• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I'm so upset :-(

It asked me to insert a disc while I was getting started and it sounded a lot like a fax machine when reading the disc.. like it's chugging in there & then makes a sound like it a getting a disk inserted & every PS4 game I've tried it doesn't read at all

I knew I would get a lemon man!!
Anyone else have the issues?

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Uhh, you may have put the disc in upside down. Flip it over. This is not the first time this has been reported.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Put the disc in the other way. I thought my disc drive was broken too out of the box but its not really that obvious which way the disc should go in especially if you have it vertical.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I guess the way to put the disc in when using it horizontally is, as we expected, the non-usual way?

galvatron

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Pretty sure raytracing is the reason my PS5 crashes within 30 seconds of running spiderman in fidelity mode (and no I've never attached external storage). Never had a bum launch console before, but at least it's not completely useless until I can find another one or feel like dealing with shipping this off for repair.

EDIT: LOL @ flipping the disc closing this thread. Happy ending

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
I did the same originally, but I tried the other way and it worked, no one else needed to know lol

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
when I first put in a physical disk I didnt know which way was the correct way, since the system was standing up. First attempt failed, but it worked the second time.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Please don't tell me you put it in upside down. I did that too but I then tried the other way lol.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it isn't broken, OP. Have fun with your new console!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I put the disc the wrong way the first time with the Series X too, easy to do when you've got it vertically.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I guess the way to put the disc in when using it horizontally is, as we expected, the non-usual way?

No, that way is the usual way. It's just that I guess when the system is placed vertically there's an inclination to want to point the data side toward the bulk of the console as opposed to the up vs. down simplicity of horizontal.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
If vertical, it is the opposite direction of last gen. I have my PS5 in the same place that I had my PS4, both in vertical orientation, and twisting my hand to put the discs in the correct way is super weird now because of the angles involved in the place I've put it. I might switch it to the other side of the TV as a result.

Shinogu

Oct 25, 2017
I fully don't blame OP on this, every time before I actually put a Blu-ray into my PS5, I always imagined screwing it up at least once before doing it the correct way. It's like the benign joke version of the Dragonball Z image fighting thing but for just watching a darn movie disc in my new console with a non-standard disc slot position. XD

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm embarrassed but high in my defense.
Is your PS5 set up upside-down, without the dock? I've seen it before, that's why I'm asking. If so it's no surprise that you were putting in the discs upside down, the whole console is upside down.

Also easy to do by accident when the system is vertical

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
You mean upside down? I think not, the reason people are making this mistake with a vertical orientation is probably that if the disc goes the normal way horizontally, then it has to be "facing left" vertically, which is counterintuitive for righties.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Wait wait wait wait, you guys! I don't have a PS5 yet but let's say I put my console horizontally like a normal person...which side of the disc goes on top? And PLEASE don't say it's the shiny side because I'm gonna laugh at you SO HARD

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
@OP LMAO

While we are at it: Can anyone show me what is the right orientation to insert the disk?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Lmao, you need to pay attention to the screen when it tells you to insert the disc. Its not intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.