• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
piratepwnsninja

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. I may have like, ordered all of them, just to be covered. Prioritizing Astro Bot, for sure.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
If you have the Aim Controler, get Borderland 2 VR, this is the best controler for that game by far. Make the PSVR version the best.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think Creed is worth checking out. The walking dead game is also suppose to be very good

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Is RE7 better first play through with VR or Pro HDR 2D? Still not sure if I want to play it first on ps5 for slight improvements? (If any)
The 2D version could be running at 8640p or whatever we have in the future, it wouldn't matter. VR first! It is a completely different experience that cannot be quantified with pixel count.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Rez infite
Astrobot
Wipeout omega
Resi 7
Beat Saber
Firewall Zero Hour
Pixel ripped 95
Tetris Effect
Blood and Truth
the Persistance
Everybody's Golf VR

Any of those and you will not be disappointed.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Resident Evil 7.
Then you can sell it all together before it is too late.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Blood and truth is exceptional with the move controllers.

Bravo team is also decent since they updated it to fix all the weird aspect issues that plagued it at launch.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Bound! Should be cheap. It's an astonishing experience flat, but VR takes it to an entirely different level. Top 5 PSVR game easily.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. I may have like, ordered all of them, just to be covered. Prioritizing Astro Bot, for sure.
Make sure to set your IPD before playing, otherwise the sizes for things will be fucked up. You have to go to Settings > Devices > PSVR. The setup guide doesn't tell you about this setting and I dunno why.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Tetris Effect isn't technically exclusive cause you can play it in VR on PC, but man, is it so worth it.

Same with Skyrim VR.

In both cases the VR completely changees those games for me.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Oh god, Astrobot.

I don't even like VR that much and it was my favorite game of whatever year I played it.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
First of all, good job because PSVR is fucking good as hell.

Second of all, Skyrim VR, WipEout VR, Gran Turismo Sport, Driveclub VR (you'll need a physical copy) and Farpoint (with PS Aim Controller). Ordered from most recommended to least recommended.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Since you already have VR legs just jump into REVII.
After that Astrobot and Wipeout.
Blood and Truth is also great.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
So much good stuff already mentioned, Batman's on both so it doesn't really fit what's being asked for but it is still a cool experience title even though it's older now.

Might be worth trying out some of the demos too for some of the stuff you don't have yet.
There are two more of those VR demo discs on the store with some more stuff, didn't realize they added a third one last year.

I think Creed is worth checking out. The walking dead game is also suppose to be very good
Yeah, it's on both but either way Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners is supposed to be really good.

Last edited:

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Wipeout and Astro Bot are the best games on PSVR IMO.

EDIT:
Superhot VR , which isn0t exclusive, is good but I've found the PS Move wand to be too imprecise to fully enjoy it.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I just bought Blood and Truth, but was kind of disappointed with it. After playing games like RE7 and NMS it was hard to go back to an on rails shooter.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
I know you said exclusives but just in case you haven't played it on PCVR, then Tetris Effect is a must. It's the reason I got a PSVR and the only game I significantly played on it beyond "tech demo" type interactions with the bundled games.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
If people still played, I would 100% recommend RIGS. I don't even enjoy competitive multiplayer games that much and RIGS is fantastic. MECH. COMBAT. BASKETBALL.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Download all the free PSVR experiences and the demos/demo discs. Well worth it to explore it all.