up in the private room and turn on the music and read the new stuff I got. Its woven into the gameplay and is not used as a failure of story telling.

Yea, the getting emails only when you get 3 stars or more connection is neat.

There's also a bunch talking about Amazon drones (not specified but it's obvious) automation and the singularity.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Cool sentiment, though it feels a little weird that the e-mails are worded like they were written by someone from the Deep South. Nobody uses "reckon" that often.

OP
OP
Sacul64

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to politicize games, especially, big budget games and put people like poopiepie in a difficult position where even their bread and butter recognizes them as trash.

Really would prefer it was from an American develepor though. While no lies are detected by "the elder" it's sort of a glass house situation when your country has amongst the strictest immigration laws in the world and a natural border.

Status
Not open for further replies.