• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Today I purchased the PSVR bundle that comes with Blood & Truth and Everybody's Golf VR. I was thinking about waiting for the Iron Man bundle, but the price didn't really make sense to me, being that it was the same price with fewer games and it's only $40 on its own.

Anyway, I was able to grab Astro Bot and Farpoint, brand new, for $10 each. I also grabbed Firewall Zero Hour with the Aim Controller. Since I already have a PCVR setup, anything that is everywhere I'll always grab on that; but I am wondering what other PSVR exclusives I should check out.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Astrobot... No question... On sale for $10 right now too. Drop what you're doing, get it, play it, and love it.

Edit: tl;dr oops, see now that you did get it.... Your good.. go play it!

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside the ones I mentioned earlier, if you have the time and money. I'd say superhypercube, rigs, and Vr worlds are worth a go but I wouldnt call them must haves.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed No Heroes Allowed VR, I think that's an exclusive. It's a top down strategy entry in the Badman! series. It feels like you're directing units on a tabletop game, it's pretty cool.

Eirik Furu

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
As Tahnit and Svejk say: Buy Astro Bot: Rescue Mission! Amazing game with fantastic level-design, controls and music.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
If you don't have it for PC, (not an exclusive) I recommend Thumper. Same with Tetris Effect. Both are great in PSVR.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you like adventure games I also recommend Deracine.

Edit, oh, and Concrete Genie!

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Astrobot Rescue mission. NOW.
Thisthisthis.

If you don't have it for PC, (not an exclusive) I recommend Thumper. Same with Tetris Effect. Both are great in PSVR.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you like adventure games I also recommend Deracine.

Also this this this for the first two.

Deracine was from From right? I never looked into it. Enlighten me please?

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I think you are covered with a lot of joy with Astro Bot and Blood and Truth (even it being just ok....)

You're in for a treat if you grab a RE7 Complete with a discount, Wipeout is awesome and don't forget Beat Saber my man.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Please get WipEout Omega Collection. It's already amazing outside of VR but in VR it's just something else.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
If you have a decent PCVR setup then there aren't really too many exclusives to PSVR.

Astro Bot, Resident Evil VII, Firewall, Blood & Truth, and Wipeout Omega Collection are the big ones. But you might as well also buy Farpoint, Deracine, and Rush of Blood to help justify the purchase. Iron Man is definitely gonna be the next big one though, download the free demo if you haven't already.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Thisthisthis.

Also this this this for the first two.

Deracine was from From right? I never looked into it. Enlighten me please?
Deracine takes place in an orphanage and you basically control a fairy that interacts with the kids. It's a puzzle/adventure game sort of like Myst but with less puzzles and more wandering around. It's got great atmosphere and story and even takes a few dark turns at times. Worst part of the game is that the movement is "Warp movement", like you move from node to node rather than actually walking. Everything else is quite good.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Outside of what ever had said, I really liked Trover Saves The Universe. If you like Rick and Morty, you will definitely enjoy it.

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Yeah, I think the standout exclusives have all been covered.

You're good on Astro Bot and Blood & Truth.

Then grab Wipeout Omega Collection, Resident Evil VII Gold, and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

Dreams should be compatible soon and then Iron Man is the next big release.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Wipeout for sure and should be a priority. Rush of Blood too.

Not exclusives but Rez, Tetris Effect, and Moss are all damn great too.

Nov 7, 2017
Blood and truth, re7 and ace combat are my fav psvr
If you havent played walking dead saints and sinners yet its the best vr game ever.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Is RE7 better first play through with VR or Pro HDR 2D? Still not sure if I want to play it first on ps5 for slight improvements? (If any)

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Astro bot

Blood and Truth - it has some amazing levels.

Oh you already have them. Those have been my favorites so far.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Is RE7 better first play through with VR or Pro HDR 2D? Still not sure if I want to play it first on ps5 for slight improvements? (If any)
VR. The game will undoubtedly be blurrier, but the improvements in audio and the feeling of presence are 100% worth it. Plus, you get some better gameplay thanks to being able to aim with your head.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
Today I purchased the PSVR bundle that comes with Blood & Truth and Everybody's Golf VR. I was thinking about waiting for the Iron Man bundle, but the price didn't really make sense to me, being that it was the same price with fewer games and it's only $40 on its own.

Anyway, I was able to grab Astro Bot and Farpoint, brand new, for $10 each. I also grabbed Firewall Zero Hour with the Aim Controller. Since I already have a PCVR setup, anything that is everywhere I'll always grab on that; but I am wondering what other PSVR exclusives I should check out.

Let me know what you think of the psvr. I've been curious about it, but after playing on my cousin's PC set up, I'm not sure how it compares.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

PS VR Worlds has tons of mini games. Very fun and exclusive. Wipeout is amazing and you already have Firewall Zero Hour (best PSVR game by far).
Enjoy OP!

Apr 20, 2020
Edit sorry didn't see the exclusive in op
Add Wipeout to this list for sure

Superhot was the first 'oh shit' experience. I still jump into endless mode and it feels like tai chi.

Everybody's put like a thousand hours into some version(s) of Skyrim at this point, but huge vistas and some good jump scares in the dungeons can make this worth going back through.

I marathoned No Man's Sky during the start of lockdown and while your mileage may vary - it's weirdly stiff and menu driven- the dogfighting and alien surprises were impressive.

Astrobot is almost perfect. My only complaint is that it feels like a sit back and relax game, but demands a considerable amount of head and torso movement.

Beat Saber is fantastic, though I already like prefix-step music. It's hard as nails but has a lot of options to make tracks simple fun.

If you can get In Death for cheap, it's a classic sort-of-bad-controls, fun aesthetics VR indie game that's a novelty to bust out once in a while.

Sairento has awful orientalism but some ridiculously fun movement mechanics and satisfying shooting. It crashes on me after a few missions but I still find myself playing it.

The Last Guardian demo is exceptional.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
One I rarely see mentioned but consider to be one of the better exclusives is Statik. If you're in to puzzle games, this one's really good.

Statik

Statik is a VR game about solving puzzles in a place you don’t know, with a person you don’t recognise, and hands that aren’t completely yours.brbrJoin Dr Ingen and his delightful assistant Edith on a journey to unravel the complexities of the human mind. Awaking to each new day with a unique...

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Same boat as you OP.

Resident Evil 7, I couldn't make it out the starting screen. Having my entire room turn into the mobile home was too much for my senses.

I'm still stuck in the demo discs, lmao.

Oct 2, 2018
Beat Saber
Thumper
Astrobot
Farpoint
Superhot VR

I also quite like carnival games + Dick Wilde for pick up and play fun.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
Resident evil 7 is the best experience I've had with PSVR. You won't be disappointed. It's the only experience that's truly made me a believer in the future of VR.